“What's up with the Pool?! And kids do not eat free.”

Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Cedarburg
“What's up with the Pool?! And kids do not eat free.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn GB Stadium for a hockey tournament weekend. The Pool was RIDICULOUS. Do NOT be fooled by the pictures on the website. The pool is so super small that our hockey team couldn't even swim all at the same time. Not to mention the chlorine was so bad that parents had to leave the pool area with complaints of eyes burning and hard time breathing. So extremely disappointing. No team bonding time for this tournament.

Also, the breakfast was terrible. Food was cold and burned. Was told that my kids did not get to eat free because we were with a hockey group and got special rates on the rooms. Little did they know that we did not book our room with the "hockey group" but paid almost double the rate for a suite because our family would not fit in a regular room. I went to the front desk to talk to the manager on duty about it. She then went and got our WAITRESS and made it seem like it was her fault. The waitress was mad and actually gave back the tip money that we had given her! That's not what I wanted. I wanted the hotel MANAGEMENT to explain the situation to me and correct it. That was handled completely wrong. I was also told that because I had 3 kids, only 2 could eat for FREE because only 1 adult was present. (my husband actually joined us once we ordered because of the tournament, but that was beside the point)... in ALL of the advertising in the hotel (elevator, rooms, restaurant) it says that 4 KIDS can eat for FREE with a FAMILY MEMBER. It does not specify 2 per adult or that both parents have to be present. I read it very carefully because I did not want an issue. They also advertise a PM menu that kids can eat free, but I was also told by the front desk that kids can only eat free for breakfast. I don't understand. The advertising is very misleading.

Add to that: no "free" coffee in the lobby... EVERY time we went to get coffee, both the coffee urns were empty. Both Saturday and Sunday. Must be a limited time also?

Do your research before staying here. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Hotel would be nice if you don't have kids or don't want to use the pool. Also, there are plenty of restaurants near by with better choices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Afternoon,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. The team here takes all guest comments seriously and want every guest to feel comfortable and relaxed while staying with us. I see that you had several issues with your recent stay and I do want you to know that I am taking each issue and evaluating the situation. Myself and the Restaurant Manager have talked to the staff in the restaurant in regards to the service you received while dining with us. We are also in the process of reviewing all procedures with them as well. Rest assured we are working to improve service within this area. I will also be reviewing the kids eat free program with our managers as you are correct in your statement.

I want to assure you that the chemicals in the pool are monitored very closely and documented daily, but I did present this concern to our maintenance department. I can also agree that our pool is a smaller pool area, but I want to assure you the pictures of the pool on the website are pictures of our pool.

Again, thank you for completing the review and taking the time to give us your feedback, so we can work on improving our processes. As I said earlier, we want all of our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed through out their stay and when we have one unhappy guest, it is unacceptable.

Laura Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Medford, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room and hotel was very clean and all the furnishings were modern. My particular room (2 queen bed on the 4th floor) was laid out nice, except the bathroom door swung out towards the entrance door. Making it impossible to leave the bathroom door open if someone was trying to come in. The mattress was extremely lumpy and sagged towards the middle. I had to toss and turn quite a bit. The hotel is recommended if your body can handle a unsupported, lumpy bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking to the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We feel all comments are a great tool for improving our guest satisfaction and we appreciate all comments. I do apologize for the issues you had with your mattress during your recent stay. We want all of our guests to have a restful sleep and feel refreshed in the morning.

Again thank you for the great feedback, we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2013

First off, this hotel is new.. I think it was built in 2008. The rooms are spotless. Housekeeping does an excellent job cleaning. The beds are very comfortable and I had some of the best rest of my life over the two nights I stayed here. Big TV, big bathroom, great in-room coffee and bath essentials, helpful and pleasant staff. Overall, this place is a gem and only a couple miles away from Lambeau. There were a ton of restaurants and bars down the street from the hotel. We travel from Chicago to Green Bay (Go PACK!) twice each year, and to us, this hotel is in the middle of everything that's important to us. We always stay here and are always pleased with everything. I don't understand how anybody could have anything negative to say about this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick and Diana T
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Good afternoon.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. WOW, I always love to see comments from our regular guests and how pleased they are with the overall hotel and staff. I do know that the team here appreciates the positive comments received. Our management team shares all comments with their teams. Even though the Packer Season is over we are already looking forward to next season, we have so much fun with all the guests here and the excitement many feel during the game times.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us in Green Bay.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Stadium in Green Bay for the Packers playoff game this past weekend. Definitely one of the better Holiday Inns I've stayed in! The front desk staff were festive, friendly, and accommodating, and answered a lot of the questions we had about getting to the stadium (there's a free shuttle!). Before heading out to tailgate, we had a drink at the bar, which was fully stocked, clean, and nicer than I expected. The room was good sized and nice with a large (King), comfortable bed. The only complaint I have about the room was the temperature control - I tend to like it cool when I sleep, so before we left for the game I turned the A/C on low at low/medium temperature, however when we got back to the room it was still a bit stuffy. I turned it on high for the night and it just never seemed to cool down in there. Wasn't a cheap stay (over $300 for 1 night, but that's to be expected for a gameday weekend), and I'm always a little disappointed by that since Holiday Inns aren't Hiltons or anything, but overall I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen C
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review about your recent staay with us at the Holiday Inn and Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel on a busy Packer weekend and the staff met your expecations. We do hope to see you again on your next trip to the Green Bay area.

Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a good price $114 for suite, clean and nice clean furniture. There is man who works there who is great! He greets, he shovels out your car and brings you coffee, haha thank you!
Ok, here is the sad part, breakfast! 1 hr to get our food is unexceptable ! I was told it was because of two teams there, but that is where planning comes in!
Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would not eat here!

• Stayed December 2012
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We feel all feedback is extremely important to the total satisfaction for all of our guests. All team members review the comments and and use them in a positive manner. I am glad to hear that your guest room met your expecations and that the gentleman was of great assistance to you. I do apologize for the slower service in the restaurant you received in the morning for breakfast. You are correct that is where planning is extremely important. We are working with the staff to improve customer service and we are also working with our sports groups to provide a broader window of notice so our team at the hotel can be prepared.

Again we want to provide top customer service and appreciate all comments from guests using these comments to improve the service we provide. We look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Byram, Mississippi
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was my first trip to Green Bay & Lambeau Field but it won't be my last. I stayed here while in town for a football game. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful young lady and was quickly checked in with no problems with my reservation. I walked in to a nice, clean,adequate room. I stayed in room 410 which is what they call a king executive suite. I have to say I was expecting something much larger being that it's suppose to be a suite but it was adequate. It was fairly quiet there , other than noise from other doors opening & closing in the hall. If the door was sealed off better when it's closed it would probably help. This hotel is in a great spot though, there are several places to eat,gas stations,and a Starbucks all within a half mile of the hotel. It's also only about 2 miles from Lambeau Field where the Green Bay Packers play. It's near the interstate but not close enough to get alot of noise from it.There is also a bar/grill at the hotel that serves breakfast and dinner, a little expensive but convienent.I would definately stay here again and reccomend it to anyone in town for a football game.And I have to say the people of Green Bay are some of the nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet. Can't wait to go back. Go Pack Go !!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Jason P
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. As we feel all reviews are extremely important, guest feedback gives us an insight on how we can improve our service as well as lets us know what we are doing right in regards to customer service. Guest satisfaction is very important to the entire team here.

We do look forward to your next stay with us while you are visiting the Green Bay area. Again thank you and have a fantastic day.

Genral Manager
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Came to Packers game and chose a great hotel all around. Staff had directions and suggestions to great restaurants and places to visit. Hotel looked new and very well kept. Also had a shuttle which saved us a lot in cab fares. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank philldar71
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated as they help us improve our guest service and they also let us know what the guest is looking for. Comments are shared with the staff at the hotel as well. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it appears with your comments that the staff was very helpful guiding you around the area.

Again thank you and we look forward toy our next stay with us in Green Bay.