“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Green Bay
Hicksville, Ohio, United States
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights, with a group of 8 of us... We had booked two rooms, asking for them to be adjoining, but upon calling the hotel found out that we could not get adjoing rooms with the needed beds for our stay, but we could get the rooms side by side. We also requested a microwave in at least one of the rooms.

Upon arrival, the check in was speedy and friendly, although the cleark was confused on the best parking location and enterance door for our room. As we got to our rooms, we realised that they were not side by side, but across the hall from each other (which worked out better, as the side by side rooms were a farther distance apart.) There was no available microwave in either room, nor did the front desk clerk have one the first night and we were told that they would get one in the morning, but showed us a public one that we could use if needed.

The beds were comfortable, rooms clean. There was one towel in the bathroom that was very stained and should have not been used in a guest room, but otherwise no compaint.

The pool was nice although they never seemed to have enough beach towels available. This is our second stay here and there was not enough beach towels last time either.

The breakfast was great, with a decent selection of food, dry cereal, coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, eggs, sausage, and waffles.. However the breakfast area was small and very croweded.

On the last night of our stay, our little one became ill and need medical care. We inquired about a children's hospital at the front desk and was told to go to St. Mary's, and given the address. Again this was the same clerk who check us in, was confused on directions, but we found it easily with our GPS. But we found out that it was not a children's hospital, and if he needed to be admitted that they would have to transfer him to another hospital that would have a pediatric floor. Luckily, they were able to treat him and stabilize him for the drive home in the morning to see his regular doctors (as this is a special needs child).

Overall this is a nice hotel and we will stay again when in the area...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Room clean, except for dust hanging from the ceiling and glass marks on the nightstand. Sunk to the middle of the bed - needs a new mattress. A few ants in the bathroom, but now is the time they come in. Didn't care for the continental breakfast - much of food had little flavor. Water fountain by pool needed cleaning. Liked having a large room with a sofa. Also pool area was clean with many tables to sit at. Staff friendly and helpful. Price was good. Chose this due to ratings on this site. Actually liked the hotel I stayed in last year better although it is lower in the ratings. It cost a little more but I will probably stay there again next time I'm in Green Bay.

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Basic motel on motel row, 2 miles from Lambeau field (30 min walk). But: veryclean, efficient and in good repair. Have stayed in Hampton across the street, and ExonoLodge is much better. Room is large, has coffe maker and frig. Bed OK, linens kind of cheap: bottom sheet would not stay on the mattress, and we're not talking monkey sex here!

Like any good motel, there is ample parking, free breakfast (did not try), and free wifi. As a bonus, the wifi was fast enough to watch direct tv NFL ticket on my iPad, which is MUCH better than expected. Plenty of chain restaurants nearby, including Starbucks (thank god -- after 4 days in Wisconsin, we were desperate for decent coffee).

In all, a better value and experience than the much pricier Hilton and Tundra. If you can make the walk, or don't mind waiting for the game day bus (free and right outside the front door), then this is a great spot for a Packers weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms near Ramada Way are quieter than those near Onieda
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manistique, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, and every time, I am more impressed. Not only are the rooms clean, hot tub and pool area good, and in a good location, but the staff impresses me more each time. They went over and above when I had car trouble, and I will always stay there when in the Green Bay area as well as recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Let me start by saying I really liked this hotel. I had a room with a king bed that overlooked the pool. I liked the sitting area when you first come in and how it is separated from the sleeping area. That being said, the furniture and tv's are a bit outdated, as is the bedding. The bed was comfortable though.
My only real complaint about my room would have to be aimed at housekeeping. When I first arrived at the hotel it was about 4:15 p.m. and I was given a dirty room. I was quickly moved to another room that was clean. In that room, my bathroom looked like a bear had used it. There was hair all over the floor and in the tub. Other than that, the room was clean.
I did not use the pool, but I did use the fitness room. My only suggestion would be to put up some blinds. I used the treadmill in the morning and the sun was at my back. I was sweating before I ever started to run because it was so hot in there. Otherwise, the fitness room was clean, and had a good selection of machines.
The hot breakfast was nice, but it might be nice to have more variety. It was the same thing both mornings I was at the hotel.
With all of that being said, the staff was very nice and I will definitely stay here again. It just needs a little updating and a little more attention by housekeeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been staying at the Econo-Lodge in Green Bay for 15 years. We stay during Packer game weekends, so it's always 2 nights. We have always been treated well there. Rooms are always clean, pool and hot tub are good. Morning breakfast is waffles,muffins,cereal etc. The location is good, right on Ramada Way Ave. Easy access to the freeway. Shopko and a mall are close by. As well as many eating places. Fast food or sit down. Gas station close by as well. Actually all of these mentioned are in short walking distance, except for Shopko and the mall.
Rooms also have good climate control units, our rooms have a small fridge as well. I would recommend the Econo-Lodge as a mid price location to stay in Green Bay. And Lambeau Field is just a short 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here. It's a two story, lower floor rooms would be first choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Freedom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

On our first trip to watch the Packers at Lambeau, we needed 2 rooms at a reasonable price for 5 adults and 2 children, This Econo Lodge location had it all. Free breakfast and a large pool with hot tub. The hotel management was great and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We are looking forward to making this an annual event and this Econo Lodge wil be at that top of our lodging list. Thanks for he great time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family