“Great Location but Dirty Room”

Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a room for a recent packer game...when we booked our room back in September for the December game against Atlanta we had to book a 2 night minimum for $300 a night plus tax. Since we wanted the ultimate packer experience we figured it would be worth the money to stay close to the stadium and not have to deal with parking. Check in was easy and quick, the only issue we had was the group that checked in before and after us didn't have reservations and were given rooms without the two night minimum.

Also the hotel doesn't have an elevator. Not a big deal normally but we had a lot of bags, beer, and snacks to carry to our room so it took multiple trips up and down the stairs.

The room was actually a lot bigger than we thought it was going to be. Unfortunately, the frig wasn't plugged in so it was room temperature. There was hair in the bathroom sink and there were used dental floss picks stuck to the bed between the bed and the night stand.

Breakfast was good. The location was awesome if you want a great packer game day experience.

The other draw back was after the game their was a band playing outside the hotel that was so loud the bass was shaking our hotel room.

We may stay at the Best western again or we may explore other options near the stadium. The location and breakfast were the best part of our stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments. They are useful and will be passed on to our housekeeping staff. As far as the music goes, that is all run by The D2 Sports Pub and the hotel has nothing to do with the bands they hire. It is very disturbing to other guests and staff that the music is loud and I will pass the information and your concerns to the bar manager. As far as the two night minimum, there are corporate accounts that have to pay the two nights but a lot of them don't come until game day but they are still charged. I hope you will visit us again on a non-Packer weekend and have time to enjoy the hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Okay...first off let me clarify that I work for a hotel, so I feel that after 12 years, I have a pretty good idea of what is within a hotels power and what isnt. Let that be the disclaimer for this review.

Check in was an easy process. The lobby was small but quaint. No major eye catcher but still pleasant. We were the only ones there at the moment, so we were helped right away by a very friendly front desk agent, who answered all my questions completely and efficienly while still maintaining a pleasant attitude. Sine it was slow they were capable of offering me the early check in I wanted, but we were prepared either way. They were also in a position to honor my special request of changing my room type (all i could book with the discount I used was two queens, but I requested a king). We were directed to our room, second floor atrium area, and entered.

Room was exactly as pictures on website made it out to be. No surprises. It is spacious and comfortable. Heater worked well. Microwave and fridge (not plugged in). Room is comfy and very well maintained, but outdated. Very early to mid 90's decore in both the woodwork and the color scheme. Also in appliances with exception of the nice tv (the clock radio is scary old and wasnt plugged in when we checked in) Room was super clean however. Very above average on cleanliness.

We didnt spend too much time there the first night due to family obligations, but we returned by 10pm so we could get an hour in the very well maintained and clean pool and hot tub area. Hot tub was cold/luke warm at best. We were out of it after 2 mins. That was a bit disappointing, but these things happen. I mentioned it to the front desk at the end of the second night, because I didn't want to make some maintenance tech come in on Turkey Day just because I wanted hot tub time.

The one issue I am NOT forgiving on is the next morning. At 7am sharp on Thanksgiving Day we were awakened to a thunderous rattling of just about everything in our room. And it kept going. Apparently there was a big charity run event that happens yearly and the sound stage and start point was at the edge of our property (less than 200 feet from our room). Not only did we get bombarded with music for 2.5 hours of the morning, but due to road closures and foot traffic, we were trapped in the hotel for the whole time. Thankfully a knowledgeable front desk person showed us a hidden route off the property so we could make our family Thanksgiving in time. I just wish the hotel would have warned us when we checked in, or not put us in a room so close to the event, knowing it was going to happen.

Breakfast was very solid and well maintained by two very friendly attendants on the mornings we were there. Waffles, cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, and made to order omelets. Solid and tasty. Dont forget your coupons. Also, when looking for it, it is waaaay in the back of the in house bar / restaurant.

We recieved no maid service, but we are assuming it is because we didnt put the right door hanger out (we figured it wad their way of being green). No big issue.

Next night was fine. Next morning was awoken right as the pool opened by screaming kids. Thinking next time not getting a room near the atrium. Spent most of the day away from hotel. Returned about 8pm to more screaming (and I mean screaming, oh lawd Jesus did the kids have some pipes) that lasted till about 10pm. Went down and tested the hot tub: much improved, but not the 102 degrees they advertise on thr sign right next to it. Stull, pleasant and serviceable and kid free (though if that was dumb luck, may I suggest making 10pm to 11pm adults only).

Breakfast once again solid and well maintained on the morning we left. My S/O enjoyed the omelets once again.

Check out was quickish. Apparently they thought we were in a different room than they had given us keys for, which was a bit disconcerting but no harm came of this. Also explains why we got no housekeeping service. Check out agent was friendly for the most part and the bill was accurate.

Would I stay again: most likely. Though a bit outdated, it is obvious that they work hard to maintain the property and are successful at it. Clean and comfortable with overall friendly staff makes this a very solid hotel for staying in the stadium area of Green Bay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you again for the fine comments. We do work hard in keeping the hotel updated. I will pass your comments to management staff. Thanks again and I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel was extremely busy with lots of customers and was very clean. The rooms were excellent with a lot of room to move around. The customer service was friendly. I highly recommend staying here and when calling in ask for Bhranti, she is the best in the business and make you stay here outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

I will pass your comments onto Bhranti and i am glad that you had a wonderful stay in Green Bay. Hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great place to stay if your going to a game. Debbie and Lisa will treat you right at the bar. Lots of entertainment just outside the bar too. Room price way higher than normal because its game day, but its what the other hotels are asking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I will pass your comments onto the bar managers so they let Lisa and Deb know about your comments. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here with the girls for two nights. The rooms are nice, except for the beds to me are very hard. Most of us did not get the breakfast as it ends at 9:30 am, which I think is a little early, so I cannot comment on that. The staff were helpful and pleasant. We did enjoy our stay and I am sure we will be back

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

All the mattresses have been recently replaced and all rooms have the same mattress. The reason breakfast ends at 9:30 is because our breakfast staff has to have everything cleaned up before the bar opens at 11:00. We don't own the bar so we have to abide by what they want us to do. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The king mattress in my room was definitely past it usefulness and needs to be replaced. This resulted in a sore back in the mornings and tossing & turning at night.. Other than that it is a nice place with a bar / restaurant on site, that i used.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We have recently changed most of the mattresses, but thank you for letting me know and I will have maintenance check to see if your room was changed. Thanks again

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again! It's conveniently located near many restaurants, stores and Lambeau. The rooms and pool were very clean and all of the staff was extremely friendly. It was so nice and convenient to have a great warm breakfast right in the hotel too. The kids loved the make your own waffles! The only thing we missed was a microwave in our room. This is a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon D

Thank you for your great comments. I will share them with the staff. Thanks again!!!