“Great hotel”

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
wisconsin
“Great hotel”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

We stayed at Econ lodge for my Bday and had a great time. My granddaughters loved the pool and the adults loved the hot tub. Way too many little kids in the hot tub. We have stayed there many times before it changed names and almost everything is the same. We really enjoyed our time there. The only problem we had was we had no remote for the tv and no pillow cases. Hope it was an isolated case. I knida expected a dicount or at least a "sorry about that ". The staff was very pleasant .They could use a bigger breakfast but it's free so I'll take it. THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
milwaukee
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Just a clean nice hotel. from the manager to hosekeeping everyone was very helpfull. The pool area was a nice suprise large and lots of room. don't be afraid of this econolodge.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The people who worked the front desk were very nice, let me have people come in and out. Possibly because while they had guaranteed one rate and verified it a couple times, when I got there they suddenly couldn't do it, I had to make a new reservation and cancel my old one. They did work with me on a rate, so it was just more of a nuisance after a long day than anything else.
Didn't spend any real time in the room till after 1030pm and it smelled strongly of cigarettes. Didn't bring my dog there till 1130, when I meant to go directly to bed. There were ants on the nightstand! Front desk switched me to a room that seemed alright- at first. After the heat was on for 10 minutes or so it started to smell like car exhaust. The lamp was broken so that the bulb was hanging by a wire but still turned on. Fire anyone? I was really ready to just cope, but with the plastic pad on the bed, old creaky springs and just complete discomfort of the bed, I was too unhappy with the room and worried about the inevitable backache to stay. I had to check out at 130am.
I called the next day to talk to the manager and of course he was "in meetings all day" and "had been there earlier." Funny, when I called the customer service line and they called him he had "had meetings in the morning and just came back." He finally called me and was rude, insulting, accused me of lying about the bugs, and accused me of just being hard to please and trying to get a free room. Yeah. My dog had to go to the groomer because he smelled like exhaust. I had them use flea shampoo just in case!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank nosleep4me
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Stayed here while visiting family. Room was spacious, clean. Nice selection of channels available on the TV. Good wireless signal in room. Our room had two double beds, a desk, and love seat.

Pool area was very substantial and had a decent sized pool and hot tub as well as game area.

Hotel has a guest laundry area which is a nice plus.

Downsides - continental breakfast is minimal at best. Wi-Fi did not reach into breakfast lounge area. Not enough outlets in the room - a power strip by the desk would be nice.

Overall, for the price, a good value and we'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mattgk
Kenosha
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Great place to stay, clean, close to everything. Swimming pool nice for the kids and lots of tables for parents to visit with friends. All around excellent atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family