“Comfort plus great location!”

SpringHill Suites Green Bay
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Buffalo, NY
“Comfort plus great location!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the SHS for one night on a recent business trip.

The hotel itself is fairly new. The lobby is beautiful with lots of tables and chairs for relaxing or visiting with friends or family. There is even a fully stocked bar in the lobby area, unusual for a SHS (but probably a necessity for Packers games). Check-in was easy and I was even asked if I had a floor preference.

I was on the fourth floor and the suite was large. There were two TVs - one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The couch was quite comfy for watching TV. As usual, I appreciated the mini-fridge and the microwave. The bathroom was a good size and had a very nice shelving piece on the wall where I could put some of my toiletries. The bed was very comfortable. I have to point out the window blind in the bedroom. There are gauzy curtains on the window, but then there is a window blind that comes down and actually slides into a slot on the bottom, thus completely blocking out all outside light. This is such an improvement over blackout curtains (which always seem to let in some light). I was impressed.

The fitness room was very well equipped for a mid size hotel. There were 2 Precor ellipticals, 2 Precor bikes, 2 treadmills, a weight machine, free weights, and balls and mats. The room is open 24/7, which is a huge plus in my book. It was also well equipped with towels and water/cups. They could have used some sanitizing wipes. There is also a small indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Of course, the hotel is located within walking distance of Lambeau. It is across the street from Brett Favre's restaurant, and adjacent to a sports bar/restaurant. I had dinner at Favre's and it was quite good and surprisingly reasonably priced. The bayou pasta was filled with andouille sausage, crawfish pieces, and shrimp. It was easily enough for two. The service was also excellent.

I highly recommend this SHS to anyone visiting Green Bay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the flattering and detailed review of our hotel. I am sure many travelers will find your thorough description of our many great amenities to be very helpful to them when choosing a hotel in Green Bay. We hope you stay with us again the next time you find yourself in Green Bay on business!

greenbayagm@hp-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here got Family Night weekend at Lambeau and were very Impressed with the price, location and the service. I had made a reservation early and the cost of our room was very low compared to what I was finding other hotels for that weekend. We had a king suite with plenty of room for the two of us and our son and a beautiful Lambeau Field view. We had stayed at the Green Bay Fairfield Inn the weekend before and for the price slightly preferred this hotel. One word of advice if you're coming from the Packers game your car please ask the best directions to get back to the hotel. The hotel is close to the stadium but they shut the streets down afterwards and it makes it more difficult to find. Walking may be a good option for you depending on the weather.

Room Tip: Our king suite was Perfect for the three of us. We had our privacy and plenty of room to spread out...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for the flattering review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly converted SpringHill Suites. We hope you choose to make our hotel your go to place to stay in Green Bay!

Solon Springs, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very Clean, great rooms, friendly staff and great location if going to Packer game. There is alot within walking distance. Be watchful of room charge, they tried charging $10 a night more than I made the reservation for.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites! It really is a great place to stay during Packer season. I apologize for the mistake on the rate. I assure you it wasn't intentional. We had many reservations to transfer through different reservation systems during our brand transition. I'm glad that you were able to catch the rate inconsistency, so we could correct it. We hope you choose to visit us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently went to visit a friend in Green Bay & stayed at this hotel for 1 night. What a lovely hotel! I was greeted as soon as I entered & was impressed by all of the food items available for purchase. My room was perfect - 2 huge beds, a couch, a spacious bathroom - it almost felt like I had 2 rooms! I slept in so I missed the free breakfast in the morning, but I requested & was given a late check-out (which is always appreciated). All this along with free internet & free parking at a very reasonable price, absolutely no complaints! I would stay here again & highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Green Bay. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel! We certainly hope to become your hotel of choice for all future visits to Green Bay as well.

Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Formerly the Cambria Suites they have now become Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Located centrally downtown in Green Bay the hotel is very clean and quaint. Guests can come here and expect to be able to rest as the hotel is very quiet. Patrons are offered a free buffet breakfast from 6-9am. You have an assortment of cereal's as well as eggs and salsa--a very nice complementary service. Each floor is well maintained, and wi-fi is not an issue. The rooms come equipped with a small microwave and refrigerator and in the lobby you can purchase an array of snacks if hungry. The surrounding area also has some eateries but they are located on a thoroughfare. This is not a "party" area but very nice if in Green Bay on business. I am issuing 4 circles due to the hotel's hospitality, cleanliness, and morning breakfast. Coming to Green Bay? Make Spring Hill Suites your lodging choice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! I am sure many travelers will find your detailed description of our current amenities helpful when choosing a hotel in the area. We hope you continue to make the SpringHill Suites your hotel of choice when you visit Green Bay.

Halstead, Kansas
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was a Cambria Suites. We stayed twice in the past week, on 2 separate stays, and I waited until after the 2nd stay to write the review. On both recent stays, the hotel was dirty. The dining area carpet was dirty and most of the common areas were dirty. Our room was nice enough, although as a Cambria, it was much nicer. The hotel staff isn't as nice or helpful, either. Marriott redecorated, but not for the better. It's like they "dumbed down" the hotel. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
I apologize that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the newly opened SpringHill Suites. Much of our staff has remained the same from the days that we were a Cambria Suites, and we still strive to give our guests that same level of service. In your case we seemed to have failed to do so. I appreciate your feedback, and we do hope you give us another chance in the future.

Webster, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, this hotel was excellent. It had just converted to the SpringHill name when we stayed there, and all renovations were complete. We stayed in a very spacious 2-bedroom suite with a view of Lambeau Field - and since our primary reason to visit Green Bay was the stadium tour, it was nice to have the view. If you are staying in the 2-bedroom suite, please note that only one of the bedrooms has a door - the other just has a privacy wall between it and the living room. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the A/C worked well to keep the room cool. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the hotel offers a large fitness center and pool/whirlpool area that isn't as hot and uncomfortable as most. The free breakfast included fresh fruit and nutella - not often found at hotel breakfasts! And they had pre-packaged to-go breakfasts if you couldn't stop to eat. They do have some kinks to work out, however. The breakfast area had exactly one 2-slice toaster. Hardly enough on a busy morning. And a single salt shaker, no packets of salt. The silverware was giant-sized, too! The lighting in the bathroom left a lot to be desired, and the room itself seemed sparse (especially living room furniture - could have used a chair and some additional artwork/wall decor). Also, it was a real challenge to use the hotel's luggage cart, as there is no convenient ramp to wheel it down - mostly curb except by the handicapped parking, which is a bit of walk depending on where you're parked. Overall, however, we enjoyed our three nights here and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly opened SpringHill Suites. Isn't it great to visit Green Bay and be able to wake up with a view of Lambeau Field? I am sure that many people will find your detailed review helpful. We sincerely hope your choose to stay with us again if you ever find yourself back in Green Bay!