“scrumptious entrees”
Review of The Wellington - CLOSED

The Wellington
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

They serve very tasty food, but all of the offerings are a bit on the pricey side. The atmosphere is very self-conscious and stuffy, as well. It is the sort of place that you go to celebrate a new job, a promotion, or a professional coup, especially if the meal is on an expense account or if one is the guest of a wealthy host...

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful evening with 35 family members and friends on August 18, 2012. Sara, the event planner, did an amazing job coordinating our party. The private room was lovely and the appetizers were hand passed and served beautifully. The bacon wrapped scallops were especially delicious! Our guests enjoyed salmon, steak and pork. The sauces complimented the entrees perfectly without over powering. The evening flowed perfectly from beginning to end because of the highly organized staff at the Wellington. When I realized that I had left 2 guests off the list, Sara quickly and graciously remedied the situation. The entire staff at the Wellington made our 40th anniversary dinner a night to remember!

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere is classc supper club decor,lots of wood with bookshelves containing old books. Food was fantastic, had the best appetizer I have ever eaten. Seared scallops with lemon artichoke Risotto
18 ounce ribeye was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. Fingerling potatoes were a delicious side. Service was timely and professional. On the expensive side but considering the quality of the dinner, well worth it. This restaurant should be rated higher. I would eat here again.

1  Thank Jamespas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Yesterday was my wife's birthday. I asked around Green Bay and was told to Check out The Wellington.
We had a 10 out of 10 experience. Surf and Turf AT $26.99 was perfect. Great lobster and great steak. Attentive service.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I frequently buy groupons to restaurants we want to try out for the first time. Being relatively new to the area we saw one for "The Wellington", which we had never been to or heard of before. We arrived on a Tuesday evening about 6:30p and there were only 3 other couples there. We had an early 50's waitress, whom we were later told by the owner was her best and been there from the beginning.
We were asked what we wanted to drink and my wife and i both ordered a beer. She recommended we look at the bottle selections of wine, but I kindly said we'll stick with the beer. Here's where it got interesting. After she returned with our drinks, I presented the groupon to give her the heads up on our bill so we didn't drop it on her last minute. She looked at it and rolled her eyes in disapproval. Just to clarify, she actually rolled her eyes in front of my wife and I.
She took the coupon and asked what we wanted for entrees. We love trying different appetizers, and it just so happened we were already at another restaurant earlier eating apps, so we weren't very hungry. I said we're just going to order a few appetizers. She got frustrated and said, you can't just order appetizers with a coupon. I said excuse me. She said, let me go check with the owner.
Now, granted there were only 3 other couples there, but it wasn't like she was whispering this conversation. She was obviously irritated because she thought she wouldn't be getting a big enough tip now and began making a fuss. She came back a few minutes later and said, "well I guess you can JUST order appetizers, but NOBODY usually does that." I said, excuse me, we're not being cheap, we're just not very hungry. I was shocked that she insulted and disrespected my wife and I.
We finished our appetizers and beers and got the bill and took it to the front. I looked at it and there was a 20% gratuity added. No where in the fine print on the groupon did it say 20% gratuity will be added. Now I have no problem tipping 20-25% for great service. But for a server to disrespect my wife and I, I could not stomach. So upon payment, I brought this to the attention of the owner. It was a slow night and she was there doing paperwork. I thought to myself, good, my lucky night, I'll actually be able to give constructive feedback to the owner to ensure they don't have a repeat issue like this and hurt future business.
Upon telling the owner our problem with the server. She said, I'm truly shocked. She is one of my best servers and has been here since the beginning. I said, well my wife and I feel very disrespected. She apologized for her. And I said, thank you. Then I brought up the 20% gratuity. The owner stated "we want you people to come in. We add the 20% gratuity to ensure our servers get tipped." My jaw just about bounced off the floor. To clarify, this was not a racial issue. She was Caucasian, and so are my wife and I. We are in our younger 30's, my wife was wearing a dress and I was wearing a tailore suit coat. I'm not sure what part of our attire made her feel as though we wouldn't be tipping. So I had to ask, what is you people supposed to mean? She said, I didn't mean that, it's just that we've had other groupon customers not leave tips and we want to ensure our servers get tipped. I said, just for your reference, I make 6 figures, I'm not sure what your income requirement to eat here is, but I can assure you, we or any of our other young professional friends won't be coming here. She frantically apologized and offered us a free bottle of wine for our next dinner. I looked at the coupon and it said "free bottle with a $50 dinner purchase". I gave it back and said good bye.

10  Thank schwags13