“East European Food Oh So Good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Greendale
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“East European Food Oh So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I grew up in a Polish neighborhood in Chicago. All of our lunchmeat and sausages came from the Polish deli on "the avenue". Well not I can buy many of the save flavorful meats and sausages as well as other East European delights at the Old World Deli. My favorites are the Krakow Sausage and their headcheese. On the shelves I find the beets and horseradish I love with my Polish sausage dinner. This place is a little jewel of great food just like I grew up with!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob D

Davis, California
“Flavorful deli meats and a range of Eastern European specialities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am Czech and I was really happy to find this store. Deli meats, cheeses, and sausages are fresh, very reasonably priced, and have so much flavor that you will never want to eat anything else. The bacon is fantastic. They have a selection of classical chocolates and candies that make great gifts. My other favorites include mineral water (with and without flavor), pickled herrings with no added sugar, bryndza (creamy sheep cheese), and instant soups and dumplings. They have also a sizeable liquor section, although I have not tried any yet. The service is pleasant, efficient, and happy to answer any questions you might have.

• Visited January 2013