“Fantastic is not a good enough description”
Review of The Wellington - CLOSED

The Wellington
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sturgeon Bay
“Fantastic is not a good enough description”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

First time there and as soon as I walked in the building, I knew it would be a great restaurant.
From the wine, to the appetizer, to the soup, to the dessert, it was delicious! Amy, our server was very personable and helpful with selections.The manager, Mary was very welcoming especially as right now during road construction, she gave perfect directions. You've got to make the detour, it's worth it!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Victoria B

Appleton, Wisconsin
“LOVE this place! Try it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been a customer of Wellington for several years. All of the staff is phenomenal and helpful. I love that the chef gets out of the kitchen and interacts with the restraint guest to personally check on the experience and the food. I have and will continue to go to this restaurant! The food is amazing. I have a group of friends that my fiancé and I go out to eat with not one person has ever had anything negative to say or left unsatisfied with the experience.
I have also had the privilege in working at the Wellington when I first moved to the area. I did not have a job and I went into the Wellington since it was close to home. I have management experience and worked in a high end banquet facility as the Catering Manager previous. I have over 15 years in this industry. This time, I only wanted to serve and bartend to get extra money for my family. Mary hired me and helped me out anyway that she could. She worked around my hectic family. I have never worked for more kind hearted people that would do anything for anyone. I have never seen anything in this restaurant like the accusations that Hellen is making. I no longer work there but feel the need to say what my thoughts were when I saw this.
Anyone with any food and beverage experience should know this is not practical. First of all, being a former employee you are hearing this directly from me and not hear say so there is no way for this to get exaggerated or twisted. If all of this was true this place would not be in business. This company has been open a really long time and the Health Inspectors do check in on restaurants and would not tolerate this in any restaurant. Not to mention if there was black mold in the kitchen what employee would work for a company as this would be an unsafe working environment. Dish pits get dirty during working hours as dishes are constantly ran through during hours of operation. There are closing duties that include a deep cleaning of the kitchen including the dish pit at the end of the night. Anyone who has ever worked in a bar is aware there are going to be fruit flies. It is the nature of the environment. I do not doubt there were a few of these seen and this is not uncommon no matter what bar you are in. But let’s use some common sense for a second. Taking in consideration the size of the fruit flies and the size of the holes on any strainer, it is impossible to strain out the fruit flies as they would go through the holes with the alcohol. Anyone would just toss it. I know when I decided to leave working for the Wellington it was a sad time. I just had to spend more time with my family. Mary and Jack told me if I ever needed anything to let them know. They are great people and would never run a business as stated by Hellen. I do know as they are particular in their restaurant making sure things are in order, they do the same with their staff. They do not let anyone continue working for them if it is not a good fit. In addition when I left I did have to wait some time to get paid as payroll is done for all employees at the same time. I am sure Hellen, your friend will get paid it is illegal not to pay someone. All I can say to anyone who is reading that post think about everything I said. The truth always comes out in the end. Read all the below comments from other customers experiences. That in itself speaks for itself. This is a great place with excellent service!

• Visited February 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Try it”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great food,good drinks. High dinning at mid level prices. Very nice atmosphere. Will be on our restaurant rotation.

• Visited March 2014
Berkeley, CA
“Best restaurant in Green Bay”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Food was perfect, service was attentive and setting was restful and very pleasant. My scallops were succulent and prepared to perfection.

Ladysmith, WI
“Another EXCELLENT evening!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We were once again fortunate enough to dine at this fabulous restaurant! We were warmly greeted by the owners (hostess and bartender) who immediately set a very relaxed atmosphere for our evening. Corynne was our server. She actually remembered what I had ordered on my last visit - two months ago! We sat in the bar prior to being seated, and she frequently checked in with us, but we never felt rushed. Our meals (two fillet mignon and two seared scallops) were outstanding in every respect. Corynne very thoughtfully boxed our leftovers at tableside. Cole, the new chef, greeted us after our meal to ensure that we were completely satisfied. We were well beyond satisfied, and can't wait to return!!!