“Hinterland is a hidden gem”
Review of Hinterland

Hinterland
Reserve with OpenTable
Hinterland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 484 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Hinterland..the hub of contemporary American cuisine in Green Bay, WI. Executive Chefs, Ben Raupp and Kelly Qualley, explore a multicultural approach to cooking and eating. Their journey to create bold flavors and uncommon pairings is a daily mission at Hinterland.Private Dining..Our lounge is the perfect space for your next rehearsal dinner, birthday celebration, holiday party, or business dinner. With seating for large groups, a fully-stocked bar, built-in LCD projector and big screen, Hinterland's private lounge is sure to impress. Catering..Let us bring the experience and sterling reputation of Hinterland directly to your door. Whether you're entertaining 20 guests or 500, Hinterland delivers the finest catering services available. Let your imagination wander, giant South African prawns, authentic wood fire grilled Kobe beef tenderloin, the sky's the limit. Not only will we provide a professional and friendly staff but you'll have our team of chef's at your complete disposal.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my colleagues there recently for a business dinner after a long day of travel and meetings. We were not disappointed at all. Hinterland was suggested by readers of Chow.com for it's locavore menu and craft beer and they nailed it on both accounts. it doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside was a unique combination of metro and rustic. We got there early on a Monday (4:30) so the servers were quite attentive. Our business attire probably didn't hurt either. The server suggested tasting a variety of appetizers a la chef's choice, since there were 5 of us. All of the appetizers were good, but the pork belly and cheddar grits won first place in my book. I think everyone was very satisfied with their entree, but the guy who got the rib-eye I think was the happiest. I ordered the pork tenderloin, which I could only qualify as average. I don't order pork much and was a little let down. Three others ordered fish dishes and were happy. I was surprised by fish entrees like wahoo and marlin being available in the Midwest so early in the season. I would have liked to take more time to enjoy more of their beers, but as I was driving, I could only try an IPA and a nitrogen draught. Both were good, but the IPA clearly was superior. If I were paying out of pocket, I would be more conscious about the costs, but since this was a business dinner I paid little attention. The prices were definitely more like "big city" prices than most places in GB I think. All entrees were above $30. Our tab was probably over $300 for 5 diners.

1  Thank DinnerTroll

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

With a name like hinterland I would have expected a menu stuffed with Schnitzel and sausages but it has none of it. We had a bunch of appetizers for dinner. They had happy hour till 7 even on Saturday which included $2 of pizzas and (cheaper beer?)

We had the 4 cheese pizza and it was great. A nice balance of tangy cheese and sweet honey with a great crust

The boudin balls were okay, only the second time I have had it before and maybe it's just not my cup of tea. Seamed like a small order just 3 of them

The calamari was great. Very tender.

The Korean BBQ short ribs were outstanding. Great flavor, super tender, outstanding

I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the appetizers.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hinterland is the best fine dining restaurant in Green Bay (Chefusion I would rate as #2)
Chef Kelly does a masterful job.
We are never disappointed in the meal, menu selections, service or atmosphere.

2  Thank esse1
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The two times I've eaten here the food has been very good and the beer is also great, it is just too expensive. I spent 75.00 for dinner and a couple of beers (just myself). This is also one of the few restaurants in GB that I got the "you're not from around here" treatment. I must be fair, I thought the food and beer were very good, but just very expensive. They serve more of a higher end restaurant menu, it is not bar food. I found, and also talking to others from the area, that it always is a little pretentious. My bottom line on Hinterland is, I'm on an expense account and I just don't like to come here, just didn't have the right vibe for me.

1  Thank Don M
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a good restaurant but they were out of the wine we wanted and then overcharged us for the wine we got. Food was great.