“Simply "AMAZING"”
Review of The Wellington - CLOSED

The Wellington
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great place to dine for any occasion. Food and menu is great with a great variety of taste for everyone to enjoy. The service is above any other restaurant I have been to!!!! An excellent wait staff...thx to Katy. You rock!

There are newer reviews for The Wellington

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Has to be the best steak in Green Bay! From the front door to the table excellence, care and attention to detail. The chef made a great impression with his presentations dessert was added treat! I'll be back!

1  Thank Allen G
Reviewed July 19, 2014

First time at this restaurant; delicious food, ample portions and wonderful wait staff,
Glad I made the trip to this hidden treasure.

1  Thank Heimy2001
Reviewed July 17, 2014

A group of 7 coworkers went to dinner, extension of a day of corporate meetings. Drinks in the bar was fine, personable bartender and good drinks. Dinner was another story. Super slow service even though there were only two other tables of diners. The steaks were poor quality masked with too much seasonings. Tired decor. It basically hasn't changed in the 20 years we have lived in Green Bay except in the extreme low numbers of patrons. I've never understood why this nice classic restaurant in a great location can't figure out how to become a premier hot spot.

Cole D, Manager at The Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Hi Diane,

Im sorry to hear about your recent experience here. I wish you would have brought it to your servers attention so I could have made sure i made it around to your table as I usually go out and talk with each and every one of my tables but sometimes I miss one here or there. We only buy the best of quality Certified Angus Beef. I do however appreciate your feedback, because if we don't know, then we can't fix it, and our customers are a crucial key aspect to make sure we get the feedback we need to improve! Could you please email me at cole.ductan@wellingtonsteakhouse.com or call me at 651-308-8894 so we can talk about your experience more in-depth, I would greatly appreciate that!

Thanks again,

Cole Ductan
Executive Chef

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We selected the Wellington to celebrate our 27th Anniversary. We had gotten engaged there several years ago! How pleased we were to encounter excellent top shelf service, an order of bruschetea, with three various compotes, tomato, olive, and glazed spiced fruit and champagne, a wonderful Beef Wellington, which was a select cut of filet baked in a flaky pastry, served over garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had a New York Strip ordered and served blue with sizzled kale on top, with asparagus and fries. The menu was varied, the waitress sensitive to not interrupt unnecessarily, and service detailed. The chef self introduced and and was genuinely interested in how we found the meal. All in all a wonderful experience.

1  Thank sunshinewoman429