“A bit disappointed”

Titletown Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 468 Restaurants in Green Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Titletown delivers an experience with its passion for craft beer. When you visit Titletown expect to find at least twelve of our own craft beers on tap. A mix between our core and seasonal beers, we offer quality and variety that cannot be matched. We offer free brewery tours, we just ask you call ahead to schedule a tour.Our Executive Chef delivers an experience through food. Quality made from scratch dishes; line the menu at Titletown with a pub flare. Try some Titletown Classics like our Pan Fried Walleye, Spicy Elk Burger or our signature Cranberry Turkey Melt. Our Carrot Cake or our Black and Tan Brownie are the perfect end to any meal and are enough for two. Green Bay is one of the greatest places to live (we may be a little biased) we love the people, the culture and the community. We love to meet out-of-towners and share our passion for craft beer, delicious food and great service.
Gardiner, Maine
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The beer was good but atmosphere a little below what we expected, and service was mediocre. Note we did not eat, only came for drinks, so I can't comment on the food. The Rye the Helles beer was excellent.

1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain8180
Brent W, Owner at Titletown Brewing Company, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks for your review about your visit. Sorry that the service and atmosphere were not up to par. If there is any more information you can give us on how we can approve we would really appreciate it. Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you again.

N.Calif
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Followed Trip Advisor reviews to this restaurant and was not let down. I'm still full 5 hours later. The Root Beer was very, very good. Food was over the top in flavor and quanity.
Dennis and Vickie
N.E. Calif

1 Thank spiderman_8
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are still full! Thanks for stopping by, we really appreciate it. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Impressive food quality, excellent service”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I ate at Titletown last week. We'd been there before for drinks, a wedding reception, and to play pool but had never actually eaten in the dining room. That's too bad because the food and service was excellent.

On a busy weekend, we were immediately seated by our kind host. Our server Eli (csu), was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. We had the nachos as an appetizer. I liked them but thought they'd been sitting for a few minutes as the cheese had begun to noticeably cool. Very tasty though. My wife didn't share my enthusiasm but she can write her own review if she feels the need to. She had one or two bites. After many nachos, I ended up leaving about half the tray as it was getting cold and our food arrived shortly after.

I ordered the soup of the day (chicken dumpling), a turkey club, and a shrimp po' boy. I figured for the price I couldn't lose. My wife had the steak. Everything was delicious. I was surprised by how well everything was put together, especially for the price. In a way, I'm glad this place and it's crew isn't in my hometown because I might just live in the dining room. The soup was fantastic- we even got a bowl to go. Wealso took most of my po-boy, turkey club, and half of my wife's steak dinner to go. Not a bad deal for the 70'ish meal ticket (including many strong drinks) we paid.

Short of our less-than-ideal nachos (which is by no means a deal breaker), everything was excellent. If I could give Titletown a 4.9 rating, I would but a 5 will suffice for this visit. Do yourself a favor and stop in here. You won't regret it. There's a reason the place is rated as high as it is.

1 Thank Hang L
Thank you for taking time to give us your review. Sorry about the Nachos not being up to par and being a bit cool, we will make sure to work on that. Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Beautiful place for a date or a few beers”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Titletown is one of the best restaurants in Green Bay; not only because of its legendary name, but also the experience enjoyed by all who enter.

The first thing to catch your eye is the brewery, they keep a few of their more common beers in stock, and also put seasonal and new craft beers into rotation often. Their beers are amazingly well made and have won many awards. I would recommend Johnny "Blood" Red or the Helmet Dark ales, these are always my personal favorites.

The food is all made from scratch and is all pretty original. There are also seasonal menus for food. I would recommend the PB Burger, believe it or not peanut butter on a burger is delicious! They have lots of other homestyle dishes and burgers, breads, soups, sandwiches, steaks, etc.

The service is always friendly, quick, and clean. The building is an old train station so while you are waiting for your food there is plenty of nostalgia to enjoy.

The price is pretty common for specialty-style brewery/restaurants, but is not at all unreasonable. Two meals with an appetizer, a couple drinks and a tip should all wrap up right around 40 bucks.

If you haven't been there yet, you need to go. The experience will have you coming back to try new and wonderful food whenever you go out!

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we did,we appreciate it. Thank you so much for your nice compliments about our food and beer. We are happy to hear you had a great time with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks

Brent W
GLADSTONE
“Would return.”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Found this wonderful restaurant on Trip Advisor (once again!) and was not dissapointed. The food was excellent. The only drawback was our waiter. We have been to other brewpubs and do offer the regular beers and had ordered 2. The waiter made me feel like a complete idiot with the way he handled the situation. Telling me "we are a brewpub and don't have those". Felt it could have been handled better. Will go back next time we are in town!

• Visited September 2012
Brent W, Owner at Titletown Brewing Company, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
First, sorry about your experience you had with your waiter. We would like to apologize for that and do not find it acceptable at all. If you do not mind we will would like to send you a private message so we can discuss this further.

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how we did, and sorry about the poor experience.