We stayed for 2 nights at the Heidel House. We were in town for the EAA Convention at Oshkosh. It's about 30 minutes from Oshkosh so not bad. The grounds and location are very pretty. The lake is beautiful and there are several restaurants spread throughout the resort. We ate at Grey Rock one evening - we had a beautiful view of the lake and sunset and the hostess and server were very nice. They were very accommodating and were able to serve us a gluten-free/vegetarian dish. We had breakfast in the Sunroom one morning and it wasn't bad. Buffet was only $9.95/per person which wasn't bad at all. Very cheap actually for a pretty good spread.
Our lakefront room had a wonderful view and the room was very big and clean. Two double beds and a sofa bed, table and mini-bar/fridge area.
Our main complaint was attention to detail, they really fell short here. For instance, the balcony off of our room was filthy - covered in cobwebs and spiders, etc. Really gross and very easy for them to clean off with a broom or hose. The same with a lot of the beach chairs near the pool and beach - a lot were broken or really dirty. The outside pool was nice but there were never any towels. When we asked a member of the staff, she told us "she hadn't been informed and said she didn't know when they'd be replenished." Again, we complained at check-out and the staff member told us "people often walk off with towels which didn't allow them to replenish them right away" Umm, how is this our (the guests) problem? The inside pool seemed ok at first but the floor looked like it was never cleaned (dirty tile and grout). Kind of gross.
Paying $219/night for a room at a resort in the middle of nowhere - we at the very least expect some towels by the pool. We weren't asking for much!!! But the response from the staff was pretty much "not my job, not my problem" kind of thing. Sort of disappointing. Again the service at Grey Rock (restaurant) was much better and we really enjoyed our meal there.
We WOULD stay again, simply because of the location - the grounds are pretty, it's close to Oshkosh and the it's really the only "resort" in the area. Good for a short, quiet stay. Not a lot to do in the area, but perfect if you just want to relax by the pool or lake and read a book, etc. Just provide some towels, Heidel House!!! Seriously!
Again customer service needed major improvement, big time. Would I recommend to a friend - yes, for the location alone, right on the lake. But I would inform them about terrible customer service and let them make up their own minds. Hope this helped anyone planning to book a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the shores of beautiful Green Lake, Heidel House Resort & Spa is a year-round Wisconsin resort destination. Unwind, slow down and recharge at our full service resort, where fresh air and miles of shoreline are just the beginning of your Midwest lakefront getaway. For over 60 years, guests have returned to enjoy exquisite dining, championship golf, tranquil spa retreats and more. Together, these create an unparalleled Green Lake experience that you'll, too, want to enjoy again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heidel House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heidel House Resort And Spa
- Heidel House Hotel Green Lake
- Heidel Resort Green Lake
- Heidel Hotel Green Lake
- Heidel House Green Lake