Heidel House Resort & Spa
$95
$92
Comfort Suites at Royal Ridges(Ripon)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
Dartford Inn(Green Lake)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgrey rocksun roomboat houseboathouse pubmain buildingbeautiful lakea lake view roomoutdoor poolcheese curdswedding weekendlac verdefire pitsunroomoktoberfestlakeviewboatingwisconsin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this resort for one night. We were there for a wedding which was held at the resort. Although our stay was short and it mostly included the wedding festivities, I would like to go back to this resort. The property was beautiful and the outdoor pools looked fabulous. There was even a pool-side bar. The room wasn't anything special to speak of, but I did like the extra vanity and sink outside the bathroom, and the room overall was clean and in good condition. The hotel lobby was very nice and the staff very friendly. I would recommend the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. I believe it was $7.95 (great price) and included scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, breakfast meats, yogurt, cereals, caramel french toast, pancakes, sweet rolls, muffins and Wisconsin Kringle!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelebogile
Reviewed June 25, 2008

The grounds and location are beautiful. However they charge resort prices when the rooms, furniture, linens etc. are on par with a mid to lower market chain hotel. On top of that they don't even provide for free amenities that most mid market chain hotels provide. They don't provide bathrobes, they charge for newspapers, they charge for local calls, they charge for use of the computers in the room off the lobby. They have a game room but charge you for ping pong and fooze ball. They advertised a kids club from Memorial Day until Labor Day but still had not started it as of the last week of June. The lake was closed due to recent flooding. While the lack of boating activities was not their fault, there was no explanation of what was going on. I never say anyone in management or at the front desk who appeared over the age of 25. While this in of itself is not a problem the overall impression is that of a nice property passed its prime managed by afar and staffed with college students or recent college graduates. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed in the main lodge at the Heidel House over Mother's Day weekend with my son and my sister-in-law and her son. When I first got there, I realized my son had forgotten to pack his pants after trying them on to see if they fit, so Olivia at the front desk directed us to a KMart in Ripon. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area, which was clean and had nice towels, which we turned in but forgot to sign back in, so hopefully we won't have a problem with that. We went to see Al Stewart perform at the Thrasher Opera House (great show, intimate venue). Afterward the boys were starving but there was nothing open in town but a bar that served frozen pizzas there (no delivery), but Olivia called Pizza Hut in Ripon and managed to get them something to eat. The next morning we had an enjoyable ride on their little yacht around the lake before brunch. The brunch was very good, food was better than I expected, and service wasn't bad for such a huge crowd (the boat house banquet hall was constantly full). I would definitely go back, and wish we'd had another night.
Low point-rooms on the warm side and the a/c very loud. I opened a window instead. DH thought the bed could have been more comfortable, but I didn't notice.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the heidel house for a wedding. Our room was in the "guest house". The room was fine - clean and spacious. There were two double beds with worn sheets and mattresses. It definitely could have used some updating, but it was fine. The property of the hotel is beautiful. There is a nice little beach by the lake and a small pool area. The main building has been recently renovated. In addition to the pool and lake, the hotel has water toys (jet skis, paddle boat), tennis courts, a children's playground, game room, ice cream parlor, and two restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed at the Heidel House for 2 nights in April. We got slightly lower rates, but were still able to golf since the weather was OK. We stayed in an older wing of the hotel, and the rooms were just OK, nothing great at all. There was a roof leak in the hallway, and when it rained during the night, the carpet was wet in the hallway outside our room.
The indoor pool and hot tub were very good and large enough for lots of guests. The Sunday brunch was outstanding. It was expensive, but the best one I've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple