“Our Backyard Anniversary Getaway!”
Review of Astor House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Bay
Astor House
Ranked #1 of 2 Green Bay B&B and Inns
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Our Backyard Anniversary Getaway!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I am 23 years old, my wife is 22 years old. We would never have dreamed of a bed and breakfast being such a wonderful experience. Our 1 year wedding anniversary stay at Astor house shattered my expectations of what a bed and breakfast entails. Greg and Barbara treated us like royalty--an experience I've never received at a hotel. We stayed in the London room. The whirlpool tub was the perfect size for 2, the california king bed was very comfortable, and the fireplace kept us toasty warm in the winter cold. We were given all the privacy we could have asked for--breakfast was delivered to our door in the mornings, and oh my it was delicious! There was no communal bathroom, and the one is our room was private and well kept. The house was beautiful, the location safe and very close to anything we could have wanted in Green Bay. Greg provided us with attraction ideas and was a very kind host. The price was perfect for the experience we received! If you are looking for a get-away from near or far I would strongly recommend Astor House. My experience there changed my perception on what quality lodging customer service should be. Thank you Greg and Barbara for a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,
Chris and Laura B.

Room Tip: The London Room is perfect for 2. It is not frilly, gaudy, or overdone. It is a very comfortable low...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Our group of 4 arrived the evening of Jan 13th. A late arrival accommodated by our kind hosts. It was our first trip to GB and only only the first or second B&B experience for most of us. Our two rooms were large, clean and well appointed. We were welcomed with chocolates (yum). Each mornings breakfast was different & fresh. Two mornings we had breakfast brought to the room (nice touch) and it came in the cutest basket. I will be writing our hosts, Greg & Barbara, for the broccoli strata recipe. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our brief interactions with the owners as we came and went over the course of the weekend. We will be staying here again on future Packer football trips. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I spent five days in March at the Astor House and found it to be one of my best accommodation experiences ever. The historic house is lovely and decorated with attention and care. This was my first trip to Green Bay (and to Wisconsin) and I could not have asked for a better experience. Greg is kind, helpful and very respectful of his guests. He provided me with tips and directions to get around town and really good restaurant choices. Mario's was my very favorite!

I stayed in the London room and loved its coziness and warmth. I found myself looking forward to "coming home" each evening.

During the week of my stay, there was a snowstorm that dumped 18 inches of snow in Green Bay. When I foolishly started to go out and walk around in it, Barbara came running out to give me a hat, warm gloves and her snow boots. I was so very touched by this gesture of care and hospitality. I am an experienced traveler and have never encountered this generosity of spirit and kindness.
Thank you so much for all of it, Greg and Barbara. If I return to Green Bay, I will look forward to more of your hospitality. You are the consummate hosts.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We recently stayed two nights in the London room at the Astor House. What a lovely room, comfortable bed and gracious hosts. We thoroughly enjoyed are stay and will no doubt be back. The house is clean, peaceful and well appointed. The location is almost perfect in the beautiful historic Astor park neighborhood. It is just minutes away from almost all Green Bay has to offer but without the noise and traffic. Well done!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Houghton, Michigan
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We don't normally stay in B&B's but we were quite happy we chose Astor House over the chain hotels of Green Bay. Our multi-level room (the Vienna Balconies) was clean, warm and private. We were barely aware of other guests in the house, and the proprietors struck the perfect balance between helpful, friendly and unobtrusive. Situated at the north end of the Astor Historic District, we enjoyed an evening stroll through the beautiful neighborhood. For this, Greg kindly loaned us a walking tour guide describing the diverse architectural styles of the original homes in the area. On a tip from a coffee house barista, we found dinner not too far away at Los Banderos and it was fabulous.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed in the Hong Kong room at Astor Place. VERY spacious room, even had a jacuzzi tub and a fire place. The fire place made the room a little too toasty, but it was a nice change from the freezing cold. The breakfasts in the AM were good & parking was provided onsite.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2009

What a surprise to find a city inn with such simple charm. Nothing fancy, but very special, unique, delightful, and the perfect place to rest on a relaxing trip. Great innkeeping of a beautiful old home (at a great cost), tasty breakfast, luscious bedding, and a great jacuzzi. Good recommendation for a great restaurant. Have told all of my friends, and hope to stay again. S. Orange

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo