“Disgusting”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Green Lake
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Our diverse menu features brick-oven pizzas, mouth-watering sandwiches, hand-crafted burgers and Wisconsin “must haves.” We are committed to quality, using the freshest ingredients in preparing your meal. In addition to our great food menu, our bar serves a vast array of beer – drafts, imports, bottle, craft, domestic, gluten-free and non-alcoholic beer. Along with our dining room, we offer a large screened-in patio for seating, a bar area and a large banquet room upstairs seating 150 people. Join us for a casual meal, or your special event.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Disgusting”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was there last summer with my family for a quiet meal. There was a man and woman at the bar who displayed amorous behavior. The man was especially horrible. The woman with him should have slapped his face for the way he was feeling her up and kissing her. He seemed extremely inebriated, but that's not an excuse! Finally they were asked to leave but it took too long. Where was the owner?????

• Visited May 2013
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Your comments were very troubling, but I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. We want to make sure these circumstances are prevented or controlled in the future.

We do train our staff to control disorderly and amorous behavior while at the bar. I apologize that our staff did not control this situation fast enough. We do not condone that type of behavior.

It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional dining experience.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate experience and thank you for letting us know about it.

Wisconsin, United States
“So Good!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had the all you can eat Walleye. Loved it! Tender batter, not greasy at all. Great atmosphere, excellent staff.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank AMS391
AMS391, thank you for taking the time to review us! We recently improved our hand batter fish fry. If you liked it then, you'll LOVE this batter even more! We look forward to seeing you.
Columbus, Georgia
“Hamburger Lovers will Love the Highknocker”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Thw Goose Blind is a local favorite for casual dining. On this last visit our group had the Highknocker hamburger (named after a well-known Indian Chief from the area), a bison burger from a local farm, white-chicken chili, and a sweet Italian sausage sandwich and "chippers" Chippers are fresh-made potato chips and worth trying. The white-chicken chili is a favorite or my wife and she has never been disappointed. My brother loved the Highknocker hamburger. The only downside was my bison burger which had been ordered medium but came out well-done. The Goose Blind has a very large selection of beers and free-self-serve popcorn.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GreenLakerGA
GreenLakerGA, we appreciate your review! It is very pleasing to hear about love for our burger! We take great pride in creating tasty entrees for you to enjoy. Our handcrafted burger are cooked to perfection. Seeing your brother ordered the Bison Burger, our Bison are grass fed and raised from the local 4M Bison Farm. Our Bison is lean and a highly nutrient dense food providing more protein and nutrients with fewer calories and less fat. Since our Bison Burgers are so lean, some guests are not aware of the lean-ness of the burger; causing the guest to feel the burger is dry or over cooked when it is truly not. I personally recommend ordering the Bison Burger with a medium-rare temperature for the future. We look forward seeing you in again with your family.
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Not worth going out of your way”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had stopped by here on our way home from campning looking for a good meal. Our server started off just fine with being very helpful. Once we recieved our food it all changed. My sons burger which was a kids burger was a full size burger bun with a burger patty cut in half . My burger was missing an egg and when it came back out to me it now had the egg but two bottom buns. The server and cook thought this was acceptable. We will not be back.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Gtownmatt
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Gtownmatt, Thank you for taking the time on letting us know about your visit to the Goose Blind. I want to sincerely apologize for your dining experience; our restaurant prides itself in making our guests feel valued and satisfied and I am very sorry that you did not experience this. We are still trying to do our best on details, such as looking over meals before they leave my kitchen. I apologize on behalf of the kitchen staff when you received two bottom buns instead of a top and bottom on the returning hangover burger. We hope to see you again soon. While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my personal guest so that we can show you that we really do provide a great experience. Once again, please accept my sincere apology.

Mary Rowley, Owner.
Medinah, Illinois
“Great food, service, generous portions, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great service, very friendly and attentive. We went for lunch and dinner during our vacation and loved the burgers. Nachos and fried shimp were delicious as well. Great location near the lake.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Christine L
Christine L, your time is greatly appreciated for this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed you lunch and dinner on vacation! We take great pride in the quality of our food and our service. We have recently added new styles of handcrafted burgers to our current menu for you to try on your next visit! Can't wait to see you back again!