“Timing is everything”

Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed on a Sunday night, thereby avoiding the droves of kids from hockey teams in town for a tournament earlier in the weekend. Our room was clean, we had the pool to ourselves and the continental breakfast was stellar -- they was a guy standing there cooking omelets to order in addition to a good selection of standard breakfast items. The price paid by booking online was very affordable for 2 double beds. The front desk staff member was very accommodating. It's not a new property. If we'd stayed on a night when the hotel was full I may not have been as thrilled -- room noise from an adjoining room was very noticeable but the desk employee was kind enough to move me down the hallway to a room with no neighbors that night. People should have realistic expectations: if you are staying at a franchise property in an urban (or semi-urban) area for less than $100 a night, it's not going to be the Ritz. This stay was clean, comfortable and a good value. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very proud of our breakfast and the chef goes out of his way to cook what the guests ask for. The hotel is undergoing a complete room renovation which is an ongoing process. I will pass your comments onto the staff and thanks again for the nice words.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel survived for many years mainly because it is the closest full-service hotel to Lambeau Field. New owners took over this very dated hotel, and began pumping money into the property about 2 1/2 years ago. The redone sports bar is fantastic, with multiple big screens. I just stayed in a newly redone room that was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. With the pool/play area, restaurant and sports bar, premier location next to Lambeau Field and Resch Center, this hotel is my favorite pick in Green Bay. Since Bhranti and Chirag have taken over this property, the service level has improved also. Whatever you need here, they'll see that you are taken care of. P.S. I accidentally left my own contour pillow in my room when I checked out. Mary drove it to UPS and shipped it off, and I had it back within 2 days.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew36619
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I makes our job enjoyable when we have guests' that appreciate what we do to make everyone's stay as enjoyable and comfortable as we can. Thanks again and I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've stayed at several hotels near Lambeau Field for draft parties, training camp and game days. I feel the Best Western is the best place to stay for your Lambeau Experience.

Location: Right across the street from Packer Training Camp! One block from Lambeau Field and Curly's Pub.

Cleanliness: Rooms are always immaculate.

Room Service/Breakfast: There's no reason to leave the hotel too go eat. The omelets and "Crazy Chicken" sandwiches always satisfy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great comments. The staff tries very hard to make each guests' stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I called Best Western directly and booked a 1 King Bed Suite with a sofa sleeper bed. The weather got us in late, but when we arrived they gave us a 1 King bed suite with no sleeper. So I complained and they gave me a room in the older section of the hotel. It was basically a packer party room, where a bunch of people just go there to party before the football game. This was like a small banquet room that they turned into a hotel room, from the 70s. Two king beds, which were comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was very good, but that is the only nice thing I have to say about this hotel. The pictures they display with the hotel are not accurate and if you have other choices, I would pursue them.

Room Tip: Ask if your in the new section and stay some place else if your not.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

I am sorry that you did not have a good experince. The "party" room you speak of was just freshly painted with new carpet and new amenities. Our entire hotel is undergoing room renovations and that wing of the hotel was recently completed. The sofa sleepers in some of the rooms have been removed due to new design specifications. Our staff does do the best they can to make all of your staff comfortable. I am sorry that was done. I will be sure to speak to my staff. Thank you for your comments and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed on a Wednesday night in mid-March on a business trip. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was a little dated in its color scheme/decor, but was large, very clean, and comfortable-- and that is what is important.

Our room was a double queen and had a microwave, mini-refridgerator, desk with office-style chair, an easy chair, a round table, and lots of counter-top space on the long dresser: plenty of room to accomodate us and our stuff.

The large pool, a hot tub, ping pong and pool tables, and a few video games are located in the large atrium/center of the hotel--- I counted seating for approx 70 people around this area (about 15 round-tables of four, and some lounger-style chairs. Everything was well maintained and the pool was very large, with depths from about 3 ft to approx 8 ft. This would be a great place for an outing for a large family or group. Although it was about 15 degrees outside that evening, the temperature of the atrium area felt comfortable. We used the pool, but not the hot tub: no complaints.

In addition to wi-fi, the hotel has a business center located off the pool/atrium area with two computers, and a printer. We did not use the fitness center or conference rooms.

We had drinks in the large, attached sports bar/grill during the two-for-one happy hour in the late afternoon/early evening. They have a large selection of beers and liquors, free popcorn, the drinks were reasonably priced, and the food we saw looked good. We spoke to an older couple who were locals, who told us they came to the bar once a week because of the nice atmosphere and the quality/reasonable prices of the food and drinks.

The free breakfast is served in a very large room located off the sports bar. The majority was standard continental breakfast food (some decent fruit pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, some bananas, and a make-it-yourself waffle machine. What was exceptionally nice though, was a man cooking you made-to-order omelets (or fried eggs). This was much better than your typical scrambled-egg product you find at many mid-ranged hotels, and the ingredients available for the omelets included ham, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, and mushrooms. Very well-prepared and tasty.

I don't think you could ask for a better location for a hotel in Green Bay. You are almost next door to the Resch Center, and about a block away from Lambeau Field. There are two large sports-bars located across the street from the hotel, as well as the Brett Favre Steakhouse. We had some excellent 25 cent chicken wings (available 7pm to 11 pm) at the huge (capacity 256 people) Stadium View Sports Bar located across the street from the hotel. It's obvious that this whole area is the place to be for a game day, or for an event at the Resch Center. The hotel is located within about an easy 5 minute drive of downtown Green Bay, with its nice selection of restaurants, micro-breweries, and bar/lounges.

This was our first time staying at this hotel, and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in room 146, which is located down a long hallway away from the pool/atrium. There are rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our property. Our staff strives very hard to make each guests' stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel is in the middle of a remodel so the next time you stay with us, you will see some significant changes. Again, thanks for the wonderful comments and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bw50025, Front Office Manager at Best Western Green Bay Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013