Heidel House Resort & Spa
$95
$92
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges(Ripon)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
Dartford Inn(Green Lake)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgrey rocksun roomboat houseboathouse pubmain buildingbeautiful lakea lake view roomoutdoor poolcheese curdswedding weekendlac verdefire pitsunroomoktoberfestlakeviewboatingwisconsin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Although it's not that close to Chicago, this was worth the drive. As you drive through the small towns to get there, you almost feel like you are going back in time - to a much simpler time - which was ver y calming and relaxing. The rooms are nothing spectacular, but the views of the lake and the solitude of the area more than make up for that. We wer there for a wedding and we spent most of our time at the Carriage House where the wedding and reception was. This is an area with beautiful tall trees and tons of greenery. I also enjoyed laying in the sun by the pool overlooking the lake. This place is not the most up to date, but they have remodled certain areas of the resort and it still has a current feel to it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at the Heidel House for a family outing. Unfortunately the weekend we choose had been preceeded by large amounts of rainfall and the lake was flooded and had a no wake ordinance. That meant that we could not swim in Green Lake, use the beach, go on the Escapade boat tour, or use the pontoon boat that we had rented for fishing. So instead the kids used the indoor and outdoor pools and the adults enjoyed the scenery and fished from the pier.

Downtown Green Lake was holding their annual Summer Solstice festival the weekend of our visit, so we were able to drive to town for lunch and observe the festival. We also tried to visit a local clydesdale farm, but they had a sign stating the clydesdales were at a show and the farm was closed, which was a dissappointment for the kids.

Our rooms were located in the Lac Verde building and one of them had a small balcony which looked out onto the lake. The Lac Verde parking lot seemed small, but there were other lots available (which would have meant a further walk to the room).

We tried the buffet dinner at the Boat House Pub on two different nights and were very pleased. We also ate the buffet breakfast in the Sunroom. Both restaurants are located in the main building of the resort and we could walk from our rooms to the restaurants via an indoor hallway. We did not try the ice cream parlor (Pump House) or steakhouse (Grey Rock), which are separate buildings on the property.

There is a spa associated with the hotel (Evensong), but it is across the street (I expected it to be on the same property as the resort) and we did not have the chance to use their services.

The price of this resort is a little higher than I am comfortable paying, but it was nice family weekend and if I could find a decent package rate I would return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2009

This place was nice - the room we had was a lakeside room in the Lac Verde building and it was nice & big. Had two beds & a "living room" area separated by a 3/4 wall. Nice big LCD TV, very large tub, coffeemaker, wetbar/fridge but no microwave. That would have been nice. The grounds are pretty and would be even prettier if it were summer with all the flowers in bloom, the outdoor pool open & the docks in. The indoor pool area was nice and also had two hot tubs. No issues with staff that some others have complained about. I would stay here again but I'd like to try it in the summer. We didn't try the restaurants on site as they were pretty pricey and we have three kids to feed as well! We did have a banquet there that night and the food was good.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I travel to Green Lake for business twice a year.

This was my first AND last stay with Heidel House.

They are either unable or unwilling to provide a quiet and peaceful place to stay.

There were people running and yelling in the hallway until 3 a.m. I repeatedly asked the front desk to quiet them. I reported this to the front desk the next morning and was told that all those people were checking out.

The same thing happend the next night. I reported the noise to the front desk. They sent security each time. Finally at 3 a.m. security recommended I request another room.

No amount of evensong spa can replace a good night's sleep.

Too bad the management of the Heidel House doesn't care about the customer. My colleagues would have booked several rooms during our next meeting.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank wintetraveler
Reviewed March 26, 2009

heidel house is a very serene and picturesque place to relax. We stayed in a lakeview room which faces Green lake. The only downside is the reception of the desk staff on our check in. I purposely stopped by on several occasions to ask general questions, directions etc. just to see if was just a personal misconception. As an African American , you definately do not want to feel like you are just being tolerated.unfortunately that is what was conveyed. We dined in the sunroom and the food was definately five star. The bartender and waitress were extremely cordial and made up for the tolerant reception we recieved frm the frt desk, we will definately visit again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple