“Quality over quantity. Beautiful atmosphere !”
Review of Big Tomatoes - CLOSED

Big Tomatoes
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Quality over quantity. Beautiful atmosphere !”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Beautifully presented, tasty food. A very pleasant experience.

Visited March 2011

bonduel
“Great surprise”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect here. Great wine! Loved the pasta and we had a great birthday party here for a friend. I'd recommend.

Mackinac Island, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Some girlfriends and I went to Big Tomatoes for dinner and drinks. We had made a reservation and we were running about fifteen minutes late. We called to inform the hostess and she was very understanding and simply changed our reservation time. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The place is so cute and very clean. Our waitress was very friendly and very attentive. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer and it was delicious. We were all very impressed with our entree selections. Everything was delicious and very flavorful. I would recommend this place to anyone. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jenny5169
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Big Tomatoes for catering too!”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I have recently secured Big Tomatoes for my daughters wedding in January 2011. We have met twice with Chef Larry who is wonderful! He knows how to prepare and serve delicious AND fresh food with an excellent wine selection. The taste-testing of a variety of entree's was fun and the food was simply amazing!! I couldn't be happier with our choice!

Wisconsin
“Will not return.”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My husband are on a mission to try a new restaurant each week and this was our restaurant this week (3-4-10). My husband is more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy so to be fair this is not his kind of thing to begin with... I'm more of the adventurous type. ANYWAY, we walked in and it was a cute place, I liked the atmosphere a lot. Our waiter was very nice and very sarcastic funny which I loved. My husband ordered the Beef Fettuccine and I had a big ole Ribeye that was on special. The food came fast and looked really good. The steak was very large... the flavor was good, but nothing special. My husband was kinda making a face about his, he said it had an odd flavor. I tried it and agreed. If I had ordered his I wouldn't have been able to finish it... just didn't like the way it tasted at all. Our bill came to $50.00, I had my steak and a glass of wine and he had his and a soda. Neither one of us was that impressed with the food and even a funny server won't make us come back if the food isn't worth the price.
We won't be back, it wasn't awful, but there are so many restaurants out there that we have left really enjoying.

1 Thank loves2travel24