“Great place to tour”

Captain's Walk Winery
Ranked #2 of 11 Food & Drink in Green Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A venue for vinifera, the Captain's Walk Winery offers premium grape wine tasting in a light-hearted manner. Partake in a laid back experience that usurps the snobbery out of wine while enjoying a unique tasting education. This pre-civil war house has been updated carefully to recapture 150 years of character. Plaster crown molding, the original fireplace and hardwood floors complement openings that offer viewing of the production room and cellars.
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is a must stop while in Green Bay. The wine is beyond compare. The staff friendly and know there wine and history

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I live in Milwaukee and I came to Green Bay to visit my best friend. I looked for things to do on my computer before I went so we would have something different to do. I discovered the Captain's Walk Winery and was thrilled! I just love wine and wine tasting and visiting different wineries. My friend wasn't even aware that there was a winery right in her own neighborhood! My friend and I and her husband visited the winery and I just loved everything about it! My friends aren't big on wine so I thought it was just awesome that they had so many questions about the wine making process and tasting and I also was thrilled that they enjoyed the wine as did I!!! I am planning another trip to Green Bay this May and I am definitely planning on a return visit to this wonderful winery! And, I intend to purchase more wine than I did last time! Wonderful experience and awesome wine! Jim was a great "tour guide", too!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2010

I stopped in early in the day and was treated to some very fine wines. It's especially nice to find a sparkling wine with such good flavor. The selection is good and the glass-floor view into the wine cellar is fun. The staff is very knowledgeable of their wines as well as offering some really great suggestions when asked about local restaurant choices. A great experience that can be done on a tight time budget.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

We've now visited Captain's Walk three times, each experience was exceptional and we will be returning again and again.. Our most recent experience was a "Winery Tour" of Door County/Eastern WI wineries, and Captain's Walk took the cake as the favorite for everyone with us... some reasons why...
-They are not in a hurry to get you in and out.. and actually stayed open a 1/2 hour later than posted without rushing us in the very least
-Their tasting staff introduced each wine , rather than the "what do you want to try" attitude we got from some of the other area/Door Cty wineries
-The wine is fantastic! True reds... no fruit juicy wines..
-The "winery" is an old house with a story all it's own (once actually owned by the President John Adams..)

Reviewed August 19, 2009

We were in Wisconsin to visit family and since we bypassed Door County on a failed attempt to see Sturgeon Bay because of bad weather, we found Captain's Walk Winery a very nice place to stop for wine and relaxation before going on the road again. The billboard advertisement on the road was helpful and when we found the place we were kindly greeted and I was taken care of in my choice of sampling wines. The wines were so delicious I did not have to dump any in the pitcher they offered if you do not like the taste. Very nice hospitality and affordable souvenirs easy to purchase as I took home a couple as a momento of visiting this awesome place. My regret is that I did not take a picture on the back parking of this small building. I would recommend this place as a stop along the way on the road. Many thanks to the staff there for making my visit enjoyable.