“Great Hotel ...but does need some improvement ..”

Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel ...but does need some improvement ..”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here at this hotel multiple times in last 6 months. I have also used different Rooms , King Suit, standard etc This is a new property and very unlike Holiday Inn hotel perception I had. The Rooms are generally spacious and clean. I loved King Suit they have. The staff is mostly very helpful. During one of my visits I reached hotel in midnight & I was checked in to Standard room. After checking in I realized it has one of those Window AC/Heater units and I asked for a change. The front desk person was very co-operative and she checked 4-5 rooms to find room with Central unit and helped me change my room. The food is also good . BUT - as I mentioned most rooms come with these loud WIndows AC/Heater units and it could be deal breaker (for me). But I also must point out that for whatever reasons most Hotels i this area come with Window units. I also had some trouble with Iron but it was replaced promptly. Overall it is very good hotel with good service but some improvements are welcome ...And if you can - Go for King Suit ......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Samkool
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We review the reviews we receive with out staff members and also encourge them to go to the trip advisor website and look at reviews from not only our hotel but others as well to see how are guests feel about their stays. I am glad to hear that the night auditor was able to assist you with your needs. Our staff does everything possible to make our guests feel comfortable. I do apologize for the noise issue with the air conditioning units. Again I am happy our auditor could assist you.

We do hope you will be staying with us again on your next trip to the Green Bay area.

Laura Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the second time we have used this hotel when visiting Green Bay for a Packers game. It's still quite a new-ish hotel and so the facilities are of a good standard.
The staff are great (although I think our English accents confuse them a little). Game weekends it gets very busy but the atmosphere isn't too loud if you want to avoid it. Although around 1-2 miles from Lambeau it isn't too hard to find, just head straight down S.Oneida street.
The free wireless is a nice feature and worked fine. Breakfast was good, with plenty of choices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshirePacker
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Good afternoon,

The staff at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Statium wishes to thank you for completing your review on your recent stay with us for a home Packer game. You are definitely correct when you state game weekends are busy; but the staff here enjoys the busy times and enjoys interacting with the many guests. we encourage or staff to review all comments from our guests so they can also see how our guests feel about their stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Madison, WI
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have to travel to GB a lot for business and I always choose this hotel. It is convenient, clean, and everything you want for a short stay in a hotel! I have stayed at pricier hotels in the area, but the beds are comfier and the internet works well which are my 2 most important factors for a stay.

1 Thank drag0nfli
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay with is in Green Bay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. We as a team strive to keep our guests 100% satisfied and pleased with their service whle staying with us. Thank you so much for the positive comments which i will pass on to our team here.

we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is very clean with a trendy feel. The bathroom looked new and was very, very nice! When I checked in, as a Priority Club member I was able to participate in a promotion game for club members and I won 500 Priority Club points! What a nice surprise! The wireless internet connection worked well during the afternoon hours, but really struggled in the evening hours. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

1 Thank EAW1228
LauraPhillips, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Good Afternoon,

The team at the Holiday Inn & Suites is happy to hear that you had such a great stay in Green Bay. I am glad to here that you got to enjoy the hotel and everything met your expectations. I am happy to hear that you will be recommending the hotel as well. Thank you so much for completing the review in regards to your recent stay with us. All comments are extremely important to the team hear.

we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was booked at the last minute so I did not get to fully experience all of the amenities at the hotel. I arrived late and check in was a breeze with great customer service! Thank you! The room was very nice and breakfast room service was very good! I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only two cons would be the wireless internet was a little slow and the door between the living area and bedroom is paned glass so it does not offer much privacy just as a note. Rooms were very modern, and clean!

Room Tip: I don't have any tips.
1 Thank Mstfyme
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am glad that you experience great customers at check in, our desk staff prides themselves on the service they provide to all of our guests. I will definitely check on the internet speed to verify that we are up to par on this.

Again thank you for the great comments and we do hope we will see you on your next visit to the Green bay area.

Should you have any questions, concerns or comments please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A lovely property, managed by some very friendly and courteous staff. We were there overnight for a pre-season game and the hotel (along with most others in the city) was pretty much booked up. What I really enjoyed was an almost festive atmosphere owing to the game night.
There is a nice bar/restaurant on the main floor – the bar is quite lively, and I haven’t seen ones like this in many Holiday Inn properties. It also opens up to a patio.
Our room was very modern and spacious, as was the bathroom. Doesn’t look like a terribly new property, but certainly very well refurbished if not newish.
When I asked for directions (and parking suggestions) to the stadium, I was told that there is a free bus that the city runs to and from the stadium and the bus stop was right at the rear entrance of the hotel. How convenient! We took the bus – free of all parking hassles – and were able to comfortably take the one back. What a great arrangement.
On a related note (this was our first time in Green Bay) – by far one of the friendliest people I have encountered in any town. The experience at the game was so much more enjoyable because of this.
Overall – a very nice hotel in a lovely, friendly town. Would highly recommend and definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Haff
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Good Afternoon,

So many wonderful comments in regards to your stay. Our team is happy to see that you enjoyed all areas of not only the hotel but the city as well. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to lets us know how your stay with us was. We appreciate all feedback that we receive.

Hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to the green bay area.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The check-in was not as inviting. The pool is small, the rooms were nice. I left my make-up bag after check out.

I called the hotel and the rep said they did find it and They will mail it to me. I got my bag but my Urban Decay "Naked Pallette" and My MAC foundation was missing! I am very upset, why mail me my things if you are going to steal some of my makeup. It is $200 worth of makeup missing, very disappointing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent visit to Green Bay and your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Green By Stadium. Management at the Holiday Inn and Suites Green Bay feel all guest feedback is extremely important for the team to be successful.

I do want to let you know that we continually are working with our team on guest service and the importance of guest service. I do apologize that your check-in experience was not inviting as expected. Any feedback in regards to this concern would be greatly appreciated. As far the pool we are aware that the pool is smaller, we try to work with the size of the pool as much as possible with our groups that come in. Typically we are a corporate hotel the majority of the week which the pool size does not affect these travelers. Unfortunately with the leisure and family business on the weekends the pool does have its drawbacks for larger parties. I also want to let you know that I do apologize for the items that you left behind at check out. Our process for lost and found items is typically a very reliable one and we have never had any issues with items missing previously. The housekeeper presents the lost and found items to the executive housekeeper who in hand delivers the tagged items to the front desk who logs the items into a spreadsheet. I did speak to each person involved in this process for your stay and I do feel that our process was successful.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns. Again we pride ourselves on our customer service and do what we can to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable comfortable stay when they are with us.