“Wonderful. Don't let the term "B&B" discourage you.”

Westphal Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Hartford B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Wonderful. Don't let the term "B&B" discourage you.”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I just returned from a quick two day stay at the Westphal Mansion Inn and I can't say enough good things about it. First, the owners Pam and Garrett are amazing. From the minute you walk in the door they make you feel like family. Don't let the term "Bed & Breakfast" discourage you from giving this place a try. There are eight suites available, every single one has its own private bath, complete with every amenity you would/could need. Shampoo/conditioner, facial cleanser, lotion, bath products and a full size hair dryer. I stayed in Suite 5 and had my own gas fireplace. It wasn't really cool at night but I turned it on anyway, just because I could! In addition, there is free wi-fi throughout the Inn which makes it great for business travelers. Any review of this place would be incomplete without mentioning breakfast. I am normally not a breakfast eater but I stuffed myself silly both mornings I stayed here because the food was so good. Pam and Garrett use ingredients from their garden when available. They made a chocolate chip mint scone that was to die for. I would have eaten six of those if they put them in front of me. Each breakfast is four courses. A fruit course, a bread course, the main course and dessert. Unfortunately I had no room for dessert so had to pass on what I am sure was an amazing creme brulee. Believe me it pained me to have to do so since creme brulee is my very favorite dessert in the world. Finally, I should mention Duke. Duke is Pam and Garrett's dog. He is very friendly and greets everyone with a smile. I am a dog lover, and playing with Duke made me miss my own dogs a little less. If you have any reason to stay in the Hartford area I highly recommend this place. Thanks to Pam and Garrett and their warm and friendly service, it felt like home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Coug1995

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
milwaukee,wi
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We just got back from a weekend Murder Mystery stay at the Inn. Let me just say.......heaven. The mansion is just huge and has a lot of charm. Pam and Garret have done a great job restoring it back to its original shape. It is very elegant. They even tell of the history of the home. Interesting. We stayed in the "Hemmingway" suite. It had a very comfortable bed and a sitting area with a t.v. dvd combo. It was on the third floor of the mansion. It had a wonderful large bathroom with a claw foot tub and a walk in shower. Lovely.

There was a murder mystery theme this weekend. We enjoyed it very much. We investigated and figured it out. It included a devine breakfast for both days, which was wonderful and a lovely delicous catered dinner @ Perk Place. YUMMY. The weekend was just perfect.

We loved Duke the dog whom greated us whenever we walked in the home. Pam and Garret really have worked hard to get this place just right. We plan on attending the next murder mystery happening in October of this year. Can't wait to stay with them again. I think I gained a pound. UGHH! So worth it though.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laamidon
St. Joseph County, INDIANA
Reviewed June 9, 2008

How does one describe perfection? Our visit was absolutely delightful. Pamela and Garrett and Dorothy are genuine, warm and wonderful, and their home is a work of art. We felt like we were visiting a piece of history that had been restored just for our enjoyment. We spent the whole visit entranced by the amount of love and care that has gone into refurbishing this beautiful mansion. Every inch of the home is lovely, and not one corner has been left untouched. The furnishings are gorgeous, but not overdone. Pam is truly an artist in the decorating department. She has chosen lovely, soothing palletes, but not so frilly that a man would feel out of place. The wine and cheese reception with Dorothy felt like a visit with a dear friend. Breakfast was incredible, four courses with dessert! Not one thing could have been improved upon. The visit was perfect.

• Liked — Absolutely everything.
  • Disliked — No downside at all.
  • Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RPearlpcker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend

Been to Westphal Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!