“Not next time”

Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Not next time”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. The first time our room had wallpaper border peeling off and falling down the wall, and the king size bed seemed tiny compared to other king size beds in other hotels. We were in town to visit family and only staying one night so no big deal. We just thought we got a bad room. A week ago we had to stay in Green Bay again for a wedding. This time we had to stay for two nights during a Packer home game weekend. Not knowing the area and with many places booked solid I decided to do a "hail Mary" and give it another try.

This time the room was the same except the wallpaper border was much worse, the carpet seemed dirty, the bathroom fan did not work, and the bed was so hard I spent both nights switching from the bed to the couch, to the chair trying to get some sleep. The folks above us seemed to jog back and forth in the room for hours at a time. After a while we decided they must have been exercising their livestock. I asked friends who were also staying in the hotel if they had any noise issues from the rooms above theirs and they all shared the same complaint. The party atmosphere of the Packer game made for much loud talking and running in the halls. We left early on checkout day and skipped the imitation eggs because the breakfast room was packed solid with Packer fans and I was more interested in getting back across the state and maybe trying to get some sleep.

The bill for this two-night stay was $332 and change. Yikes! I guess with the Packer home game you can charge whatever you want. If it had been my choice I would not stay in Green Bay on a Home game weekend, but it was not.

I did fill out the hotels online survey after I got back home and to their credit they did respond and offer me 25% off my next nights stay, but I will pass. I have stayed in many, many hotels including other Country Inns in the Midwest. This one was a disappointment to say the least.

Next time I will stay someplace else after checking Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a room on the top floor and make sure you can open you windows. The upp...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is this feedback from valued guests, such as yourself, that enables us to continue to offer the best quality and service possible. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we are in the process of removing the Wallpaper Borders from all of our Guest Rooms as well as Shampooing the Carpeting in each. I have also shared your comments with our entire Staff as well as our Management Team. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cloquet
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were fortunate to stay a Sunday evening when vacancy was far from full. I was not recognized as a Club Carlson Elite member, but that is becoming far more normal. We booked the 2 bedroom suite, which in reality is the normal room with 2 twin beds and a bedroom off the side with a king bed. The suite was comfortable for our needs. Stay was very quiet, I'm sure due to the lack of bookings for the night. Pool area was nice, again, not busy at all, so we were able to enjoy quietly. Breakfast was better than normal, but unfortunately a little cold (biscuits, eggs, and ham). I would have no problem recommending this Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FarmGirl62
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that our Family Suite worked out well for you! However, I do sincerely apologize that you did not feel recognized as an Elite Member in our loyalty program. It should not be the "norm", and I will definitely use your experience as a coaching tool for our Front Desk Staff. I will also be sure to pass your concerns about Breakfast with the rest of our Management team. On behalf of our entire staff, I thank you for choosing to stay at our property and hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you back to our area!
Kansas City
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice property. Clean and well kept. I think the hotel was pretty well full the weekend we were there. Breakfast buffet was good. The only problem we had was finding parking. The parking lot always seemed to be full.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and I will be sure to pass along your great comment to our Breakfast and Housekeeping Staff!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our experience with Country Inn & Suites has been consistently good and this was a no exception. Check in was easy, our room was neat and clean, staff were friendly and helpful. When I inquired about a place to eat, she recommended a place nearby and we were delighted with the meal. Two elevators meant very short waiting. Bed was super comfortable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our entire staff! We hope to see you soon if your travels ever bring you to Green Bay again!
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The non-smoking room smells like smoke - actually, it smells more like years of smoke that someone thought would not smell of smoke if they sprayed cheap room deoderizer to disguise the original odor. For those of us with a great sense of smell, hotels should note that NOTHING disguises the odor; however hard-wood or ceramic floors do help reduce the capture of those odors; as does replacing the linens, lampshades, wall coverings and any other furnishings containing fabric. Thanks Country Inn & Suites, for the sinus infection, by the way.

The guestroom was spacious, but the upoholstery gives the appearance of 1960's-1970's decor. The parking is insufficient. And do allow at least 5 extra minutes just to get to the interstate-despite the hotel being so closely situtated to I-94 that you can hear the traffic-because of the unnecessarily circuitous route required to access it.

The guestroom was also full of carpet and chair stains, but at least this hotel did not attempt to disguise those stains by equipping the room with dim lighting, as many other chains do. It helps to see where the filth is, so we guests can avoid sitting or sleeping in those spaces or on those surfaces.

The oatmeal was already so stiff, you needed a knife to cut through it only 1 hour after the breakfast buffet opened, and that's if you dare to name that small assortment of mostly processed, fat-laden and flavorless crap a buffet. It does, literally, meet Webster's definition of a buffet (a meal laid out on a table or sideboard so that guests may serve themselves), but there was nothing appealing or appetizing from which to select, unless your idea of a full breakfast is a cup of coffee and juice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank R S
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is this feedback from valued guests, such as yourself, that enables us to continue to offer the best quality and service possible. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that this is not typical of our property, and I have shared your comments with our entire Staff as well as our Management Team. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Green Bay hotels

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room was clean, large, neat and orderly. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Good and hot water for shower. Breakfast was typical Country Inn - no problems. Staff very friendly. Only a couple little things - the carpet in the room needed a good cleaning or maybe replacement, and TV's have not yet been updated to flat screen. I stay a couple times a year on business and always pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B W
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your Guest Room, as well as your stay. On behalf of the entire staff, we thank you and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed here several times before and have always enjoyed my stay. Hotel is clean, quiet, and breakfast is good although during busy times they could use more coffee and help keeping the food items available. The TV sets in the rooms are dated from the 90's and are of poor picture quality. Overall this is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem about the same.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good overall experience. However, apologize for the concerns you had regading your stay, and can assure you that I have shared these with our Management Team. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.