“I am really glad we found this place, great food, worth the search.”
Review of Z Harvest Cafe

Z Harvest Cafe
Ranked #119 of 486 Restaurants in Green Bay
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were looking for a good place for lunch and found Z Harvest on a quick search of he internet. The location is out of the way and there is no way we would have just run across this place and stopped in. It is in a small strip mall with only a small sign near the road. I am really glad we found it though.
The soup came to the table very quickly along with some really good bread sticks. The coffee was very good, but they kept running out and I only managed to get one cup.
I ordered the Cuban sandwich and my wife ordered the Insalata All Zimman. When my wife asked for a different dressing she was gently steered away from the raspberry vinaigrette, the the waiter said that it would not be good on the salad. When she asked for the dressing on the side, she was told that the salad would be much better if they put the dressing on, but she won and the dressing came on the side. I tried the dressing and it was wonderful, but my wife likes it light, so she only tried a bit. The rest I ate with the fresh bread sticks.
The Cuban sandwich I ordered was the best I ever had. The grilled smoked pork was incredible. The light toasted bread that the sandwich came on was a bit crumbly and I ended up eating it with a knife and fork, so I would not miss a crumb.
The only low point was after we finished we waited for quite a while to get the bill and then waited even longer to pay the bill. But even with that I would definitely return to try some more of this wonderful and fresh food.

4  Thank Tom H

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Smokey Z was what I missed about the old Zimani's and this just like the original. Great specialty grilled turkey sandwich.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have never had a bad meal. Always excellent, we drive 40minutes to eat here, always worth the drive!

1  Thank Lovesfood8
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our meal began with one of their signature salmon quesadillas and mango cilantro margaritas suggested by the waiter. Like every dish we had, the margarita was very flavorful but not heavy. The cilantro was there just enough to make the drink interesting but not overpowering the mango, which was also delicate. The quesadilla had so many flavors and my dinner salad with grilled shrimp was the same. Lots of varied ingredients but beautifully balanced. The shrimp were cooked perfectly and the vegetables were very fresh. We shared a chocolate lava cake but it wasn't just a chocolate lava cake. It was a beautiful composition of the cake, sauces and thinly sliced pears and ice cream. Again, creatively presented. The restaurant is in a little strip mall and would be so easy to skip over but it is definitely a special restaurant worth seeking out.

1  Thank wrighax
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you are searching for a romantic spot, a restaurant to take that special person in your life that communicates you love them enough to go out of your way to find and take them to a extraordinary, memorable, wonderful dinner this is the place.

Z harvest café is a restaurant in the north east corner of Green Bay south of highway 43 and east of highway 54/57. They offer a full service bar as well as a selection of specialty drinks and wines.

This restaurant is tucked away, not visible from University Ave. It’s easy to drive past this wonderful little restaurant and never see it. Where University Drive splits from hwy 54/57 there is a triangle formed by the interchange of University, hwy 54/57 and an access road. Off of this access road is a small strip mall called University Courtyard. Z harvest café is in this row of retail stores.

All I can say is if you make the effort to find it you will be rewarded by a real gem if a restaurant.

We dined at Z harvest café for the first time on July 31st for a late evening dinner. The waitress was friendly and explained the menu to us and gave us time to make our selection. She knew a lot. It turned out she is the owner’s daughter. With a smile on her face she made us feel welcomed.

The welcoming personal touch continued as the owners, a married couple, visited our table one at a time and asked how things were then answering our questions about the restaurant and its offerings. The father explained how he strives to offer fresh ingredients, never canned.
Fresh is accurate however I’d like to communicate the restaurants theme better. It seemed to me the cuisine is influenced by Italian and Mediterranean cooking styles.

Before our meal they served fresh bread sticks and presented a plate. The server then dispenses out of a decanter extra virgin olive oil then from a second decanter added “aceto balsamico” (balsamic vinegar) to the oil for bread dipping.

I ordered the seafood bisque and found it to be delicious. The waitress said it’s so popular some people come to the restaurant for this item alone and after tasting it I can understand why. If you like seafood I would recommend the seafood bisque soup. Our entrees came and they were fresh, flavorful and extraordinary.

From the eclectic decor to the friendly service to the fresh cuisine Z harvest café is an excellent hidden gem of a restaurant in Green Bay.

Did you find this review to be helpful? If so please click on the YES below. Thank you.

1  Thank TravelVlogger