“A Really Great Place”

Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Smithfield, Maine
“A Really Great Place”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been staying at this property three to four times a year since it opened and have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and if you can get one of the two room suites it is even better. My only complaint is that the desk in the suites faces the wall so the TV is behind you. I have solved this problem by rearranging the furniture for my stay as there is room to turn the desk 90 degrees and all is well. The staff in the hotel and restaurant are great and easy to talk to. I think the food is well above the standard of most hotel restaurants and well worth trying. I had the Pork Medallions during my most recent stay and they were fantastic and at a very reasonable price that includes a salad or one of their homemade soups. They also have a nice selection of Wisconsin beers with three good selections, Hinterland IPA, Spotted Cow and Lienenkugel Seasonal on tap along with the always present Miller Lite.

Room Tip: Book on AAA to get the best rate and then choose a two room suite. Love the fact that the windows ac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Beth U
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay. we are happy to hear that you have made our hotel your hotel of choice when traveling to the Green Bay area. I do want to let you know that the management team does share responses with the team members here at the hotel.

I was also happy to hear that you were happy with your dinner in our restaurant. We do change our menu approximately 2 times a year and rely on guest feedback for the menu item selections.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Genral Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Arcadia, Indiana
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night and went to the Packers game Sunday. On Saturday a few hours after checking in I noticed that my account had been charged twice for the room fee. I called immediately and the manager stated that the money will be placed on my card as soon as I checked out on Sunday afternoon. 4 hours after checking out my money had not been refunded. I called to informed them I need that money to get a hotel room after the game because there was a snow storm and I didn't want to drive 8 hours home in a snow storm. The manager called me back and stated there was nothing they could do and that it was my banks problem. She didn't even offer me a room for the night. She was rude and uncaring about the problem her company put me in. They PROMISED me my money would be returned and it wasn't returned on TUESDAY! 3 days later!! They also charged my account $207.89 two more times on Monday. At one point on Monday they had $623.67 of mine. This is after my original room fee had already gone through. I called the head office on Monday and they informed me the GM of that hotel would call me within 48 hours. They never did. I had to call them back and the GM finally called me back 30 minutes later stating she had no clue about my problem. She was respectful to me, but she couldn't do anything to help me because my bank had already refunded my money. I will NEVER use this hotel again and I will make sure others know about my AWFUL experience.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I believe as a General Manager that all reviews are extremely important, We get to see what we are doing well and what we need to improve on in regards to service. I do understand your frustrations and how you felt about the overall service you received. Unfortunately we faultered in our service with your recent stay with us and did not respond as needed or assist you to the fullest extend.
I am glad that I did get to talk with you and listen to your concerns and how you felt about the situation and as well express to you my concerns and issues I had with the situation. I do want to let you know that I have spoken with all individuals involved about the importance of making things right as well as the importance of customer service.

You do have my sincere apologies as I did express to you on the phone conversation. I did offer to help you in anyway possible and did ask what I could do for you, but I do realize that the offer was after the issues were rectified.
Again I do apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for completing the review. Please feel free to contact me should I be of any assistance to you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 13, 2012

What better than staying at a nice, clean quiet hotel with great staff so close to a Packer game, have stayed here before, will stay here again. Great job, but I have to admit it, it's allot of money to spend for maybe 10 hours in it, but it's a special treat so what the heck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReliableCritiquing
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the review for your recent stay with us in Green Bay. I do pass the comments on to the staff so they know how our guests feel about their stay with us. Feedback is extremely important to us helping us meet our guest needs and shows us what the guest is looking for.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us in the Green Bay area.

Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The reception was fantastic and all aspects of service was perfect. The room was extremely comfortable. The facilities where better than anticipated and most importantly all staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dan P
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for completing the review on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. After reading your review I see you had a fantastic stay with us. I do want to let you know we appreciate the wonderful comments in regards to your stay as well as the positive comments pertaining to the staff. We also encourge our staff to visit the trip advisor website to review all guest comments in regards to their stay with us. I feel this is part of the learning process for our team.

We look forward to your next visit with us when you are in the Green bay area.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in for just an overnight. I arrived at about 3pm and my room wasn't ready so they upgraded me to a suite. I had family coming to visit, so the suite made it so much more comfortable for everyone. What a stroke of luck. We had a nice meal at the restaurant and then for some hot tubbing and swimming. It was great! Beckie was the greatest, friendly and helpful. The room was modern and sparkling clean. Very impressive. I will definitely stay there on future visits. The pool was small but everyone seemed to come in shifts so it didn't feel overcrowded.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank liz53012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for completing the review on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am glad that Becky could be of assistance to you and she helped make your stay enjoyable. we encourage our team members here to visit the trip advisor website to see what our guests are saying about their stays with us. I feel it is part of that learning process that is non stop.

We look forward to your next visit with us in the Green Bay area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a VERY nice Holiday Inn, newly updated and full service. The desk staff is very knowledgeable about local attractions and restaurants and the price is very reasonable.

The rooms are up to date, with great features and decor.

Great place to stay in Packer Town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JayLyons
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I am glad to see you and your family enjoyed your visit to the Green Bay area while staying with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. Thank you also for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your stay. as you have recognized our staff is well versed on the areas happenings as well as what Green bay also has to offer.

We look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Genoa City, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the king suite room. The hotel and room were beautiful and well cleaned, hotel staff very nice, room service timely and decently priced. Will definitely plan on staying there again. 5 stars all around!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lisa59907
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We look forward to guest feedback as we pride ourselves on our customer service.

we look forward to your next visit to the Gren bay area.