“St. Brendan's Inn, a jewel in Green Bay”

St. Brendan's Irish Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Green Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2008

St. Brendan's Inn is quite a treasure on the water in Green Bay WI. The rooms are hugh. Ours was divided into a bedroom and large sitting area by half walls. The room was beautifully decorated. The hugh bath included a jacuzzi and enormous walk in shower. We were concerned that the pub directly below us would be a problem -- both because of smells and sounds -- but neither was a problem. The room was incredibly quiet.

If we return to Green Bay we will definately come back here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed April 9, 2008

I travel to Green Bay for work often and have been trying several hotels looking for a good place to stay. I have found it at St. Brendan's Inn. I spent a week there in December, and another night in March, and I am looking forward to my next trip so I can stay there again.

The front desk staff is very nice and helpful, even bright and early in the morning. The rooms are beautifully decorated, but the best part is the whirlpool tub and walk-in rain shower. I always hate hotel bathrooms, but this place is the exception. The tub and shower are open to the room, so you will want to make sure you stay with someone you like! The beds are comfortable, and overall it is very quiet. I have heard a little hallway noise when someone comes up from the bar late at night, but nothing that you wouldn't experience elsewhere.

There is breakfast included with the stay, and they even have someone who makes an omelet for you, which is a nice touch. I am not a big breakfast eater, so it is nice to have a small breakfast and not pay out the nose for it.

This property is fun to stay at..... you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Hello,

My wife and I just returned from a 2 night stay at St. Brendans Inn where we stayed for my birthday and to catch a Packers Game. The room we had - 315 - was very spacious and well appointed -however the bathroom needs some work. The shower stall area has been poorly designed and as such water from the overhead shower sprays onto the tiles in the main bathroom - not so good for the floor or the wood trim as is evident with the paint peeling off the wood. As well, the corner ceramic shelf in the shower had been badly damaged by a previous guest and someone had tried to put it back together with all cracks showing and one large piece in the corner missing with water collecting in the bottom of it. The heater in the bathroom is a mystery completely and at least in December when we were there, the bathroom ends up freezing. The restaurant/pub has excellent food, however service is really mixed. Only in house guests can make reservations, and when we went down on our first night we were told it would be a 15 minute wait and to check back with him at that time (some form of manager), when we did we were then told it would be about an additional 45 minutes to get a table - ugh! We were finally sat when he found out we were in house guests (I personally dislike the fact that an in house guest gets preferential treatment - it should be the same for all) and had as I mentioned earlier a very good meal. The next night after the game (Sunday) there were not as many staff around - not sure why as even I could have anticipated it being busy after the game - and we were sat immediately and then had my wifes appie arrive before mine, when we finally asked where mine was it was said it would be out momentarily - then 15 minutes later was told another waitress had taken the dish to another table so they were redoing the dish. Finally when it came out (about 40 minutes after our arrival) within 3 minutes another waitress arrived at our table with our mains when I had just started the appie -not cool. Place has great potential but all weekend there didn't seem to be anyone of authority or strength around and a very casual atmosphere amongst staff - needs work unfortunately. One final thing for Canadian travellers - although we have gotten used to non-smoking in public places in a lot of spots across the country - this is a big smoking town and the pub in the inn has a large amount of cigarette and cigar smokers - it is a real shock if not used to it.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tofino
Reviewed September 19, 2007

My wife and I recently stayed one night at St. Brendan's Inn to celebrate my 60th birthday. I had looked at their web site and thought it would be a nice quiet place to stay. All I can say is WOW!!! From the moment we checked in to when we left the next morning we just had a wonderful experience. Walking in we were greeted with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. When we entered our room we were stunned by how beautiful it was. A comfortable leather recliner, queen size bed, a two-person whirlpool tub and a walk in rain shower. All quality stuff. We then went downstairs and sat at the bar. The bartender and manager were very friendly- bought me a drink for my birthday- we had a few Irish beers and a very relaxing time. We then went for a walk along the Fox River. You can see that the city of Green Bay is really trying to spruce up their downtown area. There was a brick walking and bicycle path along the river that stretched for miles. Dinner at the Inn was excellent. All in all a great way to spend a quiet, romantic evening with your spouse.
Oh! And don't forget to visit the Captain's Walk winery located just a short walk away. They open at 11am for tastings.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2007

For adults looking for something a little different in a nice way, this is the place for you. No pool, no sauna, no hot tubs(except the one in your room), no kids to speak of---just a nice Irish Pub, eatery and inn to spend a relaxing evening. Be sure to take advantage of their on "line specials"--- 2 drinks per person, 2 omelettes your way breakfasts and a comfortable room for $100.00. Tough too beat.

There is even a walking trail along the Fox RIver for exercise and relaxing strolls. No I am not an employee of the place, just a happy customer.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KAYDEN
Reviewed June 10, 2007

Outstanding new Irish Inn. Lovely rooms with unique layout and rainfall shower. Outstanding Irish food at the restaurant, and friendly Irish service. The best and most original place to stay in Green Bay. Quaint size with only about 25 rooms. 5 stars plus!

Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank eschuber
Reviewed December 19, 2006

The hotel does not reserve rooms over the internet for game day weekends so I went through the tourism department, [--] and made reservation for this hotel. It was a nice, quiet, and clean hotel that was just lovely! The staff was helpful in giving us advice for attending the Packer's game -where to park, tailgating, etc. The restaurant food was really good - attentive wait staff but not overbearing, fresh seafood, and good variety. When we come back for another game, we will stay here.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple