“Good choice for Asian food in Green Bay!!”
Review of Mandarin Garden

Mandarin Garden
Ranked #84 of 486 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We chose Mandarin Garden on a visit to Green Bay based on location and Trip Advisor. We were pleased. We were seated immediately and our order was taken relatively quickly. The restaurant was very busy but they had several servers to handle the crowd. We ordered Cashew Chicken and Curried Shrimp. The servings were very large. They served family style hot and sour soup which was very good and more than we could eat. Our entrees came quickly and the food was very hot. The atmosphere may be a bit lacking as it is quite brightly lit and, at least that night, they had rock music playing.

1  Thank BarbatMSU

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughter and I dined in several months ago and enjoyed the experience. The place wasn't busy and the server took great care of us. She enjoyed the soup, appetizers and entree. My family tried take out last week. We had three different entrees and they basically all looked and tasted the same. Bland. I guess the lesson learned is to dine in, not carry out.

2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I wanted some Chinese food on our recent trip to Green Bay, so we played "Yellow Pages Roulette", hoping our selection would be a good one. I'm happy to say by picking the Mandarin Gardens, we picked a winner.

The dinner for two included Mongolian beef, which was the perfect combination of crispness and tenderness, and Kung Pao chicken, with appropriate heat, but also a lot of flavor. The vegetables in both dishes were also tastily prepared.

The included selection of appetizers was the usual egg roll/rangoon/soup combination, but all very good. The hot-and-sour soup, however, was presented differently, in a large bowl, with a ladle, so we could serve ourselves in smaller bowls. My wife just wanted one bowl, but I slurped-down about two-and-a-half bowls. (And there was still some left.) A very generous way of presenting soup.

The take-out business seemed to be very lively, which makes me think this is a popular place amongst the locals. The table service was excellent, with even the very smallest delays in serving the food generating apologies.

Good food, nice atmosphere, top-class service. I'm glad we made the Mandarin Gardens our Green Bay dining choice.

1  Thank LKTravelerboy
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very bland American Chinese food. Tastes like the food from a Chinese buffet. The staff did a fine job. If you are looking for real Asian food go to Pho Noodle. The building looks old inside and out. I would not bother to go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants!!! Everything is sooo fresh and cooked to perfection. Quaint restaurant with great and friendly service!!!

1  Thank RedGreenBay

Been to Mandarin Garden? Share your experiences!