“Great restaurant and food”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Greenfield
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had better sushi than this served at Kyoto. However each time I would like to eat it again, I would have to travel to Florida Keys - and that's impossible.
Nice newly remodeled decor, polite service and good pricing - all wrapped up nicely in a strip mall near Southridge mall. This will be the only place for sushi for me from now on. Food is delicious, we loved it all, but you have to try the Volcano and Special Christmas maki rolls (9/10).

1  Thank Ireneusz K
There are newer reviews for Kyoto Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place has all you can eat Sushi from Sunday night - Wednesday night I believe. It's $24 and the menu is vast. Do yourself a favor and go with a group, NO SHARING WITH NON ALL YOU CAN EAT CUSTOMERS!...says so on the menu.

Doesn't matter, had sushi.

Service can be a bit slow depending on how busy, but usually they're fine.

They also have a $10 lunch special, 3 rolls, soup and salad and it's plenty.

Overall this place is excellent. The food tastes great, it's always fresh and they are very accommodating. I recommend making a reservation regardless, just so you've got your table ready to go.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I go here every Monday for lunch. This our new tradition :-). We love the sushi, the staff and the atmosphere. They always make us feel welcome. The sushi is so delicious and the plating is a work of art! The lunch specials are a very good deal especially for the quality. 3 rolls for $9.95. Tell me where else you can find that in Milwaukee. When someone tells you that Kyoto has the best sushi in town, they are not kidding!

1  Thank gamgirl31
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Seated immediately even though the restaurant seemed almost at capacity. An excellent (almost overwhelming) selection of Sushi prepared fresh and in a timely manner. Service was outstanding and really never had to wait for service to check up on us. The price was a value considering the selection and quality of the food.

2  Thank Greg C
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are SERIOUS Sushi lovers! Due to location, my husband has eaten here for years and I have about 6 times. They just don't LISTEN! I have Esophogus issues and the SPICY stuff like the Mango sauce is TABOO for me. Every single time we have ordered, either inhouse or takeout they ignore the instructions and put it on instead.

Apart from that, the sushi itself is "fair" not exceptional nor bad. The staff does not look very happy and I am sure their business would increase with some lessons in professional customer service.

4  Thank mabarley777