“Surprise of Green Bay”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Found this near our hotel, Ramada Plaza, and though we would try something different. Was very surprised to find the room almost empty on a week night. Food was tasty, reasonably price, restaurant was clean and staff were attentive and friendly.

1  Thank dgtripPhoenix_AZ

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have gone to Taste of India several times, but no more. In the past, the food itself was pretty good and the prices were fair, but the service was always slow and disappointing. We never got the feeling that they really cared whether we had come in or not.
Last night we went there with visiting relatives, hoping to offer them a nice experience. First off, when I asked about selections that are on their website (the website with a thousand typos), the waiter just said "We don't have that anymore." On the website, it was $14.99 per person. Now, the closest thing to it is only available at $41 for two. No apologies or anything, just "We don't have that." The food we ended up getting didn't seem near as tasty as in the past, and as a bonus, they served two of us after about 25 minutes, then the other two in our party werent served until about 7 minutes later.
The place has been almost empty every time we've gone there. Last night, there were only two peole in addition to us four. It'll be a little more empty, as we'renot going back.
By the way, somebody tell them that "crystal" lighting fixtures are meant to be cleaned at least every few years or so.

2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Taste of India serves fairly priced, good but not fantastic, Indian Classics.
The restaurant and décor are simple; white interior walls accented with red silk banners and gold chandeliers in a surprisingly large space. The night I dined, I was staying at one of the nearby hotels, so the location was great and I decided to give it a shot.
The coconut soup was a great start to the meal. Taste of India makes it just the way I like. Hot broth, sweet in taste, light in texture and most important: have lots of tasty shredded coconut at the bottom. The dumplings were OK nothing special. (I am just happy to be eating Indian dumplings in Green Bay WI so I’ll stop complaining). The Lamb Curry was hearty and had a nice taste. It missed the mark on a few things; I asked for the curry to be “hot” and it seemed quite mild, it also could have used a little more lamb in the generous portion of red curry. The homemade Pistachio Ice Cream was a decent final course but it was a bit bland.
Good Indian Food is hard to find in northern Wisconsin, I am glad Taste of India is around. I will be back. The classic Indian fair does not disappoint, with a few touches to the food and atmosphere this place could become a real jem.

2  Thank Ross M
Reviewed April 20, 2012

granted we walked in 10 minutes before they stopped serving, but denying repeating customers was not cool. haven't been back since and stopped telling everyone to try it

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've never had Indian food before, so I can't vouch for its authenticity, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here.

1  Thank gdborley