“Angel Inn bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Lake
Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Green Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have spent a wonderful weekend there. The service was great, Dave and Cathy are great hosts. They supplied us with 2 great breakfasts. There are several different room types. The only draw back was the size of the room being a little on the small side. I don't about the sizes of the other rooms. But the house is nice and it is a relaxing place to stay, and I would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have returned from our 11th annual get away to the Angel Inn refreshed, renewed, and relaxed. Moments are magical and stand still during each stay. From the exterior and through out the interior, each aspect of the Angel Inn looks as though it has been pulled from the pages of a magazine. The attention to detail from decor, to the delicious gourmet breakfast, and most importantly the kindness of the host/hostess is exquisite. Kathy and Dave, the hostess/host, have created heaven on earth. The Angel Inn is a destination which creates memories and peace. I look forward in returning for the next 11 years.

Room Tip: Each of every room is decorated uniquely and beautifully.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Dave & Kathy really make your stay feel special. We have been coming here for 11 years now and can't wait to come back every year. The rooms are well appointed. The breakfast each morning is spectacular. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Two 100 year old pillars post the entrance. Long before the owners of Angel Inn were even born, as if someone knew the destiny of these concrete hosts, the words POINT COMFORT were carved in their stone. I noticed the words as we drove in off of Lawson Rd. I thought to myself "I hope so'".
The circular drive loops between giant oak trees. I like how Angel Inn is a short walk or bike ride to the tiny downtown of Green Lake, but not in the midst of the hubbub. The house sits well off of the road, and the gorgeous yard has well maintained flower beds of vibrant colors. The big yard slopes gently to the lake edge. If you don't want to leave the grounds you could stay right on the property and take walks around the 2 or more acres.

First thing I noticed while checking in was something incredible baking in the kitchen...while I couldn't see the kitchen, I sure could tell "Grandma" was baking...It was only 1:30 and I breakfast was still 18 hours away. After a pleasant welcoming by Kathy (the owner) we went up to our second floor room....Wow! I've stayed in B & B's all over and this room was amazing. The detail in decorating and comfort Kathy put into the room is second to none. Tea on the 2nd floor veranda was perfect. The bed was a dream and the pillows were clouds. I slept great and the only thing to wake me up was the luscious aroma of fresh brewed coffee at 6:15 am. I "started" breakfast with fresh fruit, homemade blueberry coffee cake, and another coffee cake that tasted like fresh sunshine with a hint of something crisply refreshing, and an incredible sunrise over Green Lake. At 9:45 I went down for the rest of breakfast: eggs, fresh tomatoes, bacon, quiche, cheese roll up heavenly morsels, more fresh fruit, fresh squeezed OJ. We brought bikes and a small boat. Angel Inn has a sweet pier, sandy enough shore, and the lake is crystal clear. We spent some time swimming, fishing, lounging, reading, walking, bike riding, talking, just being serene. As we drove out, I looked at the pillars which now read COMFORT POINT... and I thought, "Promises kept."

The price for one night---$175. An incredible bargain. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Take any room they have available and be grateful that you were one of the lucky ones.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ajptdad
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Imagine gently waking up to the smell of freshly-brewed coffee and then just a hint of apple-cured bacon adding to a delightful mix that welcomes you to the morning. You then float your way down the beautiful staircase to a breakfast I can only say must be experienced. In front of you is a beautiful lake, and a lovely round table is heaped with fresh fruit parfaits combined with yogurt, warm coffee cake and platters of perfectly-cut melons and berries.

You sit and have your first cup of coffee, tea or juice and chat with delightful people from all over and your morning begins in a comfortable and unhurried way with the most wonderful innkeepers, Kathy and Dave, quietly attending to your needs. Make your way over to another lovely antique piece serving hot entrees, like cream-cheese stuffed French Toast, with warm regional Door-County cherries for a topping or cheese blintzes with orange sauce. Next, are egg dishes that vary from day-to-day, and finally, there is that apple-cured bacon.

This grand home offers only five or six beautiful rooms, so one is not overwhelmed with people making it a really pleasant stay. We stayed in the largest of the waterfront rooms, the Raphael, which has a king-size bed and lake view. Every room has fresh-cut flowers.

Upon arriving late Friday, at around sunset, we were delighted to see wine and some delicious Wisconsin cheese and crackers waiting for us. This is offered each evening to guests.

We have returned to the Angel Inn year after year and will continue to as it's an idyllic place to get away and relax in a beautiful setting, while feeling at home in a home-away-from-home, with the warmth and care of Kathy and Dave. We ALWAYS feel welcome! I don't think I can say that about any other place I've stayed. They are genuinely happy to see you return and it is most sincere.

There is a boat dock in front of the B& B, so our friend's boat had easy access to pick us up for a ride. Norton's Restaurant is located right next door for cocktails and meals and there were no sound issues at all.

I highly recommend the Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast in Green Lake, WI. I think you'll really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Viczen
Reviewed August 9, 2011

On the shore of beautiful Green Lake. Old Greek Revival remodeled house that is absolutely beautifully remodeled from new bedding to fresh new towels. My wife and I make a habit of B&B's and this is the nicest of all so far. The view out the windows of the serene lake is breathtaking. There is a really nice restaurant right next door, with a wonderful bar overlooking the lake as well! Dave and Kathy are soooooooo accommodating. Wine and cheese are free in the afternoon, while sitting in the swing on front lawn. Check out the website and you can see from the pics how wonderful it looks. TOTAL WINNER! Mike

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our first time here was three years ago, and we liked the Angel Inn B&B and the town of Green Lake so much, we came back. Everything was just as I had remembered: wonderful home cooked breakfast, well appointed, clean, comfortable rooms, warm and genuine hosts, and an incomparable lake front setting where I could feel the tension and stress of my city life literally wash out of me. We particularly enjoyed the large porches and dock overlooking the lake, and sat there for hours reading and relaxing. The Inn and the setting are ultra quiet and romantic.

The house is a renovated 1910 Georgian mansion and each room has a spa tub and a separate, modern bathroom. We've stayed in two rooms, the Michael and the Gabriel. The Michael has a lake view and a 2-person spa tub, fireplace, shower, queen bed and mini fridge. The Gabriel is a bit smaller but has a charming old-fashioned style spa tub. There is a great restaurant two doors down called Norton's, and after that, town is only a 10 minute lake shore walk. We particularly like the Blind Goose Restaurant in town.

Kathy and Dave are wonderful hosts and helpful with whatever info about the area that you might need.

My husband and I have stayed at B&Bs all over the country, and Angel Inn is one of the best. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the Michael or the Raphael lake view rooms. They are worth the little extra they cost.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple