“Awesome little pizzeria.”

Rustique Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 482 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This smallish pizzeria offers a unique menu and a creative atmosphere since it is located in a 112 year old church. We had dinner here on a tuesday and we surprised with the following rustique had. Our group chose two pizzas, one being a pesto and the other a bbq chicken. Both were delicious, probably the best green bay has to offer. We all loved the huge wood fire oven and the cool display of pizza dough tossing. One of our group also tried the tuesday special fish tacos and raved about them. The prices were reasonable, the wait staff was friendly and participated in friendly banter. Overall would recommed this restaurant to anyone. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my favorite place to go out to dinner with my family!!!! The Kids Pizza is perfect for my munchkin (with leftovers to take home)! I LOVE the San Mateo Pizza, the "Castro" sandwich, and Tuesday's Fish Tacos! For an App I always get the wings! They are amazing!!!! They have a great selection of brews ... and a fantastic wine and cocktail list!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We decided to try Rustique on a Saturday evening around 5:30. I've been wanting to eat here for a while was excited to try the pizza. We arrived inside the restaurant and were greeted by the hostess. We requested a table for 4 and then decided to sit at a high top table in the bar area. The bar area is very quaint and nice. The walls are painted a warm red-orange color with wood floors and ceilings.

Our server was really really good. She took our drink order immediately and always came back once our drinks were getting low to see if we wanted more. Very attentive. I wish I could have remembered her name. They have a good assortment of bottled beer, draft beer, specialty drinks, and wine. The prices are average for wine. My dad was disappointed that Michelob Ultra was considered an import beer and was charged around $4.50 each.

We shared the pesto fries and the CBGB for appetizers. I had read the pesto fries were to die for, so we had to try them. They were thin cut fries tossed in a bit of fresh made pesto and drizzled with balsamic reduction. Not too much pesto and not oily. Very good. The CBGB is a wood fired pizza crust with an assortment of cheeses served with a side of pizza sauce. Very good as well. Lots of cheese.

My parents ordered the Antipasto Salad and the Cobb Salad. Both raved about how good they were. My husband and I split the Gaucho Pizza. This is a 12-14" all meat pizza. It has sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, and pulled pork. Let me tell you, this pizza is different from any other all meat pizza you've ever had. First, the ham is REAL, fresh ham. Not the thin lunch meat, canadian bacon style ham. This ham is the country ham you'd serve at Easter. The bacon is small strips of bacon, not crumbled up, precooked bacon. The pulled pork is fresh made and is fantastic on this pizza. The pizza sauce tastes very fresh and has a lot of flavor. It doesn't taste like tomato paste or canned pizza sauce. They definately put some love into this sauce and you can tell just by tasting it. The crust is tossed thin with a slight crispiness on the outside and chewiness in the middle. It's fantastic. The pizzas could easily feed 3 people.

The assortment of pizzas is very interesting. There were at least 4 other pizzas I would have enjoyed to try. Next time, I will try the BBQ pizza and the empanadas as an appetizer. One thing we didn't try was dessert and there were several tasty choices, like donuts or cheesecake pops. Yum!

As we were enjoying our dinner, the restaurant became very busy. People must be hearing about this place because it was packed. I cannot think of a pizza place in the Green Bay area, which serves fresh wood fired pizzas like this. The service is great and we will definately eat here again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very unique pizzas. Nice darker ambiance in the restaurant . Very good selection of beverages and also a great professional wait staff. You cannot go wrong with a selection here. I wanted the shrimp/asparagus pizza but was voted down by my wife. But we had a party of 6 and ordered 3 different kinds of pizzas. No complaints on any of them. I could really make a regular eating place at the Rustique. The next time, I will give a sandwich a try and I am sure I won't be disappointed. They know how to do it right.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate here for the first time and really enjoyed the meal. We had the Cuban sandwich, pesto fries and a couple pizzas. The sandwich was delicious. The pizzas were great. I don't even like pesto, but, loved the fries. Great service. Causal place. Good beer. Will definitely go back.