“Great meal, Service was Average”
Review of 1951 West

1951 West
Ranked #14 of 486 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 1951 West is an all new contemporary dining experience with a menu that offers a tantalizing glimpse at American Cuisine. 1951 West offers a completely smoke free experience, whether in our spacious bar area enjoying a wide array of spirits, or in our dining room. We can accommodate any size group from a party of two, to a group of forty. 1951 West features two private dining rooms, our Napa Room that can seat nine or our Sterling room that can seat forty. No matter what your need 1951 West is your place. Come and experience our 1951 West Lounge and dine at one of the finest restaraunts in Green Bay!
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We ate at 1951 West after checking the menu while staying at hte Comfort Suites, where it is located. They have good options and reasonable prices. We were seated quickly, and then waited 10 minutes for a waitress, who was extremely busy but so were the others and another table that was seated when we were got their food before we ordered. That being said, we had the filet and prime rib special and both were very well prepared and tasty. I would give it another shot because the food was good and the price reasonable. I'm hoping we just had a blip in the service aspect.

CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at 1951 West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

garpts,

Thank you for dining with us and thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant for the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear your food was good and the overall value of your dinner will bring you back. I am sorry to hear about your service issue and your feedback will allow us to bring better delivery to our guests.

Thanks.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I thought there might be a problem when I arrived and saw wall to wall people waiting despite having reservations. Apparently they had a screw up and wanted me to wait over 45 minutes despite having made a reservation. I preferred to leave. I went to Rivers Bend and had a very nice dinner with my party instead.

willcccc,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us for our Thanksgiving brunch. I apologize for any inconvenience that we caused when we could not find your reservation and wish we would have accommodated you sooner so you did not go elsewhere. I hope you choose to dine with us in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a great restaurant. The food is always great, they have a very good variety and the reception and service have always been excellent. We always try different things and they all are perfectly prepared. I love their seared ahi tuna. It is like having a sushi meal but with some great extras like the very good flavor rice (no Japanese).

CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at 1951 West, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Azteco111,

Thank you for dining with us and thank you for your positive comments about your experiences at 1951 West. It is great to hear that you received a warm reception upon arrival and your seared ahi tuna was excellent. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Green Bay!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a treat to have the hotel dining room be so outstanding. Get in from a long day of business, and then not have to go out to find a restaurant.

SteveH,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our restaurant! We look forward to your next visit to 1951 West. Next time try us on a Tuesday for our Tuesday night Pasta Bar!!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

After eating here twice in the last two months I feel compelled to write a review. Food was Ok, although the "cooks" shoud pay more attention to food quality than presentation. Who would want a dumpling covered with creamy chipotle sauce over a bacon wrapped under cooked tenderloin? The hostess tonight acted like she really did not want to be there and should not be put in the front of the house! In both visits the server was asked questions and the answer was "I really don't know". Servers in both visits were polite but not very accommodating as they did not bother to even check to answer any pertinent questions. Very nice atmosphere!

CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at 1951 West, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Billyarty,

Thank you for dining with us and thank you for your feedback on your experience. Our chef tries to surpass guest expectations on both food quality and presentation on every plate and it sounds like in this case that did not happen. Your comment on the service you received allows us to work to ensure future guests are properly welcomed and get there questions answered appropriately. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and I hope you dine with us again in the future!

Director of Sales

Been to 1951 West? Share your experiences!