“Good veg option, large coffee house feel”

Kavarna Coffeehouse
Ranked #42 of 484 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Kavarna Coffeehouse is a cafe in Green Bay's Broadway District. We offer a mix of sandwiches, pitas, wraps and salads--using many local ingredients when the seasons cooperate. We have an espresso bar, house made bakery, and a lot of space to get things done--the New York Times even called us "cavernous" once.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Menu and food were very good, all veg options and Alterra coffee. Front feels very much like a cozy local coffee place but as you go toward the back it becomes more like a warehouse. The second level is ok for dining, but not a warm feeling and the far last section was very unappealing for me and my family. Tables didn't were not very clean. Small but well stocked play area for the kids with toys and books.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Kavarna is one of my favorite coffee / lunch places in Green Bay. Its right downtown in a historic districts that has received a lot of loving attention (what was once full of cheap, crappy bars and bums has turned into restored buildings with shops and restaurants) The coffee/tea is great as is the food. Although it is a vegetarian restaurant, if its meat you are want, Parisi's Deli is just on the other side of the counter (in the same building and owned by the same people) and has wonderful sandwiches as well as local cheeses and meats to take home. The clientele tends to be business people /students with lap tops but its also a favorite for lunch ladies & young mom's/ dad's as it is child friendly with a play area in the back part of the restaurant. The only complaint I would have is the service can be slow at peak times - although the staff is very friendly. If you are in a hurry and its noon I might consider going somewhere else.

1  Thank Diney521
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It is always nice going to Kavarna for a nice hot cup of coffee and a delicious sandwich or wrap. Parisi deli ( in the same building) also has yummy food. What is not great is that the seating is extremely limited...people come and sit there for hours on end and there is often no room to sit if you are there for lunch. There is seating on a lower level- but that is often overrun with moms and kids. Overall I like Kavarna- but wish there was a better arrangement for those of us who are actually spending money to eat and drink coffee.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I really don't know what the hype is all about at this cafe.
This was my fifth visit, each visit I figure it must be a off day for them with the servers being rude.
The prices are high and nothing above average in the menu.
When in Green Bay, I will stick to Starbucks where the service is with a smile which is important to me when I want to enjoy a good latte with friendly people.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I frequent Kavarna ( and Parisi's) weekly. I have been a loyal customer since they opened in the original location. I must say, when they moved to the bigger location, I was a bit nervous because so many places go bigger and quality goes down. NOT the case here....excellent food, amazing baked treats, and a wonderful selection of vegetarian delights. Not a vegetarian? Don't worry, right next door is Parisi's an Italian style deli with wonderful sandwiches that is open mid day. Kavarna serves Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh, and yes it is a coffee shop that has all the favorite coffee drinks and teas that you would expect and more. They are also very much into "buy local", which is another great reason to support Kavarna.....it's a local gem. They have musicians, Craft Cartel, and a winters farmer's market. Order at the counter, they bring it to you, and you clear the table after ( please) I hope they are around for a very long time and keep doing what they have been doing, creating fresh local food that is delicious.