“Quality and great priced, "Bar" atmosphere, nice people!”
Review of The Settlement

The Settlement
Ranked #78 of 490 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We were looking for dinner after a day in Door County with our 2nd and 4th grade boys.
This was easy to find.
It isn't very large and is in an older building. There was a lot of Packer items on the walls and such.
- The staff was VERY helpful. I asked about the "fish sandwich" (it is called something else) and she sold me on it when she said it was a whole fillet that is hand breaded. My wife and boys had burgers and I LOVED my fillet sandwich.
- The menu is very limited. However, I wish we had come on Friday nights as they have a whole bunch of fish options available on Fridays! The cheese curds were yellow cheese and had more flavor than the white-cheese ones we had at another place the day before.
- We got there a little early, but the bar quickly filled up. However, table seating was still plenty.
- Don't expect a fancy place. Seems to be a local favorite.

Our dinner was cheaper than from a fast-food spot!

3  Thank A_Real_Family_Man

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've ate at The Settlement numerous times and have never been disappointed. The portions are VERY generous. The food is always hot and service is quick. One of the times I was happy to have Chuck (the owner) serve me and he is a very personable and pleasant man to deal with.

2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stopped in from out of town with a large group. The service was wonderful! The owner was so friendly and kind. Food was great especially for the price. Large quantities too.

1  Thank 262emilyl
Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the best fish frys my wife and I have ever had, and I have tried quite a few... We have been there several times and have never been disappointed by the food or the quantities. Small place (Bar with small dining room in back), can get very busy for a Friday Fish Fry especially during Lent. Be sure to ask bartender for number right away when you make your drink order so they know you are ready to order. Even though it is small they usually serve you pretty fast... Overall great perch and haddock, good cheap drinks, and great portions.

1  Thank chad k
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We are from out of town and stopped here after reading the great reviews. We walked in around 8pm on a Friday night. The bar was busy, however, the dining area was not. The bartenders ignored us as they chatted with their "regular" customers. I finally was able to get their attention after frequent attempts to get service. I know at least one bartender noticed us but ignored us. We were seated shortly after this and tried the cod. The portions were very generous but there was nothing special about it. We never saw the waitress the rest of the meal. We left the cash on the table and left. Will not be returning.... very disappointed.

4  Thank erniep10