“Nice and Reasonable Hotel Choice”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Nice and Reasonable Hotel Choice”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I connected with this chain hotel during a 2 night visit to Green Bay, WI. Check in was quick and smooth and room availability was spot on. Our initial room had a couple maintenance issues (faulty light next to the bed ...bad socket connection, bathroom sink faucet was falling apart and temperature control was reversed and bathroom sink drained very slow) We brought the problems out to the front desk and she immediately found us a new room with the same king size bed and amenities right across the hall. Room heater was a little noisy at night and right next to the bed, could have been placed on opposite wall or had a quieter blower motor.
The facility itself was great. A large, very clean and comfortable pool area provided ample room for families and couples alike, towels were in good supply and the temperature and humidity levels were very comfortable. A morning breakfast feature was outstanding with eggs, sausage, 5 cereals, bagels, muffins, waffle maker coffee and juice all included. At $60 a night this place was a steal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amit P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was saying in Green Bay for a conference and just needed a hotel room. The room was nicer than I was expecting. It was bigger and had a really nice t.v.. The staff was friendly. The price was very affordable. Overall was a really nice experience!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amit P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you!
green bay
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The room was bigger than expected and a nice tv which were a nice plus. The room smelled odd and there was some odorous stains on the floor which I just ignored. The bathroom was nice, yet it smelled atrocious in the shower. Still, good price with breakfast. Desk/housekeeping staff seemed nice as ever at check-in. Yet The reason for only 2 stars is because the checkout process was terrible. I new the checkout is at 11. when I was running a few minutes late I quickly took a shower only to notice that my door was cracked open when I got out. Come on? Staff was waiting outside my room angrily because it was 11:15. I was carrying multiple bags to and from my vehicle in such a rush. Clearly I had overstayed my welcome. I would definitely recommend this place, but don't go before a packer game..too much chaos.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dorianstrider
Amit P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel.I know we were extremely busy this past weekend because of the home Packers game.I apologize that your stay was anything less then satisfactory. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guests needs. I will be talking to my Housekeeping team about this issue in our weekly meeting. Just an FYI we do offer late check outs on open request. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Absolutely no complaints - they have a very customer focused staff, the room and bed were comfortable, and the comp breakfast was fine. Decent location, the river path is right across the street and several of restaurants are in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amit P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay in Green Bay. Close to Lambeau, easy access to 41 and 172 and surrounded by restaurants. We stayed for 2 nights in November.
We got a great rate for $45 (rate is closer to $200 for Packer home game weekends). For $45 it was a steal. We had a large room (looked at one time like it had been a suite) with 2 double beds, a refrigerator and large LCD TV (we did have an issue with not all the channels working on the TV but weren't in the room enough to worry about it).

The staff was friendly (especially Lori) and had us both checked in and out very quickly. They have a better than average breakfast - especially for an EconoLodge. Had 2 waffle makers, bagels, bread, cereal, fruit as well as sausage and egg patties. Could have had yogurt but otherwise really excellent.

They have a large pool room with a good sized pool (well chlorinated - you could smell the chlorination half way down the hall), a large whirlpool and a large indoor patio area with 9 tables as well as foosball, billards and air hockey machines. There was also a fitness center and a game room (with about 8-9 games). The motel also had a laudry room for guests.

The hotel participates with other hotels in its area in a shuttle that you can take to Packer games (I believe it was $5 person).

This was really a nice place to stay for the price we payed.

Room Tip: 2 story hotels with no elevators so if you want to avoid the stairs request a room on the first floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RamblinRed
Amit P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013

Hopkins, Minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2013

There are plenty of good things to say about this hotel such as nice rooms and nice pool and hot tub, but the owner of the place is a complete jerk. I was told over the phone one price and once we got there was given something completely different than the reservation I made and agreed to. I still stayed and we were robbed over the weekend. One of the maids, while cleaning our room stole an iPod touch, a bunch of money and a couple of other items. When we reported it to the owner all he told us was that there was nothing he could do to help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Amit P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
To all the travelers out there, this review is false and baseless. We have a great team at our property, who work really hard and go extra mile to make guest experience enjoyable. Also we have a very good lost and found tracking system and we update our log daily. According to our records there is no notes/reports about missing bunch of money, ipod touch for Mr. Mark. Not sure why Mr. Mark decided to write a review after a year later instead of contacting the hotel after checking out. Using abusive language for others shows the character of a person and we have no comment on Mr. Mark remarks. On the other hand we wish him a wonderful holiday season. Just want to share a short story with our travelers out there; one of our guest forgot their wedding ring in the room during their visit to Green bay from Canada to see the Packers game. We contacted the guest immediately and FedEx their wedding ring to their home in Prince Canada. After 3 days later we got a call and an email from guest and this is what they wrote:
Dear Sir:

My ring arrived today. Thank you again for, quite literally, going the
extra mile: i.e. finding this ring, going to Fedex and ensuring it was
safely delivered to me.

On behalf on my wife and myself, I commend you both and the rest of the
staff who not only made our stay pleasant but ensured that this ring was
found.

May God richly bless you and yours.

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

Canada

Have a safe Holiday season to all the travelers.
Antigo, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although the staff was very pleasant and the room was reasonably clean, I will probably not stay here again. First, I had to wipe glass rings off both the night stands. Then...We had a 2nd story room that was the first room past the pool windows. At night all I could smell was chlorine. It seemed to get stronger as each hour passed. I was ready to get up around 2:30 a.m. and request a different room, (but didn't). I wondered if the smell was from them treating the pool after it was closed.(?) I think I finally dozed off around 4 or so. NOT a good night for sleeping!
The breakfast was really nice, and a great way to start the day. But it took me two washings to get the smell of (musty) chlorine out of some of my clothes. Ugh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amit P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Good morning O0079,
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. I apologize that your stay was anything less then satisfactory. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guests needs. As you probably already know that we have a pretty big pool area next to our lobby. Pool opens 8am to 11pm every day. We close our pool exactly at 11pm. NO EXCEPTIONS!. We don't treat our pool at night but we do check our pool and hot tub every morning before opening pool area to our guests. Also we have air tight windows in the pool area. I'm not sure how smell got to your room on the 2nd floor away from the pool.I wish you have told us after you checked in or called us from your room so we could offer you a different/upgraded room.Once again I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you!