“Good food good fun”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2016

My husband and I were taken here by dear friends, as our last night in the states.
It was unusual and different experience, the food was excellent and plenty of what you wanted.
My first time with hibachi loved it ! When we visit again we will go back for more!

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

We had reservations to celebrate a friend's daughters birthday on a Saturday night at 6pm, group of 9. Drinks at the bar before hand were excellent, bartender was friendly, but it was all downhill from there. Our chef had only been cooking for a month, his food tasted good, but he didn't have any of the schtick or tricks people come expecting to see at a Hibachi restaurant. Couldn't even land a shrimp tail in his hat. Also took a very long time to cut up the food and cook it. I don't blame the chef for any of this, as he was very young and very new. It was clear that he still should have been training rather than cooking at his own table. Our issues with the chef were very minor in comparison with our waitress. Because the rookie chef was so slow, we sat at our table for nearly two hours and she only came by to check on us 3 or 4 times. We had to flag her down for water and to order drinks, and when she returned with them, seemed agitated that we had asked. Our dirty dishes and glasses piled up around us for the entirety of the meal, to the point that one guy in the group joked, maybe if I knock them off the table, she'll pick them up. Towards the end of the meal, my wife had been wanting another glass of water for about 20 minutes, and ended up flagging down the other waitress and asking her. The other waitress came back with our waters and was apologetic for our wait. At this point we were done eating, the cooktop was clean, and we sat around for another 15 minutes or so before our waitress came back and took our dessert order. By that point it was pretty clear to anyone who had been paying any sort of attention to our table that we had gotten poor service. I cannot imagine why it was so bad, as there were only 4-5 tables seated at once and two waitresses to manage them. What bothered me the most is that at no point did our waitress seem the least bit apologetic about the service we received, if she had even noticed at all. To top it off, there was an 18% gratuity already added to our bill, which she never mentioned to us. So on top of being forced to tip 18% for terrible service, out whole group would have tipped extra on top of that if I hadn't read the bill carefully! Never again will I set foot in this place. At best, it's understaffed and poorly managed. At worst, it's a bunch of lazy employees ripping people off.

1  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed December 29, 2014

This was my partner's first experience with hibachi style dining, and this is the third restaurant of this style that I have been to. His rating is 4 stars, and mine is 3.5 stars. I ordered steak and fish, and he just ordered fish. For me, the best part was the steak. It was cooked perfectly; it had a wonderful texture and flavor. I was a little disappointed by the salmon. It was pretty good, but I had expected more flavor than just soy sauce and butter (maybe a little teriyaki?). We found a good coupon on their website that helped with price, but it is definitely at the "special occasion" price point for us. We went shortly after they opened for the day and it was already very busy. Still the hostess was very accommodating and we did not wait as long as she initially guessed. The restaurant is very small but cozy. After the meal, everyone else seated around the same grill as us left immediately, and since there was a crowd waiting in the bar area, I felt pressured to get up and leave right away. I went home with a lot of leftovers, all of which got eaten up.

Reviewed November 12, 2014

I guess maybe I don't like Japanese hibachi, but I didn't like the food at all. The service was ok. I ordered two sushi rolls (I love and eat sushi all the time) that were not good either. Everything was extremely overpriced in terms of the quality, taste, service, everything! Overall - not good. The only thing that was good is our kids loved the hibachi show right in front of them.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Great quality food with good selection. Well trained staff, but the limited size of the restaurant make it difficult for large group service. Proper planning, as with any busy restaurant, is advised. Also, every Japanese style steakhouse I've been to, you should plan for a longer than average dinner.

Well worth the trip, will be back.