“Nice stay but bad ending.”

Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a good price $114 for suite, clean and nice clean furniture. There is man who works there who is great! He greets, he shovels out your car and brings you coffee, haha thank you!
Ok, here is the sad part, breakfast! 1 hr to get our food is unexceptable ! I was told it was because of two teams there, but that is where planning comes in!
Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would not eat here!

• Stayed: December 2012
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We feel all feedback is extremely important to the total satisfaction for all of our guests. All team members review the comments and and use them in a positive manner. I am glad to hear that your guest room met your expecations and that the gentleman was of great assistance to you. I do apologize for the slower service in the restaurant you received in the morning for breakfast. You are correct that is where planning is extremely important. We are working with the staff to improve customer service and we are also working with our sports groups to provide a broader window of notice so our team at the hotel can be prepared.

Again we want to provide top customer service and appreciate all comments from guests using these comments to improve the service we provide. We look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was my first trip to Green Bay & Lambeau Field but it won't be my last. I stayed here while in town for a football game. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful young lady and was quickly checked in with no problems with my reservation. I walked in to a nice, clean,adequate room. I stayed in room 410 which is what they call a king executive suite. I have to say I was expecting something much larger being that it's suppose to be a suite but it was adequate. It was fairly quiet there , other than noise from other doors opening & closing in the hall. If the door was sealed off better when it's closed it would probably help. This hotel is in a great spot though, there are several places to eat,gas stations,and a Starbucks all within a half mile of the hotel. It's also only about 2 miles from Lambeau Field where the Green Bay Packers play. It's near the interstate but not close enough to get alot of noise from it.There is also a bar/grill at the hotel that serves breakfast and dinner, a little expensive but convienent.I would definately stay here again and reccomend it to anyone in town for a football game.And I have to say the people of Green Bay are some of the nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet. Can't wait to go back. Go Pack Go !!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jason P

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. As we feel all reviews are extremely important, guest feedback gives us an insight on how we can improve our service as well as lets us know what we are doing right in regards to customer service. Guest satisfaction is very important to the entire team here.

We do look forward to your next stay with us while you are visiting the Green Bay area. Again thank you and have a fantastic day.

Genral Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Came to Packers game and chose a great hotel all around. Staff had directions and suggestions to great restaurants and places to visit. Hotel looked new and very well kept. Also had a shuttle which saved us a lot in cab fares. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank philldar71
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated as they help us improve our guest service and they also let us know what the guest is looking for. Comments are shared with the staff at the hotel as well. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it appears with your comments that the staff was very helpful guiding you around the area.

Again thank you and we look forward toy our next stay with us in Green Bay.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been staying at this property three to four times a year since it opened and have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and if you can get one of the two room suites it is even better. My only complaint is that the desk in the suites faces the wall so the TV is behind you. I have solved this problem by rearranging the furniture for my stay as there is room to turn the desk 90 degrees and all is well. The staff in the hotel and restaurant are great and easy to talk to. I think the food is well above the standard of most hotel restaurants and well worth trying. I had the Pork Medallions during my most recent stay and they were fantastic and at a very reasonable price that includes a salad or one of their homemade soups. They also have a nice selection of Wisconsin beers with three good selections, Hinterland IPA, Spotted Cow and Lienenkugel Seasonal on tap along with the always present Miller Lite.

Room Tip: Book on AAA to get the best rate and then choose a two room suite. Love the fact that the windows ac...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Beth U
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay. we are happy to hear that you have made our hotel your hotel of choice when traveling to the Green Bay area. I do want to let you know that the management team does share responses with the team members here at the hotel.

I was also happy to hear that you were happy with your dinner in our restaurant. We do change our menu approximately 2 times a year and rely on guest feedback for the menu item selections.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Genral Manager

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night and went to the Packers game Sunday. On Saturday a few hours after checking in I noticed that my account had been charged twice for the room fee. I called immediately and the manager stated that the money will be placed on my card as soon as I checked out on Sunday afternoon. 4 hours after checking out my money had not been refunded. I called to informed them I need that money to get a hotel room after the game because there was a snow storm and I didn't want to drive 8 hours home in a snow storm. The manager called me back and stated there was nothing they could do and that it was my banks problem. She didn't even offer me a room for the night. She was rude and uncaring about the problem her company put me in. They PROMISED me my money would be returned and it wasn't returned on TUESDAY! 3 days later!! They also charged my account $207.89 two more times on Monday. At one point on Monday they had $623.67 of mine. This is after my original room fee had already gone through. I called the head office on Monday and they informed me the GM of that hotel would call me within 48 hours. They never did. I had to call them back and the GM finally called me back 30 minutes later stating she had no clue about my problem. She was respectful to me, but she couldn't do anything to help me because my bank had already refunded my money. I will NEVER use this hotel again and I will make sure others know about my AWFUL experience.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I believe as a General Manager that all reviews are extremely important, We get to see what we are doing well and what we need to improve on in regards to service. I do understand your frustrations and how you felt about the overall service you received. Unfortunately we faultered in our service with your recent stay with us and did not respond as needed or assist you to the fullest extend.
I am glad that I did get to talk with you and listen to your concerns and how you felt about the situation and as well express to you my concerns and issues I had with the situation. I do want to let you know that I have spoken with all individuals involved about the importance of making things right as well as the importance of customer service.

You do have my sincere apologies as I did express to you on the phone conversation. I did offer to help you in anyway possible and did ask what I could do for you, but I do realize that the offer was after the issues were rectified.
Again I do apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for completing the review. Please feel free to contact me should I be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

What better than staying at a nice, clean quiet hotel with great staff so close to a Packer game, have stayed here before, will stay here again. Great job, but I have to admit it, it's allot of money to spend for maybe 10 hours in it, but it's a special treat so what the heck!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReliableCritiquing

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay. I do pass the comments on to the staff so they know how our guests feel about their stay with us. Feedback is extremely important to us helping us meet our guest needs and shows us what the guest is looking for.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us in the Green Bay area.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The reception was fantastic and all aspects of service was perfect. The room was extremely comfortable. The facilities where better than anticipated and most importantly all staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan P
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for completing the review on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. After reading your review I see you had a fantastic stay with us. I do want to let you know we appreciate the wonderful comments in regards to your stay as well as the positive comments pertaining to the staff. We also encourge our staff to visit the trip advisor website to review all guest comments in regards to their stay with us. I feel this is part of the learning process for our team.

We look forward to your next visit with us when you are in the Green bay area.