“Good Food, HORRIBLE Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hinterland

Hinterland
Reserve with OpenTable
Hinterland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 462 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Hinterland..the hub of contemporary American cuisine in Green Bay, WI. Executive Chefs, Ben Raupp and Kelly Qualley, explore a multicultural approach to cooking and eating. Their journey to create bold flavors and uncommon pairings is a daily mission at Hinterland.Private Dining..Our lounge is the perfect space for your next rehearsal dinner, birthday celebration, holiday party, or business dinner. With seating for large groups, a fully-stocked bar, built-in LCD projector and big screen, Hinterland's private lounge is sure to impress. Catering..Let us bring the experience and sterling reputation of Hinterland directly to your door. Whether you're entertaining 20 guests or 500, Hinterland delivers the finest catering services available. Let your imagination wander, giant South African prawns, authentic wood fire grilled Kobe beef tenderloin, the sky's the limit. Not only will we provide a professional and friendly staff but you'll have our team of chef's at your complete disposal.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Good Food, HORRIBLE Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been to Hinterland several times. I have always enjoyed the food- the seafood is always fresh and well prepared. The atmosphere is warehousey and dim which is not a negative or a positive. I typically order beer and wine. Their brewery beer is good but not the best I've ever had. Wine selection is decent, but pricy. On my last visit I ordered a gin cocktail with lavender. Really? for 9 dollars I would expect to taste some gin. Apparently not here. My boyfriend's cocktail only filled about 2/3 of the glass. I guess the server took a slug on the way over to ensure the bartender hadn't put too much booze in it. Like I said, I have been here several times and every time the service has been terrible. Cold and impersonal. I always feel like I am not welcome, nor should I expect anyone to crack a smile. Seemed more interested in standing by the front door waiting to see which Packer player was going to walk in next. I have worked in the food biz my entire career-- It is called the hospitality industry for a reason. Take a hint. It should not take 30 min for appetizers to arrive at the table especially since we pre arranged them. Our host should not have to get up 3 times to check on the status of our food nor should it take 10 minutes for a bottle of wine to arrive. Once it did, the server poured our host a taste and then proceeded to fill everyone else's glass while her's sat empty. Excuse me??? We were expecting a great experience. What we got instead was a huge bill, inexcusably rude service and a guarantee that we will not be returning. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tidbit_12

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Food options, food preparation, service and ambiance were all top notch. Hinterland is a destination for us whenever we are in Green Bay!

Visited July 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The atmosphere and layout is very rustic and cozy; they had a wood fire going and we were able to spend our 5 year anniversary their and had a great experience. We had a wonderful cheese and olive platter for an appetizer and great meals to match.

Visited September 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Overpriced and average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Service was almost too attentive, food was so-so, prices were unrealistically high. We will not return unless it's for appetizers in the bar, which I have heard good things about.

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Much Ado About Nothing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The decor was very appealing and we had great expectations which just weren't met. The service left a lot to be desired - the waiter made us feel like he was doing us a favour... The food was mediocre at best.
Too bad - a new chef and wait staff might bring it up to the level of its competition and meet expectations when you walk in the door.
Our sentiments were shared by those seated nearby who came for the fish tacos that were supposedly the best around... much ado about nothing.

• Visited July 2012