“Angel Inn is stellar”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Lake
Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Green Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Angel Inn is situated on a large lake front lot on beautiful Green Lake. The 100+ year old home has been lovingly and painstakingly rehabbed to provide its guests with all the modern conveniences without compromising its original character. We have stayed at many B&Bs and were most impressed with Angel Inn's morning offering. Plenty of options were available and special dietary requests were not frowned upon. What really sets this B&B apart is its innkeepers, Kathy and Dave. They go above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met and do so with such warmth and kindness that you feel you've known them for years. They know the area well and are ready to provide advice about dining, attractions, etc. Kathy's and Dave's hospitality is sure to lure you back time and again to Angel Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelmom85
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to find your review. Thank you so much for all the kind words. I had been thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling...Wish you could have stayed longer, the time we had together went so fast! I hope our paths cross again real soon...Please send me some of your favorite recipes when you have time... I found a good one the other day with fresh garden vegetables! Have a beautiful rest of your summer. Thank you, again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Angel Inn on our wedding night 11 years ago and have returned for our anniversaries ever since. It is without a doubt our favorite place to stay for several reasons. The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous, from the impressive foyer and staircase to the charming dining and living rooms, to the tastefully decorated bedrooms with elegant bathrooms. The setting couldn't be better, with plenty of places to view the water from the front porch, the second floor balcony, or the patio atop the boathouse. The last two years we have picked up dinner from town and enjoyed a picnic in one of these spots- it was so relaxing!
There are bicycles available to use- we had a blast using both the tandem bike and the three-wheeled bicycles- there are some great riding paths and the downtown is just a short bike ride away (with a great icecream parlor - Bayview Landing).
The breakfasts are absolutely amazing. The food is delicious, plenty, and presented nicely. We always look forward to the food, as it is sure to include fresh fruit, and some yummy hot breakfast foods that not only smell amazing, but taste even better than they smell!
Lastly, the Angel Inn would not be what it is without its wonderful hosts. Dave and Kathy go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Beyond that, Kathy makes each guest feel special. She remembers things from year to year about repeat guests such as ourselves, and is so welcoming upon each return. We look forward to seeing her as much as returning to the Inn itself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JMoney21
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Your "11th Wedding Anniversary"! Takes my breath away! Seems like yesterday you made the reservation for your wedding night ! Wow...11 years and two beautiful daughters later. Dave and I are truly blessed to have you in our lives and honored to be part of your "Wedding Anniversaries"! You are the highlight of my week and I look forward every year for the time we have together. Hope your summer is the best and thank you so much for all you do for us! Blessings!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary by staying three nights at the Angel Inn Bed and Breakfast in Green Lake Wisconsin. When we travel in the US we try to stay at B+B's because we like that type of experience. We have been at dozens and almost without exception have been very satisfied. My wife picked the location (Green Lake) based on local advertisements we had heard. She found the Angel Inn via the web. She liked their story and their website and after a few phone calls with Cathy (part of Cathy and Dave the owners) we booked our stay. Cathy was a magnificent hostess. We did not see much of Dave since he works a full time job and travels. Cathy was always available, full of useful info, an incredible cook and always a positive happy person. The Angel Inn is on Green Lake in a beautiful setting. There is amble room out side and on the porch or balcony to view the lake and relax. However you can't really swim in the lake from their location. There is a small beach within walking distance to take a dip and there are two other beaches within a short driving distance. My biggest concern when I travel is evening noise (air conditioning, late night parties, etc) since I am a light sleeper. Cathy suggested the Michael room and it was perfect from a noise perspective since it was on the opposite side of the house from the A/C units which run most of the time. They are not real noisy but likely would have bothered me. The Michael room was very nicely decorated and next to the upstairs balcony which is where we took our morning coffee and evening cocktails and had a great view of the lake. The only downside to the Michael room was its size. It was quite small with no closet so we had to be efficient in storing our luggage. It wasn't an insurmountable problem but an inconvenience. The bed and facilities were excellent.
In addition to the location being excellent and the Inn being beautiful and Cathy being wonderful, was the food. These were some of the best breakfasts we have ever had. We strongly suggested that Cathy publish her recipes. They were fantastic. So overall, we would rate Angel Inn as one of the better B+B's we have stayed at and would strongly recommend it.

As for Green Lake it is a Wisconsin lake town. The lake is well developed with lots of restaurants and bars, some shopping and the usual things like boat rentals and boat tours. We went in early June, mid week so many things had not opened up yet or were only open on the weekend. We ate at Norton's which was walking distance from Angel Inn and the food was very good and well priced with a nice bar. We also ate at Grey Rock at the Heidel House. The bar and restaurant were excellent there and while a little pricey it was well worth it with excellent food and top notch service. There is a lot of golf available and we played Tuscumbia which is the oldest course in Wisconsin. It was challenging but playable with the typical great service. We originally signed up for nine holes but enjoyed it so much we asked to play 18 and they just charged us the difference. We did antiquing in Princeton and some other shopping and lunch in Ripon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Angel Inn. I have missed you at the breakfast table! Just so you know, every morning your kind words made an awesome start to my day, along with your wife's smile, which is priceless! Hopefully we will see you in the Fall. The golf courses with the Fall colors are gorgeous at that time also! Until we meet again, "May the pot full of "Gurgles" keep you laughing"! Thank you so very much, we appreciate for all you have done for us. Wish you were here now, the lake is calm and the sun is shinning a beautiful 70 degree day!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an amazing experience at the Angel Inn. Several members of our family all stayed to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. The hosts, Kathy and Dave were kind and welcoming to all of us and treated my parents, and the rest of us too, like royalty during their special weekend. They went out of their way to accommodate the needs of our large group of people, even going so far as to prepare special, and delicious, meals for those of us with unique dietary needs.The décor of the entire inn is exquisite with a warm and luxurious feel. The weather was a bit too cool to enjoy many of the outdoor amenities, but the grounds were beautiful as well. I would highly recommend a stay at the Angel Inn B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you Laura for all the kind words. It was fun for us to meet the rest of your family and put faces to all the names we have heard so much about over the years. Your Mother and Father are very special to us and we look forward to every time they enter our doors. Have a wonderful "Family 50th Wedding Anniversary Vacation", and make many memories...Looking forward to seeing all the pictures! Thank you again Laura!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well, my daughter beat me to it, but wanted to add my thoughts as well. We've been to Angel Inn twice now, once in the summer (my husband caught a GIANT bass), and once this October. Just a beautiful place and hosts Kathy and Dave are amazing. Beautiful rooms, inviting fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs in every room. Breakfasts are beyond belief (See comments below) and so attentive to special dietary needs. You can't go wrong with the Angel Inn!

p.s. We'll be back, and I WILL master that tricycle! :)

Room Tip: All beautiful....we liked the Raphael and the Seraphim.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

What a fun weekend, thank you for all the laughter and for sharing your family with us! We will have the flashlights ready for the "Mastering of the Tricycles" in 2013! Thank you for your review, it is a beautiful start to my day.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I joined my parents at the Angel Inn Bed and Breakfast for a "leaf peeping" trip this October. Kathy and Dave have a beautiful home with attention to period details with modern conveniences. Oh so welcoming! Felt like I was coming home to see family even though we'd never met!

My mom and I are gluten-free and Kathy and Mary (helps with the breakfasts and room prep, I believe) made delicious breakfasts each morning - enough to keep you going through dinner: Cherry French Toast, Strawberry Crepes, Frittata.

Dave had great recommendations for hiking trails and where to see amazing views of the lake. So knowledgeable about the history of Green Lake and it's surrounding neighborhood.

Stayed in the Uriel room. Beautiful! A little small and a smidge darker than I would have liked, but the spa tub and wine/cheese happy hour made it all worth it!

We will be back! Can't wait to try the tandem bikes again!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have view of the lake. Third floor rooms have side windows that you can see the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

This is so amazing! I am sitting at the computer typing your Mother a message thanking her for the beautiful plant, and up pops your review! What a nice surprise! We are still laughing over the tricycle attempt! Thank you for all the fun! Looking forward to next time!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location of the Angel Inn is on Green Lake, the view was spectacular and the decor of the inn was amazing. Most importantly, the host's David and Kathy Greening were wonderfu!!. The breakfast each morning was so tasty. My husband and I highly recommend this B&B, we will be back:)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
angelinns, Owner at Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

What a beautiful find to wake up to this morning. Your kind words just made my day! I feel I have known you my whole life. Wish the short time we had together would have been longer. Don't forget to send me an e-mail, I want to hear your story. Happy Anniversary! Hugs and Blessings my friend.