“Yummy little vegetarian coffee shop”
Review of Kavarna

Kavarna
Ranked #39 of 474 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Kavarna Coffeehouse is a cafe in Green Bay's Broadway District. We offer a mix of sandwiches, pitas, wraps and salads--using many local ingredients when the seasons cooperate. We have an espresso bar, a full time baker, and a lot of space to get things done--the New York Times called us, "cavernous," in their feature on 36 Hours in Green Bay.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my family here, and my meat and potatoes kind of guy husband said that he liked what he ordered (although he also said that he would have rather have gone somewhere else. The sweet potato fries are baked, not fried, and the wasabi dip is delicious. I got the chai shake and it was fabulous - the kids were jealous - and everyone else enjoyed their smoothies. My kids asked to go back for breakfast. I also thought the building was neat.

1  Thank psuahr
There are newer reviews for Kavarna

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Love the high ceilings and brick walls, lots of space, and tables to relax and have coffee and .....

The food is healthy and so good - the Gypsy Veg soup I had was one of the best Gypsy soups I've ever tasted. Had a sandwich from the Deli (also inside the building) - wonderful bread!

So glad to have found a place like this in Green Bay for my visits "back home" Deli closes earlier than the coffeehouse.
920-430-3200

2  Thank 414gottago
Reviewed May 21, 2013

There are many pros and cons to this place.

Pros: Some of the best coffee I've had in Green Bay... if you get the right employee making it for you. I've had GREAT coffee from here and I've had terrible coffee from here. It's a shame that it's so hit or miss. It never used to be like that. As a former barista, I know what my drink should taste like! Locally owned, which is always a plus. I love the atmosphere- hip, beautiful building, casual, with no real 'type' of customer. Kids area downstairs. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are awesome so more people can dine here. My favorites are the southwestern wrap, feta portabella and egg wraps. I also greatly appreciate that much of the produce is locally-sourced when possible!

Cons: Again, the hit or miss coffee. If I'm spending $4-5 on a drink, I want it made right. The bakery leaves much to be desired. Everything LOOKS great, but after much trial and error, I've decided looks can be deceiving. I've had far too many hard, stale bakery from this place. After speaking to an employee, I was educated on the fact that most of their bakery is made on the premises, however, it's frozen shortly after being baked and taken out for sale when needed. The cupcakes can be sitting out for 2-3 days before you eat them. Um... if I'm spending $3.95 on a cupcake (which I think is ridiculous to begin with), it better be made that day! I've also found far too many HAIRS in my pie. The bakery is a complete miss.

1  Thank wiscomamacita
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the best coffee shop in Green Bay. I love the little kids area down below. I can sit and have coffee while my son plays and doesn't bother anyone.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Menu and food were very good, all veg options and Alterra coffee. Front feels very much like a cozy local coffee place but as you go toward the back it becomes more like a warehouse. The second level is ok for dining, but not a warm feeling and the far last section was very unappealing for me and my family. Tables didn't were not very clean. Small but well stocked play area for the kids with toys and books.