“Casa Tequila - good food”
Review of Casa Tequila

Casa Tequila
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited the Casa Tequila Restaurant for dinner. We enjoyed it. It was quite busy yet the servers were pleasant. The food was good. The margaritas were good.
We would return.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is awesome. Great food, authentic atmosphere and excellent service. The food is served in generous portions and prepared to a high quality.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very nice staff. Quality food. A 180 from many Mexican restaurants. Very nice.Excellent all around. Go there often.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We've driven past Casa Tequila several times and always planned to try it out. On a cold, 7-degree Friday evening with even lower wind chills, we ventured over to Hartford. The place was packed. We had to park in the lot across the street. Coming from my job, I still had my heels on. The lot was treacherous at best. It was highly rutted mud which was frozen and covered with ice and snow. Once the car stopped rocking, and we got out, I must have looked like an old lady shuffling along, hoping I wouldn't fall. We we greeted immediately, and we asked to sit on the side of the restaurant that seemed most quiet. My husband and I do like to talk during our meals, and often times, restaurants are so noisy, it's almost impossible to hear each other without shouting like the rest of the diners. It turned out there was a birthday dinner to the side of us with the typical noise associated with it. The restaurant staff offered their birthday greetings in song, accompanied by traditional Mexican hats. My husband wondered to me why the wait team didn't sing Felix Cumpleanos! Our meal started with chips and salsa. Both of the salsas were mild and had good flavor. The chips were fresh, but didn't have any salt on them. I personally don't like overly salted chips; some, however, would have added to the experience. I ordered the shrimp fajitas. They came with a small side of lettuce, guacamole, cheese (I believe it was chihuahua cheese), refried beans and corn or flour tortillas. The fajitas themselves had a plethora of green peppers, which definitely outnumbered the onions, red peppers and shrimp. The fajitas were flavorful and not at all spicy. I was surprised that they were served as any other dish, not with the sizzling delivery I've come to expect with fajitas. My husband ordered the Mole Poblano con Pollo. I tasted the mole sauce, and it had a nice, rich flavor. It, also, was not that spicy. My husband also had an accompaniment of corn tortillas. During the meal, our server was very attentive. In fact, she stopped by two or three times after delivering our food. In addition, a gentleman stopped by to check in on us, and then a woman (the manager?) stopped by also. They were almost too attentive for the time we were there, but I'd much rather have a serving team who cares than one you never see again after the food is delivered. We were asked if we wanted dessert, but the meals were plentiful. We may come back, however, for the price and other reasons noted, there is a small, extremely authentic restaurant in Hartford, just north of the Mineshaft, that won our hearts and taste buds quite some time ago!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow! $1 tacos, and it is real food. Tuesday's are the day for $1 tacos starting at 3pm. My husband and I both think the ground beef tacos resemble Taco Bell in taste, texture, and residual grease. But, the kids like them. He and I both enjoy the chicken tacos. Flavorful chicken with good taste and texture. Both varieties are topped as always, not shruken up for the special. Our server was top-notch. We love the salsa and pico. (One time we picked up chips and salsa to go and the chips were stale as though they had been refried. But the salsa was still fresh.) I tried the margarita with the new tequila and it was tasty but a bit too sweet. If you have allergies to wine, stay away from the sangria. Both my husband and I have gotten bad headaches from it.

1  Thank sally g