“Super hotel, nice location, superb staff”

Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Lafayette, Indiana
“Super hotel, nice location, superb staff”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I hadn't been to Green Bay in several years, so I didn't have a hotel recommendation. I counted on our travel clerk to find a place. When I arrived at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium I was immediately struck by the cleanliness and openness of the registration area. Then upon check in I was greeted by the staff in a professional, but friendly attitude. The staff was not afraid to carry on a conversation, which I find nice.

Upon arriving in my room I was greeted by one of the most modern and clean rooms I have had of late. Nice comfortable bed, nice couch, closet and nice HD TVs. I was impressed.

A trip that evening to the lounge was nice because it was not overcrowded and we could discuss business; plus, we found the bartender and waitresses to be friendly and fun.

Each morning I had breakfast in the restaurant and again was treated by a friendly staff and very good food at a reasonable price.

I will be staying here on my following trips to Green Bay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank GRIndiana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed at the HI Stadium for 2 nights in June and was really looking forward to it since it looked like a really nice place and had good reviews. I stayed in a king suite which had a bedroom with a glass door and a living room. I had a little reservations about staying in a HI because I never have good luck with them, but this one seemed like it would be nice.

Upon arrival I was met by an extremely nice front person who checked me in quickly and about 1/2 hour after I checked in called my room to see how things were. I thought that was a nice touch.

The first strange thing I noticed was my bathroom had a very strange smell to it throughout the whole weekend. It was kind of like a musty smell but then smelled like a bathroom that had not been cleaned in a while, but everything looked to be clean so I kind of blew it off. The bathroom was extremely dusty and looked as if it had not been dusted in a very long time.

I was not in my room very much so did not use the living room at all but had to use the remote from that room in the bedroom because the bedroom one did not work. Speaking of the living room, the next day I was ironing my clothes in that area and went to place my dress on the chair. I noticed the chair was completely filthy with stains and dried food (?) on it. Gross!

The bed was comfy and I slept well but the first morning I pulled back the sheets and noticed a fairly large dried blood spot on the fitted sheet. It was a spot that had been washed and never came out and there is no way that anyone making the bed did not notice it when they placed the sheet on the matress. They just chose to ignore it. Again, gross.

Another thing was I went to go and use the lotion that is provided in the bathroom and noticed that it was more than 1/2 gone. Apparently the previous guest used it and housekeeping did not replace it with a new one, they just put it back in it's spot 1/2 empty.

I did have room service one morning and it was really good. It came to my room extremely fast and was very hot when it arrived. A group of us met down at the bar one night before going out to dinner and the bartender there was pretty rude. She acted like we were annoying her when we wanted more drinks. I did not eat in the restaurant at all so cannot comment on that.

So ever though it was a nice looking hotel and the staff was extremely friendly (with the exception of the bartender), I don't think that I was stay here again knowing how dirty it was. There is no excuse for having blood on sheets and 1/2 used bottles of lotion. Their housekeeping department seemed very lazy. I did fill out the survey they sent online and addressed all the issues but never heard anything from anyone about it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Hammy
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My stay here was top rated. I travel quite often on business and I would most definitely recommend this hotel in the green bay area over all. Great food in the restaurant, clean rooms, comfy beds. The staff makes you feel like you are family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ljptravel
Minnesota
Reviewed May 21, 2010

The Holiday Inn Stadium is a very nice newer hotel. It is in an okay location. Many of the other hotels surrounding it look old and run down. We stayed for one night. It has a restaurant, pool, fitness room and very good parking.

The room was clean and well-appointed. This hotel looks to be no more than two years old so everything is very fresh and not worn out. It's about 2 milles from Lambeau. It was very quiet the night we were there -- but it wasn't a game night either.

We paid $110 plus taxes which I felt was very reasonable. We laughed when we read the rack rate posted on the door: $545. I'm not kidding. I don't know if that is what they charge on Packer game nights or not.

My only complaint was that the room was very hot. We ended up putting on the AC even though it was only 60 degrees outside.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eagan
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I forgot my favorite pillow and they mailed it to me within days! Thanks!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ADB67
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I travel frequently for business and rate this Holiday Inn as one of my favorites. It is in a great location with numerous restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. It is a newer facility so the rooms in are good shape, sound and quite. The staff is friendly, and accommodating. Decent workout room and pool area. The only issue I have ever had is on a rare occasion slow wireless internet service. The front desk will provide you with a booster if that is a problem.
There is a bar and restaurant on site if you dont feel like leaving the property. I've had the pizza a few times and its been great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank herminator
Upper Peninsula
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I'll give it a recommendation with a caveat. My wife and I had a two day weekend stay (Sat and Sun) when there was a sports event in the area for the tweens age group on the Saturday. We booked online so we were not aware of it.

When we arrived we found that the hotel had put us on the first floor in the first room right off the lobby at the hallway's entry door. At the end of the same hallway was the pool that stayed opened to 11PM CDT (we were on EDT). You can figure out the rest of the misery that included the car port to the front lobby door being outside of our window. You would think that they'd figure out that you don't put a childless older couple in this area when they could have put a small young family or younger "party couple" there. Worst experience I've had in a hotel that cost me $115 for one night.

I will say that on the following day (Sunday) we were given a suite on the 2nd floor to offset the miserable first night. It was worth $115. The only thing is that it faced US Hwy 41 so the traffic noise could be heard that started to escalate at about 7AM on that Monday morning.

So, the caveat is that it's a decent place to stay but avoid the first floor and ask for a room that is on the side of the building that overlooks the FRONT parking lot (where the lobby entrance is). Big world of difference re traffic noise.

Rest of our stay was very nice except for some minor room maintenance needs in each room. As for the mattresses, there was an oddity. The king mattress in the "pool area room" on the first floor was very comfortable. The ones (two queen beds) in the suite on the second floor were lumpy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple