“Had an Awesome Time!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great stay with the AmericInn! I haven't had this great of a hotel experience in a while so thank you to your staff! Pool was great, we used the conference room and that was a pretty awesome room. Really loved the jacuzzi in the King suite!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Ann W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the AmericInn of Hartford. You had a great group and the weather could not have been better for your group!

We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed here for one night while visiting the area and Holy Hill, The Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary. This is probably one of the closest hotels to Holy Hill. They didn't have many rooms left on the second floor so I got the King Whirlpool suite Room 224 which was very nice. Here are my pros and cons about this hotel:

Pros:
-The room was very clean especially the bathroom;
-Layout of room was great with nice leather comfy sofa, coffee table, and great TV;
-Excellent and friendly customer service - the man who checked me in patiently showed me several rooms and I was given a later check out no problem;
-Free pass to a fitness center within walking distance or one minute drive. I used the Fitness Center which is open 24/7 and offers plenty of workout equipment;
-Good breakfast, nice pool and whirlpool area with towels;
-Great location within walking distance to stores and restaurants;
-No pets and no smoking hotel which I appreciate.

Cons:
-Biggest con was that I was in an end room near stairs - it was a Saturday night and hotel was full so people were up and down until about 11:30pm when I was finally able to get to sleep; I think all hotel guests should have to come in through the main lobby after 10pm;
-I had a room facing the street and there was a fair amount of traffic noise - however it did not keep me from sleeping and the traffic was light at night.
-They advertise special quiet door technology, but the doors were as loud as any other hotel unfortunately.

Room Tip: The whirlpool takes a long time to fill up with water, so start it about 1/2 hour before you want to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the AmericInn of Hartford. I will take a detailed look at your list of pros and cons. We appreciate everything our guests have to say!

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

a very clean and spacious suite and and very nice breakfast area that was well maintained. food and coffee was refilled often. the emplyees were very friendly and the price was reasonable. i would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. We value and appreciate great guests like yourself.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love this hotel. When I first walked in I felt like I was at home. The rooms have been recently remodeled and were very clean and modern. I also can't say enough about the friendly staff. Kudos to this hotel. I look forward to booking my next reservation.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying at the AmericInn of Hartford! We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed recently for a wedding in town. What a friendly, clean and fun place to stay! Rooms are great, friendly staff, yummy breakfast and all within walking distance to SO MUCH! We'll be back, thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. We value and appreciate what our guests have to say. We hope to see you this summer!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have no complaints about our stay at this hotel. Room was clean, staff was friendly, pool was great. The lobby was decorated nicely and the continental breakfast was stocked! We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We hope to see you this summer!!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband & I stayed here last weekend for a date night escape. Upon entering the room it looked very nice. I think they just remodeled the hotel & rooms not so long ago??? We stayed in a jacuzzi suite & it was nice that the TV swiveled so we could catch the Final Four Badger game while we were relaxing with some drinks in the jacuzzi! Also, they seemed to offer quite a few TV stations & they came in VERY well. Of course all we were interested in was TBS at that point cause of the Badgers, but in the morning my hubby was watching another station & it had a great picture as well. The bed however I didn't find super comfortable. The mattress was firm, def. NOT plush. Not sure if they upgraded the mattresses when they remodeled or not??? Also, I didn't care for just the sheet, thin blanket, & a very thin slippery coverlet. The coverlet slipped off through the night & all we were left with was a sheet & thin blanket. It would have be nicer in my opinion if they triple sheeted the bed & had a thicker blanket in-between or something like many other hotels now do. Having a microwave & mini-fridge in the room was nice. We stored our leftovers from dinner & it kept our drinks cold. The bathroom itself was kinda blah. All white & I did see some fuzz in the corners, but the toilet & tub seemed clean enough. The sink area outside the bathroom was nice. The granite top was classy & clean looking. We did go down to the pool & hot tub after the Badgers lost. It was nice. I liked the wood arched ceiling in the pool room. It felt cozy. The pool def. isn't huge, but it was good enough to dip in & swim around a bit. The hot tub was fine too & the bubbles worked well. Glad they had towels available in the pool area. That's always a nice plus & I think fairly standard at hotels these days now. I'm not sure how I felt about a pool table being in the pool room cause I would think it would get musty & gross from the humidity, but a few people seemed to be enjoying that convenience while we were in the pool. Some kids were throwing a ball around in the pool & that was slightly annoying because I felt like we didn't have that much room to just swim around, but whatever. Kids will be kids! Now, to my only real deal breaker complaint, as we were cleaning up to check-out I searched the skirt of the bed to make sure we didn't have socks there or whatnot & I stumbled upon a used condom wrapper! Thank God it was only the wrapper, but still, I feel like housekeeping should have def. caught that when they cleaned before our arrival. I mean, let's be honest, we all know things of this nature happen in hotel rooms, but when I stay somewhere I don't want to be reminded of the persons who have stayed before me. My hubby & I were pretty grossed out & I did bring it to the attention of the check-out lady. However, she only offered to switch my room, but it was too late, we were checking out & had just discovered it. I wish she had offered a discount on our current stay or another stay for another time at a reduced rate to entice us to come back, but I didn't push the issue cause I was kinda in shock about the whole icky factor still. Anyhow, overall, this is a nice hotel for the money. The lobby is nice looking & welcoming with a fireplace (which they didn't have on & it was kinda cold out, so I'm not sure if it works, but I think it would have been nice to have on upon walking in to check-in, but that's just me.) They do offer breakfast as well until 10am, but we slept in, so we never got to check that out, but the area appeared nice when I passed it a few times throughout our stay. So, if you're in the area & need a place to stay, I'd say this is probably your best option & at the best price. Just make sure you check your room out thoroughly upon arrival & I sincerely hope that you don't find anything gross lingering from the past guests as we did.

Room Tip: We stayed in a jacuzzi suite room that faced the wooded area. Not a great looking view after such a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Germantown Inn
AmericInn of West Bend
AmericInn of West Bend
#3 of 4 in West Bend

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford? Share your experiences!