“Best Bruschetta ever!”
Review of Auten's Eatery - CLOSED

Auten's Eatery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We love eating at Auten's! Their food is excellent, the bruschetta is amazing as are the spinach salad, sweet potato fries, and burgers with homemade hamburger buns. Desserts are unique and very tasty. We have eaten here at least 10 times and have never been disappointed. The ambiance inside is very nice, so don't let the exterior fool you. Great food, great value!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tried a number of times to make it to this places, which had closed on a number of those times for no apparent reason. Finally we got there while it was open, the menu is pretty small. That being said they were still out of items at open, further more the risotto was Luke warm and mixed with cheese and had a rich heavy texture that turned us both off. Despite the small menu my wife's chicken was still over cooked and we were the only ones in the place....if this is empty service I hate to think of a rush in the kitchen. My meal was so so, I won't go back....our biggest issue is why pay 2x for something we can cook better at home.

1  Thank C R
Reviewed July 31, 2014

From the outside, this place doesn't look like much. However, when you walk in you will not be let down. This restaurant is nicely decorated and bigger than it looks on the outside. The menu is diverse and everything sounded so good, it was hard to make up my mind. Service was personal and very good. The chef came out and personally thanked us for coming. He also wanted to ensure everything was tasting good and wanted opinions. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Don't be fooled by their terrible location in a strip mall, and bizzare logo - Auten's is a great dining experience in Green Bay.

The tenderloin wrapped in bacon is outstanding - one of the best steaks that I've had anywhere (Green Bay or otherwise). The beer and wine list isn't expansive, but they have some nice local beer (Titletown Brewing at the time) and wine available. The service is great (the owner greeted us after we completed our meal) and quite frankly I was expecting to pay about double for the food and service. We were very pleased with our meals, and will return.

1  Thank ryanprint
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Auten's is a small place hidden in a dreary strip mall but worth seeking out. The atmosphere is contemporary and the staff is friendly for this family run business. We have made a half dozen visits here and have always enjoyed the experience. For dinner, the stuffed pork tenderloin with blueberry pepper sauce is a fantastic choice. If you lean towards burgers, I recently tried "The Jeff," a burger stuffed with mushroom, swiss, and asiago cheese, and it was the best burger I had ever eaten. Even the chicken strips for the kids were unique and outstanding, lightly breaded in a tasty pancake batter.

As for portion size, I have never left hungry. I'd highly recommend Auten's for a unique experience, a break from the usual Green Bay family-style restaurants.