“Can't Wait to go back again! Great place to stay!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Lake
Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Green Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Angel Inn for our weekend honeymoon in Green Lake, WI. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and were a little unsure what to expect. We wanted something quiet and intimate where we could just enjoy eachother and relax. The Angel Inn surpassed our expectations and gave us everything we had hoped for! Kathy and David are very, very nice people who made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in but also gave us the personal space we craved to really enjoy our honeymoon. It was perfect!
The breakfast provided in the mornings was wonderful with lots of fresh fruit and coffee. We woke up in the mornings to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking and really enjoyed eating our wonderful and delicious breakfast outside on the back porch just watching the serene activity of Green Lake. They even made us heart -shaped french toast to celebrate our honeymoon! So sweet and much appreciated!
The rooms were very clean and charming. We stayed in the Serphium (spelling?) room which was on the top floor. It was one of the biggest rooms with a king size bed and the whirlpool tub had a pretty side view of the lake. The only problem we had was that the ceiling did slope pretty drastically in the bathroom area which my husband hit his head on a few times. I am 5'4 and it didn't really bother me but if you are any taller you may feel more comfortable in a second floor room where the ceilings don't have the slope to them though you may give up some room space. The rest of the space was very comfortable so it was a very minor issue to us overall. I only mention it because anyone taller than 5'8 may not be very comfortable using the bathroom in this room since the roof slopes right over the sink and toliet area.
Kathy even took some pictures of us by the lake and in front of her beautiful greek revival bed & breakfast and emailed them to us the night we left. She is so sweet and made our stay wonderful. I would suggest the Angel Inn to anyone who would like a quiet lake side getaway. My husband and I can't wait to go back again, and with the great fireplaces in every room we might even make it a cozy winter weekend get away!
Thank you Kathy and Dave for making our honeymoon so enjoyable!!! We can't wait to come visit again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LillieMarie

Reviewed August 13, 2008

My wife and I took a 2-day road trip to Wisconsin while visiting family in Chicagoland. Friends suggested that we visit Green Lake, and we found Angel Inn two days before our departure. We phoned and made a reservation for the Seraphim Room. There are a total of 5 rooms in the b&b. The phone reservation was quick and painless, and I received an email confirmation an hour or so later. A credit card is required for making the reservation, and there is a 2-week cancellation policy.

Angel Inn is a b&b directly on the lake, with luscious lawn and greens separating the b&b and the lake itself! There is plenty of parking. It is near the lovely Hattie Sherwood Park.

We arrived on Tuesday evening around 6:30pm. Kathy warmly greeted us and gave us some local Green Lake information. I asked about payment and she told me that we would take care of this at check-out. She escorted my wife and me upstairs (she offered to help with our luggage but I took care of it) and explained how to use the fireplace and whirlpool.

When we wanted to go out for dinner, Kathy showed us a large amount of local menus. We selected a restaurant and she arranged a reservation for us, as well as giving us a 10% discount card. She gave us great driving directions as well!

The room is fantastic - it's on the top (3rd) floor, and has a lovely view of the lake and lawns. The bed is so comfortable that we chose to oversleep, missing the 8-10am breakfast hours! We barely made it to 11am check-out, and Kathy invited us to enjoy the breakfast food in the dining hall! So we enjoyed coffee, orange juice, banana bread, scones, fruit, cheese blintzes, and bacon! We could also have had tea (several flavors!). We ate a leisurely (and late!) breakfast on the patio overlooking the lake. It was pure bliss - just lovely food and a beautiful lake.

We can't wait to stay here again. Angel Inn is open year-round, so hopefully we'll visit in November.

Now that I've experienced this fabulous b&b, I will be comparing every single b&b I visit in the future with this one. The bar is now high!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Simply wonderful. The Angel Inn is everything you could want in a Bed & Breakfast and more. The entire inn is beautifully decorated and fastidiously maintained. The rooms are all elegant and comfortable with nice touches like fresh flowers and delectable chocolates. The breakfasts are delicious, beautifully presented, and more than ample. And the hosts are about the nicest people you could ever meet. The inn is right on Green Lake, so has a gorgeous view. Plus you can sit on the porch or on the deck by the water to have your coffee, read the newspaper or a book, or simply enjoy the setting. We have been staying there every summer for about 6 or 7 years and have tried all 5 of the lovely guest rooms. I look forward to every visit and hope to continue our stays for many years.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2007

We spent a lovely fall weekend at the wonderful Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast. It is located on Green Lake with a spectacular view. It is very close to town but not located directly in town. We stayed in the Michael Room. The room was small but cozy. It had a fireplace and a two person tub in the room. The bathroom was small with a stand up shower, toilet, small vanity and small mirror. The enitre property is VERY clean and well decorated. I only have 3 (minor) complaints about our room, the first being that our toilet needed to be plunged every day (not a big deal as each room has it's own plunger hidden behind the toilet). The second being the room didn't have a mirror large enough to see more than your head. Again, not a big deal because the hallway did and I just walked out there and took a look! And the third being we had rude acros- the-hall neighbors who arrived late at night and didn't make any effort to try and be quiet. The rooms are not sound proof in any way so you hear every single person walking down the hall/stairs/banging doors, etc. (Although this didn't detract from our fabulous experience.)
We were unable to get a room with a king size bed so we settled for the only room available with a queen. That was difficult for us to get used to but not in any way the fault of the Inn.
The BEST BEST BEST thing about this bed & breakfast, aside from the wonderful owners Kathy & Dave, is the breakfast! Both mornings we were treated to some of the most delicious breakfasts we've ever eaten. Kathy makes a wide variety of items and goes out of her way to get fresh fruit and scrumptious pasties. Fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, tea, usually scrambled eggs and another egg dish, plus a non-egg dish, bacon, a fresh fruit & yogurt parfait, etc. Quite Outstanding!
Kathy & Dave both will go out of their way to get any information you may need regarding area attractions or activites. They were very helpful with suggestions on activities happening in neighbooring towns also.
We would DEFINITLEY stay here again. It is a perfect location for a Green Lake getaway!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dolly2377
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I just returned home from a stay at the Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast. The Inn was beautiful! I wish I could have spent more time there...I didn't want to leave. Sitting on lake property, the views are spectacular. It felt very relaxing and serene. I enjoyed my breakfast (which were delightfully delicious) out by water every morning...what a great way to start the day! The rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, fresh and new. To unwind in the ultra bath was a relaxing way to end the day. The owners, Kathy and Dave were truly gracious and very hospitable. This was a great B & B. Best of the best! My #1 pick of places to stay in Green Lake and the surrounding area! ...Debra S. Denver, Colorado

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Heidel House Resort & Spa
Heidel House Resort & Spa
#2 of 4 in Green Lake

Been to Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!