“So Good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goose Blind Grill & Bar
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Green Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin, United States
“So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had the all you can eat Walleye. Loved it! Tender batter, not greasy at all. Great atmosphere, excellent staff.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank AMS391
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
AMS391, thank you for taking the time to review us! We recently improved our hand batter fish fry. If you liked it then, you'll LOVE this batter even more! We look forward to seeing you.

Columbus, Georgia
“Hamburger Lovers will Love the Highknocker”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Thw Goose Blind is a local favorite for casual dining. On this last visit our group had the Highknocker hamburger (named after a well-known Indian Chief from the area), a bison burger from a local farm, white-chicken chili, and a sweet Italian sausage sandwich and "chippers" Chippers are fresh-made potato chips and worth trying. The white-chicken chili is a favorite or my wife and she has never been disappointed. My brother loved the Highknocker hamburger. The only downside was my bison burger which had been ordered medium but came out well-done. The Goose Blind has a very large selection of beers and free-self-serve popcorn.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GreenLakerGA
GreenLakerGA, we appreciate your review! It is very pleasing to hear about love for our burger! We take great pride in creating tasty entrees for you to enjoy. Our handcrafted burger are cooked to perfection. Seeing your brother ordered the Bison Burger, our Bison are grass fed and raised from the local 4M Bison Farm. Our Bison is lean and a highly nutrient dense food providing more protein and nutrients with fewer calories and less fat. Since our Bison Burgers are so lean, some guests are not aware of the lean-ness of the burger; causing the guest to feel the burger is dry or over cooked when it is truly not. I personally recommend ordering the Bison Burger with a medium-rare temperature for the future. We look forward seeing you in again with your family.
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Not worth going out of your way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had stopped by here on our way home from campning looking for a good meal. Our server started off just fine with being very helpful. Once we recieved our food it all changed. My sons burger which was a kids burger was a full size burger bun with a burger patty cut in half . My burger was missing an egg and when it came back out to me it now had the egg but two bottom buns. The server and cook thought this was acceptable. We will not be back.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Gtownmatt
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Gtownmatt, Thank you for taking the time on letting us know about your visit to the Goose Blind. I want to sincerely apologize for your dining experience; our restaurant prides itself in making our guests feel valued and satisfied and I am very sorry that you did not experience this. We are still trying to do our best on details, such as looking over meals before they leave my kitchen. I apologize on behalf of the kitchen staff when you received two bottom buns instead of a top and bottom on the returning hangover burger. We hope to see you again soon. While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my personal guest so that we can show you that we really do provide a great experience. Once again, please accept my sincere apology.

Mary Rowley, Owner.
Medinah, Illinois
“Great food, service, generous portions, reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great service, very friendly and attentive. We went for lunch and dinner during our vacation and loved the burgers. Nachos and fried shimp were delicious as well. Great location near the lake.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Christine L
Christine L, your time is greatly appreciated for this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed you lunch and dinner on vacation! We take great pride in the quality of our food and our service. We have recently added new styles of handcrafted burgers to our current menu for you to try on your next visit! Can't wait to see you back again!
“Bad Choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped by yesterday afternoon for lunch. Should have left as soon as we sat down. The booth cushions should have been replace years ago, - we were sitting on springs and the wood frame. They should be embarassed seating people at this table. We ordered kids spaghetti meal, kids hamburger meal, chicken cordon on blue sandwich and the burger with an egg on it. We get the food and we can't locate the egg (which is supposed to be runny) on the burger. We inform the waiter and he said its under the cheese. Still cant find it, so we send it back. While he is gone, I removed the bun of my son's sandwich to put ketchup on it -the pattie is cut in half. When the waiter came back to point out what they see as an egg, we pointed the 1/2 pattie out. He quickly picked it up. We still had issues with the egg burger, so he took it back. Shortly later a full burger arrived for my son, and a little after that my husbands burger came out - with cold fries and 2 bottoms of a bun. The waiter brought out new fries and a top of the bun. We get the bill and no sorry for the problems, no credit for the issues - -full charge for everything. When the manager came over he said kids burgers are only half a burger, but did credit it us for it and the other burger. So, be prepared for a whole bun, but only half a burger? The food, atmosphere, customer service was nothing worth returning for/ recommending.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank JBG416
Thank you for taking the time to review and let us know about your visit to the Goose Blind. We take great pride in the quality of our food and service, and it is very distressing to hear about your experience while you were in. I want to sincerely apologize for your dining experience; our restaurant prides itself in making our guests feel valued and satisfied and I am very sorry that you did not experience this.

Rest assured that your comment is appreciated and I have already taken steps to ensure that lapses such as this do not happen again. Also, you are absolutely right on our booth seats. It has been on our top priority since early spring this year, seeing we are still in need to update. Seeing that we have been remodeling this year as well, the next time you are in, we hope to see that you are enjoying new seats! I have also talked details over with my staff to ensure meals are being prepared correctly and are looked over thoroughly.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology.

Best regards,