“Love this Inn!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Lake
The Miller's Daughter Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Green Lake B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Love this Inn!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend at The Miller's Daughter B & B in Green Lake. We have visited many Bed and Breakfasts and we have to say we enjoyed this inn most of all, mainly because of Kris Herrell, the innkeeper. Kris was such a pleasure to meet. We spent a lot of time chatting with Kris and learning about the inn and how it came to be the gorgeous, inviting place it is today. Kris' pride is understandable because it shows in the love that is seen in the house - its decorating, its wall treatments, furnishings, ambience. All first rate and born of love and pride of ownership. The breakfasts were a m a z i n g ! We know we will be back again.

Room Tip: We loved Lilly's room on the first floor - spacious, serene, comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After 8 years of traveling together, my husband and I can honestly say that the Miller's Daughter is the best B&B we've ever had the pleasure of visiting. This summer, we decided to stay stateside and find a small town on the water to enjoy the 4th of July holiday. I found the charming town of Green Lake and the Miller's Daughter by sheer chance, and booked Lilly's Room for an entire week. This vacation was nothing short of perfection.

Aside from the gorgeous landscaping and architectural detail of the house, we loved the flawless blend of modern decor with Victorian touches. There was nothing fussy about the place, and you never felt as though you were walking on eggshells. Everything was spotless, too, which is important to borderline germophobes (like me). It's also well-located just a couple of minutes from the lake, town shops, bike trails, etc. I highly recommend renting a boat while you're there--the lake is spectacular!

Lilly's Room was absolutely huge, very comfortable, and shaded due to the covered porch (which I prefer so that I can sleep in longer). As a side note, it is an older house and this is on the first floor, so if a little bit of floor creaking will bother you, keep that in mind. It didn't bother me, so it's just FYI. I also toured all of the other rooms during our stay and they're equally beautiful and true to their online representations.

During your stay, you'll enjoy hearty, delicious breakfasts prepared by Kris and served in the dining room. In a whole week, we didn't have the same meal twice! Kris and Larry were wonderful innkeepers--kind, helpful, and a pleasure to talk to without ever being obtrusive. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Miller's Daughter to anyone and I hope to be able to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Lilly's Room was absolutely huge, very comfortable, and shaded due to the covered porch (which I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelerGreenLake, Owner at The Miller's Daughter Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation! We thoroughly enjoyed visiting with you and your husband and enjoyed the laughter and fun that you both shared with the other guests at breakfast each day. We agree that the lake is spectacular and recommend that all of our guests experience it's beauty. We truly hope you make a return visit to Green Lake and The Miller's Daughter!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I were looking for something special and relaxing and The Miller's Daughter was the answer. It sits in a quiet neighborhood minutes from Green Lake and many choices in dining. The Inn itself is immaculate and decorated with many interesting antiques. The front porch is a wonderful place to sit with a morning cup of coffee prior to being served a breakfast that can only be described as pure delight. Kris is a terrific hostess and is very helpful with helping you find your way to any point of interest in the area. Our room was The Tower Room which was absolutely marvelous. It is roomy and comfortable and has a separate area in the tower which contains the whirlpool. The room was immaculate and the bed comfortable. Our weekend stay was special for us and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I were in desperate need of a getaway and decided to take a long weekend in Green Lake. We stayed at the Miller's Daughter and were WOW'ed. It was EXACTLY the weekend we needed. Kris, the innkeeper is friendly, helpful and available without being imposing. The Inn is immaculately kept and all the attention to details were there. We certainly could tell that she loves what she does. Ok, so everyone will wants to know about the food....AMAZING! I can't stop thinking about the Baked French Toast with Fruit Topping....I bought the cookbook she has available from the Inn's of Wisconsin, but I know mine won't even come close to being as wonderful as hers! Who knew this gem of a place was only an hour from home. Thank you Kris....We will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Loved the Johanna Room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelerGreenLake, Owner at The Miller's Daughter Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your kindness. I'm glad you and your husband were able to relax and enjoy the Green Lake area as well as The Miller's Daughter. We appreciate your compliments about our breakfasts as we do strive to use locally grown, seasonal ingredients in our recipes. My husband has picked fresh strawberries twice in the last 2 weeks that we have served daily. You will enjoy the Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast cookbook. It has many great recipes that I enjoy using myself. We look forward to your next visit!
Hudson
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Miller's Daughter B&B is one of the nicest B&Bs at which I have been fortunate to stay - and I stay at a lot. The house is comfortable with inviting spaces. The grounds are very well-kept with gorgeous gardens - even before summer has really started! I chose Johanna's Room for the colors: shades of beige, camel and brown with muted turquoise accents. So elegant! The room is very quiet and the bed is very comfortable - making it hard to get up for a breakfast which I was glad I didn't miss. Kris makes a wonderful Wild Rice Quiche. I wish I could have stayed longer with Kris and Larry and enjoyed more of what Green Lake has to offer. It's a great little town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2013

They were very nice and accommodating while reserving our stay for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. The room was nicely decorated with a large private whirlpool. The breakfast was unique and tasty. We were served coconut pineapple, a wild rice crusted mushroom quiche, and cinnamon scone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the inn 2 days had a great time .Green Lake offers great bike and walking trails .Chris was a fantastic host.The breakfasts at the Inn were outstanding.I would recommend this Inn to all my friends . The bed was super comfy and the sheets were high quality .The porch is a nice place to have your morning coffee

• Stayed May 2013
TravelerGreenLake, Owner at The Miller's Daughter Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you. We enjoyed meeting you and your husband. You certainly made the most of your weekend visit and took advantage of all there is to do from the boat cruise on the lake to hiking, shopping, flea market, etc. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all our inn has to offer also.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Green Lake
Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel
Greenway House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Miller's Daughter Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!