“2 lb Burrito”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“2 lb Burrito”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Thursday they have the 2 lb. burrito special. As the name implies, it is very large and we either split one or end up with leftovers. The service is fast and the wait staff is friendly and courteous.
The place always seems busy when we are there. The food is on the bland side for a place that calls itself a southwest grill.

• Visited September 2013

Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly wait staff.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was not really impressed. It wasn't bad but my food wasn't that good. It could be just the entree I ordered because I believe that sometimes they might not really have perfected all their menu items. I will say that the margaritta I ordered was not good so that was a little disappointing. They do seem to give large portions, so that is also a plus. I think everyone should try it once to see what kind of experience they had. It may be way better than mine.

• Visited November 2012
Wisconsin
“Homemade and Delicious”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good food, very customer friendly, lots of southwestern/Mexican dishes as well as more traditional hamburgers, sandwiches. Only complaint is that servings were so large...lots left over by our party. Great place to watch Packers or have meal after attending the game.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank WisconsinTasha
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Chicken chili rocks”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm surprised there are no reviews of Tucson's. I did a couple of searches just to make sure I had the right place. My wife and I found out about this place a few years ago from family. Since then, this has been one of our favorite "fall-back" places when we can't agree on anything else.

I've always enjoyed the chicken chili here. It comes as a side but can be ordered to-go as well. It has great flavor and enough bite, even for a Thai chili fanatic. The food is usually well above average but the service can be hit-or-miss. I've noticed many of the waitstaff is usually comprised of teenage girls who seemingly come from the pom-pom squad. Not horrible service, mind you, but it could definitely be better.

What usually makes up for the lack of service is the quality of food. Over the past five years, I can't think of a bad dish I've personally had. My wife really enjoyed the seafood chimchanga, which was taken off the menu awhile ago. The staff has, thus far, been accommodating in asking the cooks to make it though.

Although it's been a few months since we've been back, I'm interested to see how the revised menu holds up to what we've enjoyed the last few years. Regardless, if the chicken chili recipe hasn't changed, I'll at least go back and take some of that as take-out.

• Visited December 2011