“Pay for the name and the atmosphere...”
Review of Brett Favre's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Brett Favre's Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hall of Fame Chophouse features future Hall-of-Famers and champions with great food and drink in a setting filled with Packer memorabilia, trophies, photographs and more.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was actually my fourth trip to Brett's steakhouse, but my first time as a paying customer. The other times were for client dinners or corporate events.

We were seated right away and noted my arrival time because I planned to review this trip. The facts of the visit are not that great, but I am pretty fair with my review. We arrived at 7:15 and left at 8:45. A bus was in the parking lot but that group was eating when we arrived, not too many other cars in the lot.

0 minutes - time from arrival to being seated.
13 minutes - time from being seated to take our drink order.
25 minutes - time from being seated to getting our drinks.
37 minutes - time from being seated to the waiter coming out to the table with a platter of raw meat to show us the steaks and seafood (we had 37 minutes with the menu, we knew what we wanted)
45 minutes - time from being seated to the waiter took our order!!!
60 minutes from arrival to our food being on the table.
15 minutes we were finished eating, Friday fish was mediocre, nothing special about the jambalaya.
15 minutes to pay for our food.

From a Green Bay resident perspective:
Food price: Whoa!
Food quality: Good (Friday fish special, Favre's Jambalaya)
Service: he tried, but not very good
Atmosphere: obviously an ode to Favre with gift shop and memorabilia.

1  Thank AdamGBWI

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My daughter's Wisconsin reception was held here (she was married in California but many relatives and friends were unable to attend). We received great service by both the bar and wait staff, food was exactly as we ordered and our guests commented on the quality of the presentation and variety.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I don't expect much from celebrity steakhouses - I know I'm going to pay a lot for who knows what quality. For my NY Strip, I got a slab of meat and a giant bowl of mashed potatoes - it looked like it was put together by a junior high student. The staff congregated at one end of the bar, and getting a refill (in an empty barroom at 4 pm on a Thursday) was a task.

The piece of meat was good because it was a good cut, which is fine. But there was no chef work done to it, to the plate, the potatoes, the presentation - in other words, if I can do it at my house on a Foreman grill, I sort of feel robbed paying $30 for it just because Favre's name's on the place.

Spent some coin in the giftshop and the recipients loved the gifts. It's one of those places you go to say you've been, and that's what I did, but for all the novelty, it's grossly overpriced.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just my husband and myself enjoyed the Mother's Day Brunch. The service was excellent - the servers were very attentive. My husband needed someone to assist him with holding his dinner plate. The young lady did an outstanding job. The selection of food was very good and the food that was supposed to be served hot was hot. Often in a buffet some of the food gets cold. We definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Recently we enjoyed the most enjoyable dining experience one could imagine! We were greeted by Kimberly who made us feel welcome! The manager, Ryan, also greeted us with a smile and fun conversation! Our server, Zac, was great and very helpful with our meal selections! We had very tasty meals...prime rib and spinich stuffed chicken. Truly outstanding!!!!! Ryan and Zac made extended efforts to show us Farve's pictures and awards! What an enjoyable evening! A class dining experience!