“Clean and Comfortable Accomodations in Green Bay, Wisconsin”

Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Plantation, Florida
“Clean and Comfortable Accomodations in Green Bay, Wisconsin”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had business in Appleton, Wisconsin, but had to fly into Green Bay. As a Priority Club member I try to stay at IHC properties. This Holiday Inn is conveniently located a few miles from the airport and very close to the stadium. The front desk personnel were very friendly as I arrived VERY late and got me checked in and up to my room quickly. Rooms are standard fare, comfortable and quiet.
If you have to travel to Green Bay, this is a good choice of accommodations.

Room Tip: Floodlights at the front of property can be annoying when trying to sleep in the rooms facing that d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time complete a review for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium. I also want to thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn our staff prides them self on getting the guest checked in and to their rooms as quickly and efficiently as possible. we know that flying in very late typically means that the guest has a had a long day and would like to relax in their comfortable room.

we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Laura Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 28, 2014

First time to stay in this hotel, but have a disappointing experience. I was given a room at the upper level according to my request. Soon I discovered a problem with this room coming from the exhaust fan flaps, which were right on top of my room up on the roof. The wind kept blowing these flaps and making unbelievable noise inside the room. I called the front desk asking if there is a fix to silence this noise so that I can sleep, but a young man at the reception desk told me that this is an non-fixable problem according to their chief engineer. Customer has to live with it until the wind calms down. When I tried to explain to him that, I have stayed in many similar hotels before and never had a such a problem he did not believe me and asked me to talk to the manger next day. When I could not manage to sleep with this issue continuing, I asked him to move me in a lower elevation room away from the roof and the problem was solved. I really wished if the receptionist had offer to move me from the room when I made my first complain and have saved me a lot of arguing and debate. I think the staff of this hotel needs to learn some better customer service.

Room Tip: Front desk misses customer care quality.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Than you for completing a review for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium. I want to thank you for the feedback in regards to the exhaust fan in the guest room bathroom. I also would like to thank you for the conversation we had during your stay with us. I have passed the information provided by you to our Chief Engineer. We certainly appreciate any feedback we get from our guests as this will help us in the future continue to provide excellent guest service. We also strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests which is why our training process is continuous. We emphasis with our staff that they need to listen to our guests and do everything in their power to ensure our guests have a great stay. I do want to let you know we will continue with the customer service training process and do hope that on your next visit with us you will be happy with the changes.

Again thank you and it really was a pleasure speaking with you during your stay.

Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

In Wisconsin, this is definitely one of the nicer Holiday Inns. It is completely updated with a great-looking lobby along with a very nice bar and restaurant. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are updated nicely and are very comfortable. The TV is quite adequate as far as channel selection of quality. The location of the hotel is also quite accommodating for shopping and a multitude of restaurants. The location also makes a great option if you're going to a Green Bay Packer game. Would definitely recommend stay here either in business or for pleasure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jokefawcett
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Good Morning,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium. We appreciate you taking time to complete a review for your recent stay with us. We feel all feedback is extremely useful in providing the excellent customer service that our guests enjoy and appreciate. we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Road Warrior
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spent one night here passing through town. Hotel is a little over my budget but I needed 2 Holiday Inn's for my quest to complete the IHG 'Big Win' contest so I went with this one.

Overall this is a solid but unspectacular hotel. I tend to be a little more picky when I'm paying $140 a night so this one was just OK for me, not that it's a bad place but I would never return again at that price as it is not a good value at all IMO.

First off the place is road noise central. It sits along side US-41 which is in the process of being converted to an Interstate, so you not only have the awful traffic noise but the noise from construction equipment as well. In fact it's so loud that if you open your window to get any air that you'd have to practically yell to others inside your own room if you wanted to have a conversation.

The room itself was clean and comfortable but very small and cramped, I travel with a lot of luggage and had a hard time finding room for it all. The bathroom is also tiny, not to mention COLD, it does however have a nice shower with no bathtub!! Yay!! I hate those things, does anyone really soak in a nasty hotel bathtub anymore..??

Room has a microwave and small fridge which was nice. I did not care for the old style AC/Heating unit though as it had no thermostat to control it.

Wireless internet worked well and was fast, over 9Mbps download speeds, which is very solid for a hotel.

Beds were reasonably comfortable, not too firm and not too soft.

All and all this is an OK hotel but not for $140 a night, that's way overpriced for what you get. If I had paid $85 I'd have given this a better score but 3 stars is the best I can do for the price I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium. We appreciate all feedback and feel the feedback is an extremely useful tool to provide our guests with great customer service. I do want to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. I would also like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us, please feel free at anytime during your stay with us to contact the front desk with any issues or concerns and they will do everything they can to accomodate your needs through out your stay. I do hope that when you visit the Green Bay area that you will consider staying at the Holiday Inn Green bay Stadium.

We do appreciate you as a guest look forward to your next visit.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stay in many a hotel through the course of a year. What stood out in Green Bay was the staff at the hotel. Always greeting you -- with a genuine message. 'Have a good workout.' Careful outside, it is slippery this morning.' 'Welcome back.' If this hotel were a Facebook page, I'd be clicking 'Like' all over it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JFSoccerCoach
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay. Our staff enjoys spending time with the guests and getting the feedback as well. We feel it is so important that we know what our guests want when they are staying with us. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium as your hotel of preference when visiting the Green Bay area. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went to this hotel while passing through town and we had a really great experience with the bartender Saturday night. But than on Sunday, we went down for breakfast and was never waited on. There were only 5 tables and not one waitress, there were 2 of them, said we will be right with you or just one moment please. We waited 20 minutes and left. As we were leaving, the front desk clerk walked passed us and in a very snotty voice said is there something you need. I told her the situation and she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Very rude and made us feel very unwelcome. We will not be returning to this hotel because of the rude service. Called the manager back after she contacted us and she never called back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium. The management staff feels all feedback is an extremely important tool in assisting to improve customer service. Thank you for returning my call and I do apologize for not getting back to you more promptly as I was away from the property for several days on hotel business. It was great talking to you and getting your feedback and input on your experience as well as the customer service experience you ahd while staying with us. I want to assure you we have been working with our staff on the importance of excellent customer service and how important all guests are to the success of our hotel. We have been making some changes throughout the property and are hoping these will be changes that assist in making our hotel successful and also a great hotel that our guests love and will be excited about returning again and again.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime should you have any questions or concerns.
Again thank you for the feedback please note it will be put to good use here. we do hope that if you are in the Green Bay area again that you will give us the opportunity to "WOW" you and your family.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

If you want to sleep don't stop here! The walls are paper thin and you can hear other guests above, beside, and below you all night! We were there not on a Packer weekend and I cannot imagine how horrible it is on a Packer weekend. The staff is the upside and is very professional and friendly and the hotel was clean overall. However, we had a fire place suite and the fireplace made a horrible clicking and couldn't be used at night and the fridge made a horrible buzzing. In addition the car wash right next door is super loud even in the dead of winter. If noises don't bother you then the hotel will be fine if noises do bother you look elsewhere!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Pack4ever,