“Just what Green Lake needed”

Sharkz Brewz 'n Bitez
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Green Lake
Cuisines: Diner, Bar
Hinsdale, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what Green Lake needed”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Sharkz is the perfect place to go on your relaxing day at the lake. A beautiful view of the water and some basic "feel-good" food -- there is something on the menu for everyone. I am not sure what some of the negative reviewers were expecting because this is a place you can go in your bathing suit, with the kids - big groups and small - to relax and just enjoy a simple meal. It isn't trying to be gourmet, it is basic Wisconsin food: burgers, dogs, chicken sandwiches, salad and a kids selection. The french fries are delicious. The kids meals are a great price, all coming with a bottled soda and an ice cream. I am not a drinker so I won't comment on the drinks except to say there is clearly a huge selection. Finally, my family and I are summer Green Lakers, but I often see the locals eating there. I think this tells you it is one of the good restaurants in town.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Julie G

Eudora, KS
“Great food, nice servers!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great food! Servers were very nice, but a service was a bit slow. However, they got pretty busy while we were there. Nice waterfront location.

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Beyond rude”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

In such a lovely area with kind people and other places to eat, rent watercraft or get gas, go anywhere but here. The rudeness and arrogance of the owner/proprietor were staggering. If I were a business owner on Green Lake, I'd absolutely try harder.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank clackey2
Chicago, Illinois
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Upon arriving in Green Lake we had some time to kill before we could check in to our room, so of course we wanted to have a cocktail on the lake. This restaurant has a prime location so we very happily sat down and began to wait. Our waitress on our first visit was quite frankly annoying and very slow. We waited some time to receive our drink while we watched her wait on numerous customers. We ordered cheese bites that were OK, but not anything you cannot find at numerous pubs. The second day of our trip we again stopped back, again focusing on the location and I am pleased to say we had much better service. Establishments really need to focus on training waiters/waitresses on the proper ways to provided good customer service. If we had not decided to go back a second time this review would have been more negative.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Marie64_13
Northbrook, Illinois
“Keep expectations low”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a new place at Green Lake Marina. It's a wonderful location but the food is very average with service to match. Nachos had poached chicken with no flavor and little cheese. Burgers are served plain and well done. Wraps were ok. If you want fries, be sure to ask because there nothing comes with sandwiches.

Visited July 2014